Adam and Eve and free will

by inbetween 125 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Sure. You and PSac saying it means things it doesn't say is my point of reference and tactic permission for me to add in whatever parts I want that aren't there.

How long were you a JW for,may I ask?

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Spiritual and physical death are both spoken of in the bible - so it is not 'out there' to apply one where the other doesn't make sense.

Huh? Jesus, Paul and God were always clear when they meant one or the other. God maybe meant the Isrealites were the spiritually kill their enemies? Clearly not. Maybe they were supposed to metaphorically sprinkle the blood of sacrifices on the altar? Clearly not.

If everything was understood right, then why did Jesus have to come and find the lost sheep that the Pharisees and scribes and teachers were abusing?

Dear Tec, Jesus said the Pharisees and the behavior of the Jews was wrong, not that old scriptures were wrong. He never said that story was wrong. Conjecture and wishful thinking again, my dear. Jesus was very clear about what was wrong and he never mentioned that story.

Just curious as to why its so hard to even consider?

It's not hard to consider, it's just that there is zero evidence for it and saying that's what he meant is wishful thinking. He spoke of the days of Noah and the flood as a literal event as well, remember.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

How long were you a JW for,may I ask?

Just long enough to learn to not ask irrelevant questions about other people business :)

• sabastious
    sabastious
    If everything was understood right, then why did Jesus have to come and find the lost sheep that the Pharisees and scribes and teachers were abusing?

THIS can't even be verified with evidence, that Jesus even came in the manner he did in the Bible... It's hard for me to accept Jesus as an argument for any alleged contridictions in the Bible because it is essentially using one part of the Bible to prove another part.

-Sab

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Just long enough to learn to not ask irrelevant questions about other people business :)

I see, ok, that is a valid reply and I respect that.

I apolgise if It asked something that was none of my business.

• sabastious
    sabastious

His first one this thread if I have read your responses correctly.

-Sab

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    His first one this thread if I have read your responses correctly.

Not sure what you mean... I respect all that NVL has said and believes, even if I don't agree with him.

I respect everyones position on what they believe, just as I ask that they respect mine, they don't have to believe or even agree, just respect.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I apolgise if It asked something that was none of my business.

No worries man, I was smiling a little when I wrote that. No offense given, none taken.

I respect everyones position on what they believe, just as I ask that they respect mine, they don't have to believe or even agree, just respect.

Bingo.

• sabastious
    sabastious

PS you respect his replies but the word valid was what I was targetting. I have not seen much acceptance of the validity of anything highly critical of the Adam and Eve story on your end in this thread.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

Do you believe that this story deserves such high scrutiny?

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit