The Issue is Not that God WANTS Us to Suffer...

by AGuest 404 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

I am not sure what you're implying. That I don't agree with what is often attributed to Paul... or with Paul himself... does not mean I don't stand fast with him IN UNION WITH CHRIST. He and the apostles didn't agree on a number of things. Would you say they didn't stand fast with one another as to THEIR union with Christ? What does one have to do with the other?

I stand with Shelby also, as a sister in Christ, and I had earlier written out something similar to her thought above - understanding that she never said she stood against Paul, but that she had disagreed with some of the things he had taught, and that his letters were scripture. We don't have to agree with one another on every matter to be brothers and sisters in Christ.

Tammy

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest tec... WaterSprout... and NobleLodge... the greatest of love and peace to you all!

Tec, thank you for trying to "help"... again. Truly. I know I am not the "best" our Lord has to offer, but I am willing. Perhaps with your gift of wisdom (which I don't have, at all - LOLOL!)... some will get it. Perhaps not. Either way, please do not give up on trying to help us all!

WS, NL... and you, dear, dear tec... thank you for your support... and your dear, dear loyalty. May JAH bless you all! May HE... be as loyal with YOU... as you have been with His servant... and yours. (2 Samuel 22:26).

May the underserved kindness and mercy of our heavenly Father and God, the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, and the love and peace of His Son and Christ, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit, our Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH... be upon you, each of you... and your entire households. I "see" Christ in you.

YOUR servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ... to time indefinite,

SA

• tec
    tec

It is rarely anyone of the Body of Christ who put me to such task, though. They are just too kind. If they agree... fine. If they don't... again, fine. Because THEY know that I am NOT their leader, that it is NOT to me that they should listen... but to the One we call Lord and Master. Very seldom, however, does one tell me that their spirit does NOT bear witness with the TRUTH that I share. One or two may have to mull over what I've shared... even discuss it with our Lord... but thus far, no one has said to me, "That is NOT what our Lord has said!"

Oh, Shelby. You said this perfectly. I keep trying to find a way to explain how sometimes I can't yet accept what you have shared, at the same time I don't disagree. I consider, reflect, pray and sometimes set them aside. But nothing in me has ever screamed "NO NO THAT'S WRONG!" to anything you've shared.

Tammy

• AGuest
    AGuest

Thank you, dear tec (the greatest of love and peace to you!). I only stated what was true. It IS tough when a Member of the Body does it (it used to send me into a super spiral of doubt, but not so much any more, praise JAH!). But since it's so rare... or I come to know that the one is not truly a Member of Christ's Body... I can handle it.

I would be lying, though, if I said it doesn't make my heart rejoice when one shares that their spirit indeeds bears witness with the truth of what I shared. Llike you did here - LOLOL! Ah, well... the flesh is, after all, the flesh...

Again, peace to you, dear tec... and your entire household!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

OK this is how I see it....read only if you must.

If you have NO belief/faith, then WHY stick around, there's nothing to see here. Why keep shouting at something you don't believe in.

If you have a belief/faith but lack uncertainty, then stick around because you may learn something.

If you're not sure what you believe....well it won't hurt to stick around will it.

If you are a brother/sister in Christ ....well we stick around to show love and give support to those that post and are then given a hard time by some (or a certain few). We may not always post our support on the thread but we do PM or e-mail each other.

OTWO - Why be angry and deny the existence of God and His Son because you feel they led you the wrong way. Two days before I was contacted by JWs I had prayed because I was very depressed and I wanted to know if He existed and why .........well you get the picture. Twenty six years later I woke up to the truth about the truth. At the same time a very dear brother led me to Christ and praise Jah at last the WTBTS could never hurt me again.

Yes I have to admit I was angry because I didn't understand why I had prayed and then ended up in the mire that is the WTBTS. But then I was reading one of Shelby's posts and she said that when we ask we very often/sometimes DO NOT listen. I knew then that is what happened to me. I hadn't listened. I hadn't paid attention to what SCRIPTURE (not the bible) was telling me. Yes I would read it and not understand how the WT was interpreting it, but hey they are God's channel and who are we to argue.

So do I listen now... yes very intently.

Do I hear..... most absolutely.

Am I crazy ......only to those who think I am. LOL

NVL - Let's face it life would be pretty boring for you without Shelby and others like her.

May all of you that oppose have the love and peace of JAH OF ARMIES and His son JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH because it is there for the taking ....if you would only listen.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Shelby seems to be starting up her own little cult following right here on JWN. Which is fine, but word to the wise for you disciples, if she ever offers you a brightly colored beverage, just excuse yourselves quickly and run for the hills.

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

Cog - I didn't say I followed Shelby, it was something she wrote that helped me understand why I had ended up in the WT.

She is my sister in Christ, other than that I have no need to go to her about anything. In fact if/when I have she has always told me to go to the source, who is My Lord Jaheshua Mischajah.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Who told you that was your Lord's name? What is the origin of that name?

Why does your lord take 26 years to answer you when you pray to him? With that answer rate you could only ask about 3 questions in your life time starting when you were 5

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

You thought when the JW called on you it was the answer to your prayer. Then 26 years later you are led off by another "brother". Lets hope in another 26 years you don't realize you answered the wrong call again.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

And don't pretend you want the atheists to not post on these threads. Because YOUR life would be just as boring as you suggest NVL's would be. You put your faith on public display on this discussion forum for a reason. You know full well non-believers are going to comment on it. How else would you feel persecuted, misunderstood and special if they didn't.

And don't try to say that you post to encourage each other. You could communicate with each other by PM and no non-believers would ever intrude on your discussions. You put up and comment on these threads for one reason and one reason only, to draw attention to your specialness as God's chosen and to invoke discussions with non-believers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit