Evidence! How did you come to know reality?

by zannahdoll 120 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Oh, I will agree that unverified PERCEPTION of reality is subjective, but we have measuring and recording devices to clear that up :)

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Zannah, your whole argument is a strawman. There may be other fallacies present, but I'm not too inclined to look for them at the moment. While I find your premise intriguing, the conclusion does not fit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epistemology

• agonus
    agonus

MY proof?

When even academic know-it-alls like Steven Pinker admit when questioned about the mystery of the genesis of human consciousness, "beats the heck out of me."

Has ANYBODY been able to satisfactorily explain the phenomenon of dreaming?

• agonus
    agonus

NVL,

How developed is your sense of shpoink?

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

When even academic know-it-alls like Steven Pinker admit when questioned about the mystery of the genesis of human consciousness, "beats the heck out of me."

So? No knowing one thing (specifically the genesis and subsequent evolution of human consciousness) doesn't equte to proof of the subjectiveness of reality. There's no connecting argument or demonstration of how a lack of knowledge about a process is proof or evidence of the other thing.

Has ANYBODY been able to satisfactorily explain the phenomenon of dreaming?

So....see my above points. Also, use of loaded words like "satisfactorily" should be avoided. You could have an explanation that satisfies 99% of the population and is demonstrable, repeatable, works and there will ALWAYS be someone that doesn't like the answer. FOr instance, people that beleive the moon landings were faked.

How developed is your sense of shpoink?

I don't care how much scotch you buy me, the pants stay on ;)

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More
    Evidence for God in its most genuine sense is God's active force.

This resonates with me. Can't believe I am agreeing with AIW...

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

This resonates with me. Can't believe I am agreeing with AIW...

What can that force do that I can measure? Can it cook my breakfast? Bend a spoon? Keep me from falling when I trip?

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

notverylikely: it gives me sentience, or so I believe!

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

notverylikely: it gives me sentience, or so I believe!

So self aware animals have god spirit?

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

"I" can't speak for all self-aware animals; only "my self"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit