To the Household of God, Israel, and those who go with...

by AGuest 64 Replies latest jw friends

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

shelby, you know that its all about you. You have your own unque style of writng. Your own particular epithets - all different from Jesus Christ too. I have no problem with you or your particular style of spirituality. You have found a way that suits you but each person needs to test their own emotional makeup to see whether or not a particular path is for them. I think an important aspect is to address medical issues that may be affecting one.

Regarding the the experience in your opening post - all we are doing here is registering skepticism in our different ways. often people hanging around macdonalds may be selling drugs - this is true in my area; they may be professional beggars - also true in my area. For example an individual will come begging and another person steals your bag while you are busy with the person begging.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Actually, my first thoughts were the same as sixofnine and twitch.

Some people help the homeless out of compassion for the homeless and some people help the homeless to bolster their own egos and feel good about themselves. The difference is often apparent in the way the person is helped. Quietly without fanfare, with regard to the person's dignity, or loudly, making sure everyone knows "I" am helping this "poor" person, regardless of how embarrassing it might be to the person to put the spotlight on their situation.

My son is manager at a Mcdonalds in an area full of homeless drug addicts. Many are banned form the lobby and for very good reasons! Assault, harrassment, stealing, vandalism, drugs in the bathroom, sex in the bathroom. They still hang around outside though. That customer was out of line, imo. He has no right to usurp the restaurant's policy when he doesn't know why they made it. If he was that concerned about feeding the man, he could have gone in, got his meal quietly, and brought it to him outside in a to go bag. He was looking to make a loud statement about himself, imo.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Am I right in saying that the person never intended that but was just working out his own salvation. He didn't do it to prove a point.

You are correct, dear Noblelodge... and the greatest of love and peace to you! And I am almost sorry that I posted it. He will be devastated by the comments when he reads it, if he hasn't ready. He just couldn't believe that they were so hung up on not service the poor hungry that they initially weren't even going to let him buy a meal. He was... incredulous... and it disturbed him SO much... that he had to go to the "heights" he did to get the poor man a hamburger... that he shared it with me as a way to vent. That's it; that's all. I thought, however, with all of the ruckus some of us have been getting lately, it might serve as a uplift. My bad - I should have known better. But I have to admit that I was surprised. I mean, I know some folks here are mean and hateful... but good golly - I really did NOT see that coming. Truly.

To the dear one whose experience I shared... I am truly, TRULY sorry and I apolgize with all of my heart. I did NOT mean to take your kind gesture and let people have at it in such a way. I even titled my thread in a way I thought would deter certain ones... that they wouldn't want to hear what I had to say and so would just ignore. I cannot apologize enough and I truly hope that you do not take great offense... but just let it go and forgive them. The same way you did those young ladies today.

shelby, you know that its all about you.

Sigh...

You have your own unque style of writng. Your own particular epithets - all different from Jesus Christ too.

Sigh...

I have no problem with you or your particular style of spirituality.

Double sigh...

You have found a way that suits you but each person needs to test their own emotional makeup to see whether or not a particular path is for them.

Each person... except me and those like me, I gather...

I think an important aspect is to address medical issues that may be affecting one.

You know, at this point I have to agree. I think there are some posters on this board that just may well benefit from some counseling. Because what's inside them is pretty dark. Very dark...

Regarding the the experience in your opening post - all we are doing here is registering skepticism in our different ways.

I have no problem with skepticism, dear QL (peace to you) and if you've read my posts... ever... you would know that. I just cannot fathom how anyone could find wrong in this account. Skepticism aside. WHERE is the wrong? There was none. And so you know what the "skeptics" did? Exactly what their teachers taught them: created some. Out of thin air. JUST like the JWs they talk about who turn a GOOD thing into BAD ("one of my relatives gave blood to save his son who was in a bad accident"... "He DID? Ooooh, you know your uncle is a DEMON and the ONLY reason he gave blood is because he wanted someone to think he cared about his son, but if he REALLY cared he would have let him die and then be resurrected in the New System"... "Wait, who said it was my uncle??" "Oh, sure it was your uncle because we all know HE'S apostate"...)

B.S. Period.

often people hanging around macdonalds may be selling drugs - this is true in my area;

Often. Apparently, that was not the case TODAY... and, I may be wrong, but I don't think it occurred in your area...

they may be professional beggars - also true in my area.

They may be. However, is it for YOU... or anyone else... to tell another how to spend THEIR money? If one CHOOSES to help another... with THEIR money... what business is it of yours... or ANY skeptic? What business is it of yours that someone spends THEIR money to help another... or that the one helped is on drugs... a professional beggar... a drunk... or what have you? This wasn't a "Hey, ya'll, what do YOU think, should he or shouldn't he have," thread.

For example an individual will come begging and another person steals your bag while you are busy with the person begging.

Well, I am SURE that happens... in your area, certainly. But in all of my 50+ years... it has NEVER happened to me. However, there was a time in MY life... when I was a young single mother... when I was one meal away from begging myself. So, who am I to judge? And who the heck are YOU folks??

I have to go. My spirit isn't feeling very "kind" right now... and I don't want to lose my love... or "sin" with my heart/mind/tongue... or fingers.

Good night, dear QL, and peace to you. No, more than that... may the underserved kindness and mercy of my God and Heavenly Father, the Most Holy One of Israel, whose name is JAH... of Armies... and the love and peace of His Son and Christ, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit, my Lord, Master, and King, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, be upon you... and your entire household... to time indefinite. May they bless... and keep... your entire household so that no one among you will ever have to find out what it feels like to be hungry... or unrighteously judged... when you are.

YOUR servant... and a pretty tired, right now (Lord, please... give me strength) slave of Christ,

SA

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

shelby I can see that you live your experience. But at the same time why do others need to be seen as bad, dark, etc and in such loaded language? Let us live our experience whatever that may be - dark, disorderly whatever.

As for Skepticism - it is just that, skepticism. Why does it have to do with right or wrong?

• CandleLight
    CandleLight

Shelby,

Thanks for sharing the story, I found it encouraging to read.

As for the judging of motive or actions... who are we to judge our brother, who was trying to feed another. Before his master he will stand, and will be able to tell his lord, that the man was hungry, and he gave him food to eat.

When we do good deeds, and we receive acknowlegement from others, than our reward was on earth. When we do good deeds that no one sees, we are storing treasures in heaven, and it is a greater reward.

Be blessed

Love

CL

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Yeah Twitch, why you gotta be such a hater

But seriously, it's nice that a homeless guy got a hamburger, but this probably happens a hundred times a day in America, and most people don't make a big deal out of ruining some McDonalds employees afternoon to do it. Most people don't try to affect a white knight attitude about it and aggrandize themselves on the net with a charitable-crusader vs evil-McDonald's story, they just do it.

The point is to get the hungry guy some food right? So get him some food in the kindest way possible and leave yourself out of it.

Ego, ego ego.

Yeah, it's possible someone has been banned from a retail establishment in some unfortunate, unjust mistake. Possible, but unlikely. Usually, there is a good reason. This story made no mention of the reason.

• donuthole
    donuthole

I think I would rather make the mistake of giving a homeless man money for drugs/booze than to deprive a hungry man of some food. To each his own - as the saying goes.

• tec
    tec

Shelby, I understood that the story was not about you. Someone said 'she', and I just assumed I missed that the person in the story was a woman, and ran with it. The person in the story did not aggrandize themselves on the net or attempt to say evil McDonalds - or even boast about what they did. WE don't even know who the person in the story is. Shelby explained exactly why she was e-mailed about it and why she then shared the story with us.

To be uplifting. Which it was... and still is. Just the attack on a good deed is not.

Twitch got it.

Tammy

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

In our own shallow way, we tend to see our problems as truly major ones, yet, how many of us are homeless? have no food and don't knwo where the next meal will come?

How many of us go to bed with the cries of oiur children in our ears because they have no food and the hunger pains are unbearable?

How many of us wake up on the street next to a loved one that died in the night?

How many of us KNOW what it is like to have NOTHING, not little, nothing at all?

How many of us live on the charity of strangers, with out them we would be dead?

We are truly blessed to have our insignificant problems seem significant.

Trials and Tribulations? adversity?

Really? you think so?

Think again and realise hwo much you truly have.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    at the same time why do others need to be seen as bad, dark, etc and in such loaded language?

I did not use the word "bad" at all, dear QL. I did use darkness... because that is what it is. In the old days, such people were called "black-hearted." Because of the darkness IN them. And it was they who revealed what was in them... or the account did. Either way, there appears to be some pretty "white-washed graves" running around here and that "loaded languaged" is what issued forth from them.

Greetings, dear, dear tec... and peace to you! Yes, I believe dear Twitch got it, which is why I wanted to send him peace - we all make hasty judgments from time to time and I didn't want him to think his error was unforgivable. It was not, not at all... and I am glad he got it! Also, I understand why you used "she". I know you didn't start it - LOLOLOLOL!

Dear Candlelight, Donuthole, and PSacto (and tec)... may our heavenly Father continue to bless YOU... and your households. True, our blessings may not be of the kind of riches that this world offers... but they are worth far more, aren't they, than even the finest of the worlds gems? I am just sad for those are so... hardened... so... LOST... so EMPTY inside... those who have had what little love they MAY have possessed so stripped away (by what they learned from the Borg)... that they couldn't just say, "Yeah, well, someone got fed, big deal"... if that's how they felt.

No, it was sad to me that they felt, for some reason (their utter discord for ME) they had to take it to another level, an entirely unnecessary one... and ridicule something that was rooted in GOOD. And are STILL doing it. Even now, Six (no, you are not dear to me, right now - maybe later, but not right now)... is trying to justify his... very poor heart. Even now. You'd think he'd say to himself, "Well, okay, to each his own and I'll leave those self-serving so-callled do-gooders to themselves... even though I don't believe their motive." But, no, he HAS to comment... to try and make himself look "right" in this... and all he is doing is showing how SO like the very people HE claims to despise... the members of the WTBTS... HE is.

He is a sad, sad... "little" man... he and those like him... and I truly feel sorry for him. Because he is one of those who, although CLAIMING to "see"... is still oh, so blind. SO blind. And to be pitied. And so, I do pity him.

A slave of Christ,

SA, for whom this was one of the saddest things she's seen since leaving the Borg. The pedophilia and familial breakups are the only thing that surpasses it in sadness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit