JW's came to the door

by pr0ner 50 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious

Holy sh*t eggnog, that is a WALL of text.

-Sab

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Who knows, @wasblind? Sister Odd and Sister Nice could well make that return visit. Why do you need a return visit? Have you been considering making a return to God's organization or what? "

Maybe, if they came back with the actual "TRUTH " they are not coming back, the real truth don't run !!!!!!! make it so bad they are running

from their own works (literature)

• moshe
    moshe

I miss a good scrap with JWs- You get to kick them in the spiritual arse. It just doesn't last very long, as they usually take off after the first kick.

Good job- especially , telling them they came to argue by default.

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

Thanks for posting your story pr0ner :)

I love reading those type of 'experiences' at the doors.

Well handled, hopefully that younger sis will wake up in the future.

When I left the JWs, I felt liberated, I didn't have to listen to long boring fairy tales of them having the truth and the long round about way they would use 67 scriptures to prove one point. Now I'm here on this forum and I see some JW type so much they might as well write a novel from one post. They can call it: "Millions of words now that never end (die)"

• finding my way
    finding my way

It's amazing. no one has EVER come to my door.

I hope that I'll have the patience to deal with their bouncing from point to point if that time comes.

• steve2
    steve2

Modern-day JWs are such limp-wristed pushovers; they fumble through the Bible like bumbling fools.

Where are the fearsome, old-timer JWs who would fiercely lock horns with a flailing householder and slowly wear her down? Guess they're all dead now; waiting for the system to end is an ageing business.

Say what you like about those old-timers: They thoroughly knew their stuff and held to it with brutal force. None of this feeble, "We didn't come here to argue with you..." Imagine if Judge Rutherford ever heard that kind of puffery from any of the rank and file!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Thankyou eggnob

Oh crap, i just cant put into words what your post did to me.

oz

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

@ eggnog.

Did she [do good]?

Yes s/he did. And the older lady apparently knew that 'joining a religion,' even if it is supposed to be the 'right' one, will not guarantee salvation - hence her hesitation to answer directly.

Meaning what? That she might have become stumbled over the way in which the older woman (Sister Odd) conducted herself at @pr0ner's home? I don't believe so, but I'm wondering what it is you mean.

Meaning, you never know what's going on in the younger lady's head for her to smile like that.

Why were you thrilled when a householder "stumped" this "older JW sister 'sister'"? Were you and this sister at odds with one another for some reason so that you were looking for circumstances to arise that would make her more humble or what? Although you were "young and green," as you describe yourself as being, why didn't you help the sister instead of seeming to take sides against her with the householder "to smooth things over"?

If you remember, I said she was a very overbearing know-it-all. Therefore, she got people's backs up - including householders' sometimes. It was thrilling to see her taken down a peg or two by someone who knew his stuff. And I've always been one to side with 'the facts' - no matter where they come from. The householder was correct; and the JW, in this instance, was arrogant in her ignorance which was giving a 'bad witness.'

This situation you describe here must have been rather uncomfortable for this older sister to have found herself, so what exactly did you say to this interested person about Beth Sarim that was all a part matter of the "historical WT record" ... From what as to this Beth Sarim topic did this sister to whom you are referring here dissent from and so need to save face??

No, the householder brought up the subject and my older JW partner was even vehemently denying that there ever was a Beth Sarim, let alone any of the story surrounding it.

What was it that happened to you "years later"?

Quite simply, I woke up.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You did good.

A couple of simple rules of engagement for if they come back again. I don't think you broke them already, i just want you to be aware of the tactics.

Try not to tell them anything as they are trained to not listen. They are trained to teach, so pose what you want to say as a question and ask in such a way that they want to answer you.

Aim your question at the weak link, usually the younger one.

A) Watch out when they want to change the subject. When they do this, you have the right subject. Do not be distracted. Accuse them of distracting you from your question. Guilt, guilt, guilt.

B) They will often discuss a very closely related subject without actually answering your question. Goto A)

Have fun with them, or go fishing. Fishing is more fun.

Cheers

Chris

• wasblind
    wasblind

"Where are the fearsome, old-timer JWs who would fiercely lock horns"

Don't know, But i'm ready for 'em. The internet is the gun and the info

on the ex JW sites are the bullets, That gun (the internet) is loaded

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit