Evidence! How did you come to know reality?

by zannahdoll 120 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• agonus
    agonus

Well, as long as we're both making shit up, I was a couple of aisles away from the gal, and as all who have developed their sixth and seventh senses know, we can shpoink and sprunge each other's shpoinksprungery bulbs from several feet away completely undetected by you five-sense apes. Anyway, we both started to shpoink about the moon landing and decided to remotely sprunge the so-called "landing site". We both immediately shpoinked it as Shepperton Studios in England where Kubrick shot "2001", confirming both of our suspicions. After that, we decided to flonk a bottle of Dewar's. I can say no more about flonking as we eighth-sensers have an agreement... a "code of honor" thing. But suffice it to say, the Eagle had landed, if you flonk my meaning.

• agonus
    agonus

I need to revisit my creative fiction post :)

• agonus
    agonus

Looks like I've shpoinked Terry right off another thread. The man has absolutely no vision.

Or shpoink.

• agonus
    agonus

I'm getting close to my eleventytwelfth post!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

In the 1500's the reality is that man could not fly, yet, here we are, 500 years later doing what as if it was the most common of things?

In 1920 the reality was that man could NOT travel the speed of sound, here we are right now and the reality is the travleing faster than the speed of sound is common place.

In 1940 the reality of space flight was fantasy, here we are now.

In 1930 man could NOT rune the 100 meter in under 10 seconds, that was reality, here we are know, running it 9.58

Reality is subjective to time, space and even between people.

My physical reality is based on my limitations or lack there of for example, is not someone else reality.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Well, as long as we're both making shit up

I am NOT making this up. I was on a flight from CLT to DFW, the last flight of the night, took off at 9:30 I think, sitting in first class, flight was full and I had an empty seat next to me. People were still loading and I was hoping to keep the empty seat next to. As we are about to close the doors, a few more people get on and next to me site a 25 year old cutie with glasses. I was tired and was just going to have a drink and take a nap, but this girl is chatty. She starts talking to me, one drink turns into .... a lot of drinks.

She was cute, young, smart, talking to me, gave me her number and email address.... abot an hour before the flight lands, she mentions the moon landings being faked. I thought she was joking, but she was deadly serious. She then goes off onto the tri-lateral commission, the bankers that rule the world....

Wow. An hour of that. It went so wrong so fast.

• agonus
    agonus

My apologies. I thought you were employing humor. As I've said before, there are some things that are too weird to make up.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

My apologies. I thought you were employing humor. As I've said before, there are some things that are too weird to make up.

aw, no worries man. that was a weird story.

• tec
    tec

I think Wobble said that there is no evidence of the existence of a creator. That isn't true. There is evidence - there just isn't proof. That humanity sought a creator at all is evidence. It just isn't accepted by everyone. So its not the same as the proven evidence that the earth rotates around the sun instead of the sun rotating around the earth. But we also can't just 'poof' imagine something outside of our realm of existence/experience. If a spiritual world does not exist in some form or another, then I don't see how we could have conceived of it to begin with.

Tammy

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

In the 1500's the reality is that man could not fly, yet, here we are, 500 years later doing what as if it was the most common of things?

See my earlier point, reality does not mean constant.

Reality is subjective to time, space and even between people.

Reality changes, that does not make it subjective.

My physical reality is based on my limitations or lack there of for example, is not someone else reality.

Your experience and knowledge are, for sure, as are mine. That doesn't make reality subjective, though, just experience and knowledge.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit