Adam and Eve and free will

by inbetween 125 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• seawolf
    seawolf

I agree it makes no sense. If you told a 15 year-old not to eat something and that he or she will die if the food is eaten, then it's a good bet that they won't. Add to that we're supposedly the MOST IMPERFECT line of people, being so far from Adam and Eve. With that in mind, Adam and Eve were PERFECT. So how could she be 'deceived' by a talking snake??? Were talking animals common then? Are there any women here that care to admit that if the Geico gecko came up to them and started talking that they'd believe what it says? Maybe I just have a different idea of 'perfect'

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I look to Christ to understand God.

Too bad for the people who lived before Christ...

-Sab

• tec
    tec

Maybe its just me not remembering, but could someone please show me the scripture that says Adam and Eve were created perfect?

Thanks,

Tammy

• tec
    tec

Awesome! Show me the scripture that says spritual death...

The account doesn't say physical or spiritual death. But I can show you the scriptures (and have shown you them) where Jesus talked about spiritual life and death - that you could be physically alive and still spiritually dead.

Tammy

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Awesome! Show me the scripture that says spritual death...

Well, my dear Tammy, I never said they were, but you still have THIS question on your plate from me ... "Awesome! Show me the scripture that says spritual death..."

• tec
    tec

too slow :)

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

But I can show you the scriptures (and have shown you them) where Jesus talked about spiritual life and death - that you could be physically alive and still spiritually dead.

Oooops, looks like we simulposted! I knew we were tight like that, kid :)

So, those scriptures never said ANYTHING about Adam and Eve. Extending it out to them is wishful thinking or conjecture.

Adressing your question, however, Paul DID say that through Adam sin and death entered into the world. Granted, that doesn't ever say he was perfect, but that's what the JW's and some (not me) use to suggest he and Eve were perfect prior to the sin. I don't read that into what he said, but some do.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

too slow :)

*sigh*....you suck, Tammy :)

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"Maybe its just me not remembering, but could someone please show me the scripture that says Adam and Eve were created perfect?

Thanks,

Tammy"

The Bible speaks of human perfection on numerous occasions. Why would the perfect man Jesus be a corresponding ransom for a man created imperfect?

For we all stumble many times. If anyone does not stumble in word, this one is a perfect man, able to bridle also [his] whole body. James 3:2

For such a high priest as this was suitable for us, loyal, guileless, undefiled, separated from the sinners, and become higher than the heavens. Hebrews 7:26

This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, whose will is that all sorts of men should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all—[this is] what is to be witnessed to at its own particular times. For the purpose of this witness I was appointed a preacher and an apostle—I am telling the truth, I am not lying—a teacher of nations in the matter of faith and truth. 1 Timothy 2:3-7

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

For we all stumble many times. If anyone does not stumble in word, this one is a perfect man, able to bridle also [his] whole body. James 3:2

That says we all stumble. It doesn't say anything about Jesus.

For such a high priest as this was suitable for us, loyal, guileless, undefiled, separated from the sinners, and become higher than the heavens. Hebrews 7:26

Never mentions the word perfection or ransom.

one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all

That says he was a ransom for all, not an equal ransom for Adam in perfection.

Try again?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit