To the Household of God, Israel, and those who go with...

by AGuest 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Twitch
    Twitch

Well, can't dispute that reasoning :) I just love being analytical, perhaps to a fault. And of course you're right about kindness, which is not exclusive to christians btw.

• tec
    tec

... which is not exclusive to christians btw

I can't dispute that either :)

Tammy

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Shelby,

Greetings, dear Twitch... and peace to you.

If any of that was directed at me, I'm sorry you feel that way.

No, I'm sorry you felt the way you did (I refer to your first response)...

though I have differing opinions and beliefs,

You absolutely do; however, this post wasn't about either of our differing beliefs. It was about a good deed, someone willing to stand up and do it, in spite of "how" he might "look" to others. The man was hungry. And, true, maybe he was a "nuisance" such that McDonald's felt he fell under the "right to refuse service" label. But good golly, the man was hungry and another was trying to buy him a meal. I don't think the dear who tried to buy him that meal meant to make a ruckus - I think he was absolutely taken aback that they wouldn't even let HIM buy the guy a meal. I mean, okay, you got your rules... but what about MERCY? Obviously, the young ladies don't know much about that. May they... or their children... or grandchildren... not find themselves in a simiarl situation one day.

I've as much right to voice them as you do

You do. And had that opinion been, "Well, they should have/shouldn't have fed him/served him" or whatever, that would have been a valid opinion. What you... and some others... posted, however, crossed the line of opinion. Indeed, you not only crossed... but jumped. All the way to the wrong conclusion about a perfectly harmless and well-meaning act... by a perfectly harmless and well-meaning person... who wasn't me, contrary to popular belief.

Were you ever a baptised Jehovahs Witness (tm) Shelby?

I was, dear WMF (peace to you!)... for 16 years.

Dearest tec, as always, the greatest of love and peace to you!

Dear ones, this wasn't about the one doing good (who wasn't me - sigh!) "bragging" about it. He related the story because, if you knew this person you would be amazed. NOT at the help he offered... but that he got riled. This person is about one of the quietest, meekest people I know. And I guess the event shook him SO much... he had to share it with someone. Me. And knowing him, I was impressed... because he stood his ground... on behalf of another, one who wasn't "accepted"... for whatever reason. I don't know why, and neither did he, apparently. But the situation shook him up. And he told me about it in order to vent... not to brag.

I, on the other hand... felt good after reading it. For him... for the man... for those watching (who might find the courage to do something similar at some later point)... and for those girls, who obviously had never seen someone do that for someone "like" the hungry man. Good... all around. And I though, what a lovely thing to share. Obviously, for some of you... I couldn't have been more wrong. Rather than say, okay, this isn't about Shelby AND it's good deed... AND a hungry man got fed... you weeped and gnashed your dirty teeth. JUST like the WTBTS elders... when you tell THEM of a good deed... that didn't have "WTBTS" written all over it.

I feel sad for you, truly. Really. Sad that whatever happened to you in LIFE... you cannot overcome it and MOVE on. That is quite a heavy burden, IMHO... and I am truly sorry that you feel you must still carry it. Because you don't have to. There really is One upon whom you can throw ALL ofyour burdens... including your chagrin at your parents... or children... or other loved ones who've "betrayed" you... for whatever reason... including any time wasted "in" the WTBTS... as well as your anger, bitterness, and loathing of the WTBTS and its leaders.

Because those are the ones you are truly mad at; not me and not those here who profess a union with Christ. Including those who hear his voice. You're not mad at us... but you are allowing yourselves to be used... by taking all of your anger and bitterness out on us. For no reason... and the responses to this post proves it. You CAN "let ALL anger" go, however... if you only choose to. And where you can't... where you're just unable... you CAN hand it over the Holy One of Israel, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH. Because he WILL take it... your pain. In exchange, YOU can take HIS yoke and HIS load... which is simply LOVING God... your brother... your neighbor... strangers (as this dear one did here)... your enemies... and most of all... yourself. Which is the greatest lack I see here.

I bid you peace... and pray that neither you nor your children... nor your children's children... ever have to be told that someone can't feed them should they actually need someone to do so.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Let's imagine we were the hungry man in the story? We wouldnt care how or who was helping us to have food surely? We'd just be thankful to have some. Is there no empathy on here from some posters now?

Loz x

• Twitch
    Twitch

You know, it's usually kinda fun playing devil's advocate; obviously I chose the wrong subject this time. Damn u Six, lol. Ok, where's my sackcloth again?

• AGuest
    AGuest

"Apology" absolutely accepted, dear Twitch... on my behalf and the dear one whose account this was, I'm sure (but he may end up speaking for himself, so I can't truly say)... but, please, remove your sackcloth and come on out of the ashes - I am sure I have offended others in some, if not the same, way... and will most probably do so again before I put off my flesh. So, no worries, truly - all is well.

The greatest of love and peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Lozhasleft: "Let's imagine we were the hungry man in the story? We wouldnt care how or who was helping us to have food surely? We'd just be thankful to have some."

At the PRICE of being made a public spectacle, and the public embarrassment he must have suffered to get a morsel.

Hamburger $2.00

Being Humiliated, degraded, ridiculed ...no charge

Being Mother Theresa's poster child ....priceless

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

tec: "But what I am saying is that I don't understand how anyone can attack a good deed, simply because the good deed wasn't done in the way they think is right. "

How about the way that Jesus said was the right way?"

LET YOUR GOOD BE DONE IN SECRET.

This man was honking his horn making a circus of the poor guy. Personally, I think it was an action to edify the "giver".

I suppose you think it's also good when "the poor" are invited for a big Thanksgiving Charity Bash, only to arrive and find TV cameras in their face. Yep, those charities aren't going to do anything if they can't get some mileage out of it for themselves. It makes all the difference in fundraising. They throw the dogs a crumb and then use them for publicity.

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

Hi Shelby, thanks for sharing.

It started out as an act of love and kindness yet ended up as a lesson for many. Am I right in saying that the person never intended that but was just working out his own salvation. He didn't do it to prove a point.

Phew by the way it can get a bit heavy on this board. lol

• wobble
    wobble

When I read the account, my immediate thought was :

"This person is truly following the teaching and example of Christ"

having read the above posts, I still go with that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit