To the Household of God, Israel, and those who go with...

by AGuest 64 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

... may you all have peace!

There's been such a lot of "ruckus" on the Board lately (well, not a lot in comparison to the entire board, but a lot for some of us - LOLOLOL!) that I wanted to give you all something that might help you feel a little "lighter"... and remind you of who you are. I recieved the following email from a dear one this afternoon and have decided to share it... mostly because of how it made ME feel... but also because of how I think it will make YOU feel. It was entitled "At Lunch":

"At lunch, I almost lost it. Went to go get a quick hamburger at McDonald's. One of the street people (homeless) whom I see often asked me for some food 'cause he was hungry. I said come on in with me and you can order what you want. He hesitated saying he can't go into McDonald's, that he's not welcome there, and that they won't serve him. I asked him: Are you hungry (like he said he was)? He said: Yes. I said: Then come in with me. You can order whatever you want. He came in with me acting very sheepishly. We got to the counter and I told him: Order whatever you'd like. The young girl behind the counter said: Huh, we can't serve him. I said: He's hungry. You're going to serve him and I'm buying it. She called for her manager because it was the manager who issued this non-service order for all the girls behind the counter. The young girl said, I'm sorry, but we can't serve him. The line behind me of quite a few men were listening and looking as though they wondered how is this going to turn out. And in the nicest, coldest, firmest, and somewhat loud, voice, I said: The man is hungry. We're going to feed him. And I'll be paying for it. I turned to the man and said, Order whatever you want. He did. They gave him his food reluctantly--but they did. I then ordered for myself, and walked away agitated. (I'm fine.) That's my lunch story."

Since most of us are in the position of the dear one that bought the lunch, I wanted to remind you that while we may indeed go through some "tribulation" in our life, it usually isn't of the kind suffered by the man who was hungry. Not to say that our tribulations aren't tough - they are, I know. Even hunger, sometimes. But even this hungry man was provided for. So, take heart - and do not be swayed from your "work"... whatever that may be, including feeding the hungry. Even if you are hungry. I bid you all the love and peace of our dear Lord and Master, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH... who is the Son and Christ the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies... you and your households... to time indefinite! YOUR servant and fellow slave of Christ, SA
  • garyneal
    garyneal

marking, be back later

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I would comment on how fine it is to help someone. I would comment that it is better to give food and be sure you are really helping rather than money that might be spent on Richard's Wild Irish Rose Wine.

I would, but this thread is "To the Household of God, Israel, and thos who go with..."

So I won't.

• cult classic
    cult classic

I swear you guys are killing me today. ROFL

• AGuest
    AGuest
    this thread is "To the Household of God, Israel, and thos who go with..." So I won't.

Yet, you opened it. Even though I titled it so that you would know you needn't do so. But, why IS that, dear OTWO (peace to you!). What IS it that you are LOOKING for?? You could have passed right on by and left us "crazy" folks to ourselves. Surely, no one with a "rational" mind would have believed it was for them, so... what's up with YOU?

I know, I know... you were just "curious." Well, you know what "they" say about "curiousity"...

Be careful, dear one, or you might find some of our "craziness" rubbing off on ya... in spite of all that intellectual "armor" you SO think you're wearing - !

Peace... and be sure to shut the door on your way out! Don't want any more "flies" buzzing around in here!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest

But if you're still around, dear OTWO (and I bet you are - )... I have to ask:

be sure you are really helping rather than money that might be spent on Richard's Wild Irish Rose Wine.

Should it matter to me what the money is spent on? Isn't that between the one, his/her spouse/parent/the law/God? Isn't THAT "judging"?

Just askin...

And peace, again!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Whoops.......... wrong room Again

Shocked 1

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

and those who go with...

I had to open the thread to see what followed that "those who go with..." part.

It could have been "those who go with a pretty woman" or "those who go with Hawaiian shirts."

• tec
    tec

Those who go with 'them'... the household of God, Israel.

I loved the story. I loved it because she did what was caring and kind, regardless of what people were thinking about her.

Tammy

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I like how she made it all about her, with lots of drama and flair, instead of just finding out what the guy (who McDonald's had sadly but justifiably banned from the premises) wanted to eat and bringing it out to him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit