Avoiding the Meeting

by brotherdan 70 Replies latest jw friends

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

So, Darth Plaugeis (or however you spell it) has suggested that the best way to get out of going to the meeting is to tell your wife that it's time to get ready for the meeting, and when her back is turned hit her over the head with a large object.

I'm sure there are better ways to get out of going. I'm looking for some real ideas here. None of the "Just say your not going." I like the whole getting your wife (or husband) drunk before the meeting so they won't want to go idea. Anyone have some other ideas in how they got out of going to the meeting?

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Well not exactly but I can see why you thought I said hit her.... do the same thing but BOOM make her go that way... know they are concerned about her.

Only works a couple of times...

I used to work late(drive around do shopping) get in I have no time TO GET Ready and what a Day!!!

After awhile I just went when I wanted until I got the Visit!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`ve gotten out of every meeting by not going..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Yeah, but I'm trying to keep peace with the wife too... If I say I'm not going it turns into a huge fight. I'm trying to avoid that.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Migraine attacks...?? Amnesia?? Lol you dont remember anything about becoming a JW? Handy eh?

Loz x

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I've over used the migraine excuse... I like where you're going with Amnesia though...

"What? What meeting? I don't go there...Do I?"

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Hated those fights

When I married you.... YOU WERE A PIONEER!!!! and know it's every meeting I feel I have to Drag you along... Y&ou are supossed to be the Spiritual Head not ME...

something like that???

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Whoa! EXACTLY like that Darth. In fact, she uses some of the exact same words! "If I didn't drag you to the meetings, you just wouldn't go! You are supposed to be our spiritual head!"

Crazy...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

BrotherDan..

Like it or not..

Your going to have to make a stand..

Whether it`s now or later..Your going to have to do it..

Get it over with..

.................. ...OUTLAW

• ssn587
    ssn587

grow a set and tell her you aint going, my spouse was told I am not in the school and i have had my fill of sales meetings. so no need for me to be there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit