Should Muslims Have to Register in the USA?

by sammielee24 59 Replies latest social current

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Currently some ordinary Muslims who are in the US from other countries on normal work and study visas have to report to police stations at regular intervals.

For no crimes. Simply for being from perceived high-risk countries. I know this first-hand.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    Currently some ordinary Muslims who are in the US from other countries on normal work and study visas have to report to police stations at regular intervals.
    For no crimes. Simply for being from perceived high-risk countries. I know this first-hand.
    I'm not calling you a liar, but I have to wonder about this. Police stations?
  • Quillsky
    Quillsky
    I'm not calling you a liar, but I have to wonder about this. Police stations?

LOL! I'm not in the US and don't know your terminology! My facts are true though, with regard to real people.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Regardless of the truthiness (not a real word) of this, from this reading you appear to be because of their point of origin, not the religion. Muslim could easily be replaced with "extreme knitting afficionado"

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

LOL @ knitting!

Okay, Pakistan. So it's inferred that a Pakistani male's religion is Islam. It probably is too. In some states of the US Pakistani men have to check in periodically with law enforcement for no other reason than that they are male Pakistanis. This is the thin end of the wedge.

Should passport control be monitoring countries or religions?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Then you say:

LOL! I'm not in the US and don't know your terminology! My facts are true though, with regard to real people.

If you're not in the US, How do you know "first-hand"?

• journey-on
    journey-on
    I'm not in the US and don't know your terminology! My facts are true though, with regard to real people.

Quillsky...now I'm LOL.

In some states of the US Pakistani men have to check in periodically with law enforcement for no other reason than that they are male Pakistanis.

I doubt very seriously this is true. Sorry... if you're hearing this from a 3rd party, you are probably misunderstanding or getting false info. If they were picked up for a misdemeanor or any other crime and are out on the street after trial or release, then probably, yes, they are reporting to a parole officer.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky
    If you're not in the US, How do you know "first-hand"?

I can give you the email addresses of men who have lived and worked legally in the US for many years who have to report to authorities periodically after entry from visiting their parents in Pakistan. I don't know them, I know their sister. Any more questions?

• journey-on
    journey-on
    authorities
    Ahhhh! There's the word that is confusing. Authorities does not necessarily = police
  • notverylikely
    notverylikely

I can give you the email addresses of men who have lived and worked legally in the US for many years who have to report to authorities periodically after entry from visiting their parents in Pakistan.

Dude, everyone visiting the counry on a visa has to periodically report , especially when on an open ended visa or work permit. I had to do the same thing when I was in Russia.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit