JW's came to the door

by pr0ner 50 Replies latest jw friends

• pr0ner
    pr0ner

Ha I love it when they come to the door. Two dub females came to the door. One of them seemed pretty intelligent and down to the earth. The other one was well quite frankly a disaster. Firstly she pulled out a English WT and a Spanish Awake and was about to hand them to me. Not sure what I could do with the Spanish Awake but I stopped her. She was trying to place a WT about what JWs believe. I told her I knew all to well who they were and what they believed. So she asked and I told her that while their individual members probably have good hearts they kind of just ambush people and quickly throw scriptures at them with out giving them time to think or actually debate.

Immediately I was asked if I had studied with JWs. lol I wasn't born yesterday so I told them, "no but I've done religious studies and one of the groups I focused on were Jehovah's Witnesses". She then asked if she could read me a scripture. So I obliged. Well she went to Romans, then before I could even say anything she tried to jump to some scripture in Luke or something. So I stopped her right there and said, "see you just tried to throw a scripture on before we could even discuss the scripture in Romans". So I basically derailed her which she was none too pleased about. Anyways I kept derailing most of their arguments.

This of course led to them leaving on the basis that I was being hostile. Even though she was being very rude to me by trying to over talk me and accuse me judging. How surprising. Her partner who was much younger and cute I might add seemed to be a little bit embarrassed by her. So she would chime in and try to calm her down. She is supposed to be coming again probably on Saturday morning to "discuss" things. If she even comes. She told me to read John 6:44 and think about it. lolz.

I also got to try one of the things I've thought about recently. Which is I asked, "can you 100% without a doubt say that if I join your religion I will be saved?". She then started back peddling and trying to avoid. So I asked again, to which her friend chimed in and said, "well of course not we can't judge your heart". So then I quickly said, " then why are you here? What reason do I have to join your religion?". The young one just had no answer at all and the older one brought up the, "look we are not here to argue with you". To which I said, "excuse me you came to my door. I didn't come to yours. You came here trying to convince me that YOU are right and I am wrong. So by default you did come here to argue". Again that kind of stopped her in her tracks and she had to go on to another point.

I really think the younger one might have been a little bad or something cause had a smirk on her face like she was happy I was putting this older woman in her place when it came to bible stuff. It was all too easy as the older one wasn't too smart and was even making up her own words.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

You done good! DERAIL - excellent! Will be my new tactic as well...

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

It was all too easy as the older one wasn't too smart and was even making up her own words.

Did she say "oooh roscoepcoltraine!"? Because she didn't make that up.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Reverse psychology , I like it.

One thing you can do that would really make a JW head spin is show by the WTS. own literature

how commercially false they are about their doctrines. They are completely indoctrinated with end time prophecies

when you pick their supposed dates such as 1914 they nervously back off and crumble.

Its a disingenuous book publishing cult that programs people what to think and how to think all pretentiously

set as if they were being spiritually guided .

• cantleave
    cantleave

Great work. I hope she does come back, so you can update us.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

It was all too easy as the older one wasn't too smart and was even making up her own words.

You did a great job 'refudiating' her arguments. :)

"no but I've done religious studies and one of the groups I focused on were Jehovah's Witnesses

I'm going to use this line/thought if you don't mind.

• looloo
    looloo

nice one i liked the one about the young sister smirking !

• Heaven
    Heaven

I asked, "can you 100% without a doubt say that if I join your religion I will be saved?". She then started back peddling and trying to avoid. So I asked again, to which her friend chimed in and said, "well of course not we can't judge your heart". So then I quickly said, " then why are you here? What reason do I have to join your religion?". The young one just had no answer at all and the older one brought up the, "look we are not here to argue with you". To which I said, "excuse me you came to my door. I didn't come to yours. You came here trying to convince me that YOU are right and I am wrong. So by default you did come here to argue". Again that kind of stopped her in her tracks and she had to go on to another point.

Classic! You nailed this one.

This is one of my biggest issues with any religion claiming they are the only 'true' one.

Regarding the WTS and JWs, no where in the Bible does it say handing out Watchtower and Awake! magazines ensures your eternal life. My Mom tried this one on me when I was a kid so I checked out the Bible. It simply isn't there. So if it's not guaranteed, why join? There is absolutely no point.

• Open mind
    Open mind

I loved your response to "We didn't come here to argue"!

Good job.

om

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I also got to try one of the things I've thought about recently. Which is I asked, "can you 100% without a doubt say that if I join your religion I will be saved?". She then started back peddling and trying to avoid. So I asked again, to which her friend chimed in and said, "well of course not we can't judge your heart". So then I quickly said, " then why are you here? What reason do I have to join your religion?"

LOLOL! You did good!

Her partner who was much younger and cute I might add seemed to be a little bit embarrassed by her. So she would chime in and try to calm her down. ...

... I really think the younger one might have been a little bad or something cause had a smirk on her face like she was happy I was putting this older woman in her place when it came to bible stuff. It was all too easy as the older one wasn't too smart and was even making up her own words.

You never know what's going on in this younger lady's head!

It reminds me of the situations I got into (when I was young and green) with an older JW 'sister' who had known me from year dot. She was a very overbearing know-it-all who would interrupt and talk over me when it was MY turn. Real annoying, but I was too in awe of her to make an issue of it. It thrilled me no end when householders stumped her or got the better of her. I tried to intervene between her and the householder too sometimes to smooth things over. One time (and I was still a young, wide-eyed, loyal dubbie), there was this guy who went on and on about Beth Sarim. She puffed out her feathers and said he was talking garbage. I turned to her (in front of him) and said he was correct, that what he described really did happen, that it was a matter of historical WT record. She was almost clucking like a bewildered chicken trying to save face. Priceless.

And look what happened to me years later! So you never know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit