Well, I Guess There IS One Good Thing About the WTBTS...

by AGuest 68 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

I hear you, dear Clarity (peace to you!)... and I am SO glad that YOU were not able to fully "hear" the voice that "stranger"! John 10:5

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

Shelby you were up all night, I bet your eyes look like door stops lol.

Thanks for your support (you know what I mean).

xx

• donuthole
    donuthole

For those who can accept it - Jesus gave the most valuable thing in the world to people that continually ignore, misuse, or outright abuse that gift. If I give to someone who asks and they use my gift to go buy a crack rock - so what?! My responsiblity is to give as I have been given. It isn't my responsibility of how people use/misuse that gift. I don't want to be standing before that throne and claiming, "Lord I didn't feed you because I thought you might buy a 40 ounce with the two dollars."

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

I don't rant often but here goes...

While I was a JW I aided a local homeless charity to get national press coverage. I heard many many comments from JW's that were very sympathetic to the plight of the homeless - but would not do anything to help except point to the Kingdom. Clearly there will be exceptions - but few that I have came across. Imagine 7 million aid workers actually doing some charity work for a month? That would be pioneering... pity they're too busy storing treasures in heaven than doing any actual good for those less fortunate.

The smoke screen of the WTS sending aid to disaster areas that JW's use so as not to have to give is frankly embarrassing. The WTS does give some aid, it's nearly always to help it's own and more as a PR exercise.

Since leaving over the last few years I have been part of small teams that have raised hundreds of thousands of pounds for charities, briefly worked in Africa and fully understand the costs involved in getting aid to people who need it. The small amount of personal commitment was a pleasure and just a snip of the effort that I put into being a JW (which was often far from a pleasure). I have not made any real sacrifice for charity in case it sounds like I'm singing my praises I'm just making the point that I know what I'm talking about and a lot can be done without huge effort.

You don't have to help the homeless but help someone if you can. Any charity that you think is worthwhile. You don't have to do much but every little helps. Whatever you can, however you can.

I'll shut up now. Thanks for listening

MMXIV

• donuthole
    donuthole

They JW's do not even help their own how can you expect that they will help outsiders? When I first started walking this path my wife and I found out that a sister at the hall didn't have money for her pain medicine for her cancer as she was switching insurance providers. This medicine was pretty pricey. Now this is a sister that was coming to all the meetings with tubes coming out of her nose and her hair falling out. So my wife and I thought we would ask around and see if we could come up with some money to give to her. The responses we got were so disheartening. We were told that her non-believing family could provide. We were asked if we had cleared this with the elders. I was so depressed about that I just gave up and I stand before Heaven and admit that sin because I should have just went ahead and bought it out of my own pocket. But that is the attitude of those people and I am thankful that God has called me out of that mess through Christ. I have known JW's that have taunted the homeless, when they asked for change they would reply, "I'm sorry I just gave my last 50" "50 cents" "No, 50 dollars." And laugh as the homeless would walk off dejected. I admit that I got caught up in that shameful conduct. The only time I ever gave anyone was a dollar so I could take my picture with them and then laugh about it. God forgive me - that is just wrong. Today the only people I absolutely refuse to give to is those judas churches that take, take, take and feed themselves instead of turning around and giving which the whole reason for even taking an "offering". You believe in the Bible, well read it, and see. The offering isn't so bethel can have a new chandelier. It isn't so the youth group can get a new flat-screen. Thieves. It is for the poor. It belongs to them. In society and in religions the poor always come last. The mortgage company gets paid, the utility company gets paid, the pastor gets paid, his secretary gets paid, the youth pastor gets paid, the music minister gets paid, the building fund gets paid, and whatever crumb is left we call benovalence and give to the poor. Sorry for the soap-box - but this really gets me angry ...

• AGuest
    AGuest

I was up all night, dear NL (peace to you!) and, yep, my flesh is paying for it... BIG time! I could SO use a nap, right now!!! LOLOLOLOL!

Thank you, dear MMXIV, for getting it and sharing your experience. Peace to you!

The offering isn't so bethel can have a new chandelier. It isn't so the youth group can get a new flat-screen. Thieves. It is for the poor. It belongs to them.

Nothing to look back at, dear Donuthole ... and the greatest of love and peace to you! Once you put your shoulder to the plow, it's forward looking only. But, yes, they are robbing the poor and... as a result... the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies... to His very face. Supposedly, in His own name. THINK, folks.

Dearest, dearest Coffee... the greatest of love and peace to you, my dear one... and to that lovely son of yours. I know your heart is full with love and pride, but I bit there's a bit of awe in there, too, isn't there... that such a "babe" could "get" what full grown folk STILL don't have a clue about?!

Peace to you all.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• snowbird
    snowbird

Right on, Donut!!!

As many churches and Kingdom Halls there are in this country, there is NO need for anyone to go homeless, unfed, unclothed, or unloved.

We have ignored the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth, and should be ashamed of ourselves.

Syl

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

All I know is that I don't do enough.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

It is sad how the WTS continually speaks of love being a mark of a true jw, but they never help their own unless it is a BIG natural disaster. Spiritual aid is more important than physical aid in the WTS. But Jesus appreciated the value of helping others physically.

I once had a Mormon neighbor who was financially suffering. Being a zealous jw at the time, I was amazed how the local Mormon unit provided financial aid for my neighbor family. At the time I thought it was showing true Chrisitian love by going door to door instead.

• tec
    tec

For those who can accept it - Jesus gave the most valuable thing in the world to people that continually ignore, misuse, or outright abuse that gift.

Yes, absolutely; a poignant reminder. And yet He continues to give, as we should as well - no matter who we are, and no matter what we're giving.

Shelby - Peace and strength and love to you. You know, I went to bed feeling really good - because despite what was said, while Twitch didn't seem to get it at first, he then did get it. And that, in itself, gave me peace and hope. When I woke up and read more, sadness came alongside that hope once again, but the hope is stronger.

I hope you get your nap, or at least a good night's sleep tonight :)

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit