Should Muslims Have to Register in the USA?

by sammielee24 59 Replies latest social current

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

I think this thread is getting a bit off track. Yes, my experience with a Pakistani-American family is interesting (extremely interesting to me actually), but should Muslims have to register in the USA? That's the original question.

Should ex-Jehovah's Witnesses have to register on some database? A bizarre question, if you ask me.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    Should passport control be monitoring countries or religions?

After 9/11???? After the shoe bomber? After the Christmas bomber? After the Yemeni connection to the Ft. Hood bomber? Duh. If the dots connect, what do you think?

• journey-on
    journey-on
    Should ex-Jehovah's Witnesses have to register on some database

Only if you are connected to the wrong dot. Have you been in Yemeni training with Al-Qaeda? Have you been meeting with Pakistani terrorists learning about explosives? Have you been exchanging emails with a radical cleric that wants to destroy western civilization and implement sharia law....you know what that is don't you?

(Some minds are so open their brains have fallen out.)

(Like these sorts of people would bother registering!!!)

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

No to most of your questions, journey-on, but what's your point?

Please phrase your point as, well, your point. Not in the negative. I have trouble working out what you're ACTUALLY trying to say.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    what's your point
    My point was to answer YOUR questions. Did I not do that efficiently?
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I don`t think Muslims as a Group,should have to register with anyone..

I have a Muslim Buddy and his Mrs. coming up to my home next week..

He`s dangerously funny..

But..

I don`t think I should have to register him..LOL!!..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• ziddina
    ziddina

Heeeeeyyy OUTLAW!!!

Good to see you up and about...

About registering Muslims.... Only the law-abiding Muslims would cooperate with such a law...

Which would leave the ones causing the problems skittering about, off the radar...

Besides, we've already got a 'registry' to keep track of troublemakers... It's called "parole", and one can judge how well a "Muslim registry" would work by looking at the parole system...

Registering fanatics and fruitcakes really doesn't make them any less dangerous... Unless one is going to slip a GPS collar on them, it's pretty ineffective at keeping track of them, too...

Zid

• Quillsky
    Quillsky
    Dude, everyone visiting the counry on a visa has to periodically report , especially when on an open ended visa or work permit. I had to do the same thing when I was in Russia.

Not true about the USA. Oddly enough I know this first-hand too.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Quillsky: "Should ex-Jehovah's Witnesses have to register on some database? A bizarre question, if you ask me. ..."

Ah, hah... If Ted Jaracz were still alive, he'd be drooling at the idea...

I'll bet the Gov.Bod has some contingency plan to that effect, to be implemented after "Armageddon" for use upon the grumblers...

Zid

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Neither Muslims nor gunowners should have to register. The people should be watching the government not the other way around.

Bravo, RGB

Excellent comment

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit