Mentallyfree31 Would Like To Formally Introduce Himself

by mentallyfree31 40 Replies latest jw friends

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Hello all. I have been absent on the forum for the past couple of months. I have previously been known on here as "mentallyfree31". I would like to take this opportunity to formally introduce myself. My nane is Steve Broome. I live in south central Mississippi. My family was in the BORG for 25 years. Last December 2009, i awakened and realized I was in a cult. After this realization, i attended a few more meetings and then walked away for good.

I have been very busy over the past two months. I have enrolled in college for the first time in my life. I gave up college scholarships in order to pioneer back in 1995. I am planning on pursing a college degree in the medical field, perhaps physical therapy or nursing. I hope to narrow down my major in the next three months.

Many of you already know this, but leavingwt is my brother. He was the first to awaken from this cult. I also have at least 3 good friends that have awakened as well, who are on the forum also.

I will share more later, just decided today that I would quit lurking under an anoynomous username. So here I am. My identity is revealed. I am OUT of the cult, and the future has never looked brighter.

Greetings to all of you! Here's a picture...

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

NIce to meet you!

purps

• cantleave
    cantleave

Steve - great to meet. Your brother has helped many on here.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Nice to meet you!

You look a lot like your brother.

Syl

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I wondered where you were.

Another Saints fan!! That's why you're such a great guy!!

Geaux Saints!!!!

• Open mind
    Open mind

Pleased to meet you!

All the best in the many JW-free years that lie ahead.

om

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello Steve pleased to meet you...good luck with your studies.

Loz x

• yknot
    yknot

I am so glad to see you Broome Boys making a clean sweep of this WTS mess! (giggles......lame I know but still giggling like an 6 year old girl!)

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

glad to have you on the forum. leavingwt is cool as shit. usually that gene runs in the family. ;)

• laverite
    laverite

AWESOME. Please don't try to think you have to figure out your major in the next three months. Take your general education courses, explore fields of interest, and you'll get there eventually. Don't pressure yourself. ENJOY college. Most of all, ENJOY your freedom from the cult. -LV

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit