Sex before marriage. feeling guilty

by frigginconfused 77 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

FC, i don't think you need advice from anyone

on this, i think you have it already handled

• tec
    tec

I agree with Wasblind. I think you've got this handled too. I'm glad you talked to the woman. Darth, I was impressed with that piece of advice! I'm glad you're taking it seriously and are considering the spiritual aspect as well.

Knowing and believing as I do now, I would consider the act itself to be binding. The act that you're talking about anyway - because your emotions are involved. I think you should listen to your conscience (and I think you are) keeping in mind that some of the 'guilt' is WT influence, and at the same time I would try not to overcompensate for that.

I would personally advise you to ignore the advice 'grow up'. I love your sincerity and your honesty and the respect you're showing this woman and yourself.

Tammy

• asilentone
    asilentone

I have not read all of the comments yet. Get off the guilt train.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

Go get laid. What's the worst thing that can happen?

• dudeson
    dudeson

As the image above so clearly illustrates, you WILL be hit by lightning upon insertion.

Seriously.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hahahaha *laughing at Alice*

What a screwy chick you are.

The topic subject got me thinking "When was the last time I felt guilty about having sex while not married?"

Hm, when I was 18. Since then I've been married twice and lived with my hubby for a year before I married him. Still don't feel guilty.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    It will cloud my judgement and hers to see if we are good marriage mates. She will fall in love too fast from getting that involved and I will overlook things I might not if I wasnt clouded

That's your brain talking to you. Don't let other parts of the anatomy drown it out. You've correctly identified a genuine risk, and can make the right choice on that basis. Your're not as confused as you thought you were!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Why would you even want to obey a god (as in Jehovah) that would have you lose this opportunity and go on to grow old and die celibate? And for what? I say that, if Jehovah wants this for you, it's time to start giving him the well-deserved slaps in the face. Otherwise, he will ensure you will grow old and die celibate and stagnate--with no guarantee of salvation.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

You seem to know what you're doing. I just have to say to finally-free, you cracked me up again! And Dudeson, I love your comment on Alice's post.

• Scully
    Scully

"Fornication" is a totally made up construct. Its only function is to instill guilt, anxiety and self-doubt with regard to private sexual matters between consenting adults, for the sole benefit of those whose job it is to reinforce guilt, anxiety and self-doubt on behalf of a religious organization.

When a religious organization has the ability to control a person's decision-making around what is supposed to be one of the most natural and beautiful expressions between consenting individuals, they can control any other aspect of that person's life. Remember that. In other words, if they can get you to control your pecker, they can control your mind, your associations, your finances, and any other choices in your life that ought to be your choices alone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit