Well, I Guess There IS One Good Thing About the WTBTS...

by AGuest 68 Replies latest jw friends

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

We already have an involuntary system we must submit to (forced philanthropy) that gives to the poor:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2119437/posts

Michelle Obama: "Give up a piece of your pie so someone can have more"

Our taxation system isn't voluntary: the federal government will take a piece of everyone's prosperity "pie" and redistribute it, " so everyone can have more."

Then he said to them: “Pay back, therefore, Caesar’s things to Caesar, but God’s things to God. Matthew 22:21

Jehovah's Witnesses pay taxes without complaining so what's the problem? You can't say the same for everyone else. One of the comments on the above news article:

"Jesus, I aint giving none of my pie for some fat lazy welfare drug addled layabout to get vouchers and handouts.

You want some pie, bake it yourself, honey."

• AGuest
    AGuest

And there you go. Told ya'll that some here think just like those in the WTBTS. Again, the man may be out of the WTBTS... but the WTBTS is still in the man.

Ah, well...

Peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA, who has GOT to stop drinking Diet Coke. The caffeine is just... well, as you can see here I am... still...

• Voices
    Voices

*yawn* *rubs eyes* .. *looks around* .... *closes eyes again*

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Alice.in.wonderland: "Jehovah's Witnesses pay taxes without complaining so what's the problem?"

Isn't it funny they do that? They don't vote and yet they still pay taxes?

Where is their representation?

• ex-witness
    ex-witness

Does religion really matter when caring for another human being?

I'm an atheist. Daily I give homeless people cigarettes, change, a bag of chips or whatever I have. Do they do drugs? I'm sure some do. But imagine that life: A lot have mental instability/"just plain crazy", physical challenges, etc. that prevent them from working; families have abandoned them (given up on them); no one will hire them because they don't have easy access to showers, etc. Is it my CHOICE for them to use it on drugs and alcohol? No. I would rather them get food. So I give food, or a smoke. But when I do give money, the second it touches their hand, it's off my conscience. Because here's the real TRUTH of it : If I had no one to turn to (family, friends, etc.), no place to protect me from the elements (no home, tent, etc.) I'd definitely see the appeal of being intoxicated, drugged up, etc.

And I don't do it for the attention. I do it because I'm a god damn human being and so are they.

Case in point: I helped a newly blinded man cross the street, because he was having difficulty navigating with his cane. When I continued on my way, I turned around to see him standing in the middle of the street, as a light was about to change. I ran over, offered my arm and said, "Let's get out of the road, bro. Where ya headed? You're facing East, 7 blocks from I-35 on 6th Street. The cross street is Brazos. And on this corner is Logan's Icehouse."

He thanked me and offered me money, which I graciously refused. When asked why I wouldn't take it, "I don't need a reward to act like a decent human. " He even asked my religion, and when hearing my response "Atheist", he laughed. "It's sad. I've been trying to cross for a while now, and an ATHEIST is the one who helped me. I can hear the church bells nearby, where are the Christians?" He then proceeded to his destination. (This isn't a dig a Christians, etc. it's a dig at the self-righteous attitude that is prevalent in society that the homeless, the indigent are "dogs" and "filth". If a little sip of booze, a hit of the pipe makes their day less horrible, who am I to judge in my nice apartment with my hot girlfriend on the couch?)

****This story was told to get a point across. Not to self-promote. Before the antagonists decide to blast me for relating an experience****

The moral is simple : Don't get so wrapped up in the "spiritual" you forget that you're human. You never know when YOU might need help, when the chips are down, when you've lost your way.

• Voices
    Voices

ex-Witness ..."And I don't do it for the attention. I do it because I'm a god damn human being and so are they. "

THANK YOU! that's ALL i've been trying to say! ...whether it's correct or NOT...NIKE! (Just DO IT!) THANK YOU so much!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jehovah's Witnesses pay taxes without complaining so what's the problem? You can't say the same for everyone else......Alice in Wonderland

So your Alice again are you?..LOL!!

Occult Alice..Loves the WBT$ and the Occult..

Of course JW`s pay taxs..

Like everyone they pay as little as possible or even Cheat on thier Tax`s..

The WBT$ pays no tax`s at all..

I`m sure you can find all the information on your Ouija Board..

Or..

Next Saonce..

http://www.occultopedia.com/images_/seance.jpg

................................ ...OUTLAW

• tec
    tec

Michelle:

las·civ·i·ous

adj. 1. Given to or expressing lust; lecherous. 2. Exciting sexual desires; salacious. . Um... did you mean this word in regards to me? Because I don't really know what you were trying to say. I'm on vacation (and I arrived safely, though there were many accidents along the way, so thank you to those who prayed for me) and I don't have much time here this long weekend, but as I was quickly scanning through I saw this, directed in response to me. . Voices, I get your point. Do the kindness. Don't judge the person you're doing the kindness for. . Thanks, Tammy

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Don't judge the person you're doing the kindness for.

OR perhaps the person who did the kindness, dear tec, seeing as none of us know what's it another's heart, save for what they show coming out of it? And indignation... shown on behalf of a "lesser" one... can very well be considered "righteous," can it not? For example, I am SURE there was some "policy" about throwing people who were in the temple by permission of the priests... OUT. Yet, our Lord did that, didn't he? Must've been something wrong with that "policy"...

Anyway, GLAD you made it safely, my dear one in Christ. Enjoy your vacation, "see" you when you get back... and peace to you!

YOUR servant and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit