Should Muslims Have to Register in the USA?

by sammielee24 59 Replies latest social current

• bohm
    bohm

DD: But we can both agree that muslims and guns has nothing to do with each other, and that its a completely retarded idea to register muslims, right?

• journey-on
    journey-on

sammieswife.....you take things way too far sometimes. I don't know of one conservative nor (as you put it) right-winger who would support registering just muslims because they're muslims. Other than one or two loonies, any right-minded person would condemn this. However, did the muslim commit a crime? Attempt to commit a crime? Was an accessory to a crime? Then, trust me....he/she is already "registered".

As another poster said, "Guns DO NOT kill people. People kill people". Did the plane that plowed into the Twin Towers kill 3,000 Americans? No. A handful of extremist muslims killed them.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

bohm

DD: But we can both agree that muslims and guns has nothing to do with each other, and that its a completely retarded idea to register muslims, right?

As I said, this really isn't about muslims. I think its a completely retarded idea to register muslims or gun owners.

• designs
    designs

Aren't people Registered already- Social Security number, Work Visa, Driver's License....and the ubiquitous Birth Certificate

• journey-on
    journey-on

designs.....You register FOR something. Social Security to get taxed properly, Work Visa to legally obtain employment (so you can get taxed properly), Driver's License to drive a car legally, and a Birth Certificate to let the world know you have arrived and will be allowed to move about the planet now.

What would you register a muslim FOR?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

journey-on

I don't think designs understands the difference between a right and a privilege.

• designs
    designs

I'm just saying the population is by and large registered already, is there a need for anything further. If you are a felon you have a record that is accessible by all the States.

If you are of any religious denomination I doubt there is a government database with your name on it. Now the FBI could very well have already installed their face recogition cameras by Mosques and has a database of who comes and goes and to see if any people on their watch list show up. My son worked with the FBI installing these cameras in public facilities and malls in the city he works for in the Sheriff's Dept.. Those things are frick'n amazing.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

No comment JWoods? ;)

If you are of any religious denomination I doubt there is a government database with your name on it

In the past, multiple countries used to record religous affiliation as part of their census. Most no longer do.

• designs
    designs

The University of Irvine in California placed a ban on a campus Muslim group for interfering with a speech by the Israeli Ambassador.

Would a solution be for religions that have Hate mongering in their Holy Books to formally sign documents with the Federal and State governments stating that although they may believe what is written in their Holy Books they must go on record and never advocate what is written in order to attain legal status as a Religion or Non-Profit Organization.

Should Convertion tactics and Judgement Day rantings be considered Hate Speech.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Keep the government out of it. We already have laws on the books regarding speech, hate crimes, requirements for non-profit status, etc. Don't need another gumming up of the works with some sort of redundant bureaucratic debacle. Silly.

The University of Irvine in California placed a ban on a campus Muslim group for interfering with a speech by the Israeli Ambassador

I don't know the details of this event, but I see nothing wrong with banning a group for interferring with someone's right to speak. After the ambassador's speech, if the muslim group wants to rant and rave, then they should be allowed to do so, also without interferrence. Just don't physically hurt anybody.

I'm an American and that's how I feel. Remember, however, Canadians don't think that way. Remember when Ann Coulter was invited to speak at a Canadian university? A group of "anti-Coulters" who interpret her thoughts as "hate speech" interrupted to the point where she couldn't present her speech. The Canadian laws allow this sort of interferrence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit