Should Muslims Have to Register in the USA?

by sammielee24 59 Replies latest social current

• chickpea
  • nugget
    nugget

Why is it we can see the inhumanity in past generations but fail to appreicate the mob mentality in our own.

This is a stupid idea and offensive to people with an ounce of humanity.

• read good books
    read good books

Neither Muslims nor gunowners should have to register. The people should be watching the government not the other way around.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

This is why they ALL need to register...they're a hazard to other humans..

Cleric wants Dutch politician beheaded

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2010/09/03/15233461.html?cid=rssnewsworld

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

ome on people - surely we all realize that at least 90% of Americans reject such an idea?

---------

Well, you will notice that Glen Beck has his name linked to the thoughts of the right wing on these issues and considering that on another thread there were some die hard Beckophiles, and no doubt Savage lovers, who claimed that Glen Beck is spouting a message that almost all Americans agree with - well - I'm not so certain any longer that the majority of Americas would disagree with such a registration. sammieswife

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

sammielee

I'm not so certain any longer that the majority of Americas would disagree with such a registration. sammieswife

As usual you miss the point. This really has nothing to do with muslims. It's all about how I'm treated as a gun owner.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

No..I don't miss much of anything. The pollster used the gun link as an excuse to address the muslim issue of registration. He obviously was addressing his listening audience who the minute they hear gun control of any kind, go rabid and so he used the link to those guns to get them riled up and associate violence from guns to violence from Muslims.

I get it. No problem there.

The sad thing is that all the gun fanatics can't see past that and think. Guns kill about 12,000 people in the USA every year...how many Muslims have you got in the country that are going around randomly killing people? There was no reason for the link other than sensationalism - pandering to a specific mindset.

By keeping the link between guns and Muslims, it does the job of fueling a lot of hatred unnecessarily.

So, the issue is about Muslims. The guns were shoved in there to get the ring wing fanatics all riled up and show everyone where they really stand - on both issues.

sammieswife

• designs
    designs

Manzanar revisited .....

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    The sad thing is that all the gun fanatics can't see past that and think. Guns kill about 12,000 people in the USA every year...how many Muslims have you got in the country that are going around randomly killing people? There was no reason for the link other than sensationalism - pandering to a specific mindset.

No. Guns don't kill anyone.

People murder about 16,500 people in the USA every year. I'm all for the registration of murderers

How many of the 3.5 million legal gun owners go around "randomly" killing people? But they all have to be "regestered" don't they.

It's about how you don't see the problem or double standard. Why do 3.5 million citizens have to regester, and the rest don't?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The radio program knows how to play to the lowest common thinking groups out there. Put a stupid idea out there that gets people all wound up and get many responses (HEY, same thing happens on JWN). I guess we could take this to the ridiculous extreme: register everybody with a list of their opinions on hot-button issues and list their political party, religion, education, etc. I suppose it could be part of the census and mandatory and people could be carted off to prison for failure to answer or for lying. Of course, the census would have to be taken continually instead of every 10 years so that the government forces can find their enemies at any time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit