Evidence! How did you come to know reality?

by zannahdoll 120 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

It amazes me.

People who try to blur distinctions.

Reality is what exists whether you acknowledge it or not.

If you drive with your eyes closed you can't crash into anything because it doesn't exist until you open your eyes......that sort of thinking.

What are the limits of human perception?

Computing the speed of the Earth's rotation, placement in space, distance from Mars, trajectory and acceleration of a rocket and time of travel?

We sent a Mars Rover and it hit the target only to send back broadcasts from 228 million kilometers away! How's that for reality and perception?

The Human Genome project has identified 3 billion nucleotide bases in 40 thousand genes and 100 trillion cells in the human body.

Human perception has enabled mere mortal man with 5 senses to produce technology for chronometry, rapid transportation, longevity, exploration, computation, science, industry and endless labor-saving devices.

It is always the Mystic who tries to convince us how UNdefined the human mind "really" is and how feeble and unprovable our intelligence and how mystical and supernatural explanations are just as worthwhile as the word of SCIENCE.

What a load of Poop!

If you have heart trouble I doubt you'd call a mystic over a heart surgeon.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Terry, I don't acknowledge your load of poop! Don't poo poo the mystics. You may arrive there someday yourself...

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Reality is subjective, it always is, always was and MAY always be.

The reality of our life is NOT the reality of someone in Darfur or Afganistan or of soem monk in tibet.

Sure certain things are a constant - Oxygen or the lack their off, gravity, the speed of light, my uber-awesomness, but our everyday realities are our perceptions of them/it, changes.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

For Terry and others: Might I endorse

http://www.amazon.com/Human-Odyssey-Navigating-Twelve-Stages/dp/1402739966

Best explanation, in my view, of the reasons some of us concentrate on the scientific while others of us lean towards the soul/spiritual dimension

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Reality is subjective, it always is, always was and MAY always be.

Perception and experience may be, reality is not.

The reality of our life is NOT the reality of someone in Darfur or Afganistan or of soem monk in tibet.

Perception and experience may be, reality is not.

Sure certain things are a constant - Oxygen or the lack their off, gravity, the speed of light, my uber-awesomness, but our everyday realities are our perceptions of them/it, changes.

Constant is not the same as reality. Gravity and the speed of light are not constant :)

I can agree that you uber-awesomess is a constant AND reality :)

• Terry
    Terry

Terry, I don't acknowledge your load of poop! Don't poo poo the mystics. You may arrive there someday yourself...

A scathingly conceived rebuttal rife with incalculable wit, charm and insurmountable logic.

I bow to your superior rhetorical skills. I am humbled.

• Twitch
    Twitch

lmao @ Terry

• agonus
    agonus

I'm told there are many people who choose not to see the number "15" in this image.

Such sad, deluded, and very, very wrong people.

• agonus
    agonus

And by the way, if you can't shpoink the number thirtyteen in the above shpoinkagram, then there's really no hope for you. I've evolved beyond you. I win. You lose. Get over it.

:P

• agonus
    agonus

Mmm... Terry's encyclopaedic knowledge... My sprunger is throbbing!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit