Is My Co-worker a JW?

by White Dove 41 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

I was hired in April of this year and he was hired in about October of last year. He's got seniority.

He has more skills than I do and is used for more things than I.

He just turned 35 and I will turn 42 in a couple of months. I am about 7 years older.

Here is something else that I've noticed about his work behavior: I was hired to do specific jobs around the place. He not only does his own jobs but some of mine, as well, leaving me looking for things to do when it's slow.

I feel almost obsolete around him as he's working even harder to do some of my stuff, too.

Did I encroach on "his turf?" Jealousy happening here? Hmmm...

I also got a special mention of thanks for being "awesome" doing my job.

Might he feel threatened by my industriousness on the job?

• ziddina
    ziddina

"Might he feel threatened by my industriousness on the job?...."

No.

Now I'm worried, especially since you mentioned that he's doing some of YOUR work as well as his own...

Sounds like he's trying to make you "obsolete"... PERMANENTLY...!!

Which would be typical of a self-righteous, arrogant, judgmental arsehole who thinks that his 'god' gives him "power" over other people...

Keep your eye on your back. Check for knives every once in a while...

Zid

• White Dove
    White Dove

Thanks, Zid. I will. I'll keep my distance and "be innocent as a dove but cautious as a serpent."

That means that I'll do my job and be professional with everyone so no one will believe any claims of wrongdoing he may come up with.

• White Dove
    White Dove

It's such a loser position for our ages that we have. How can one get to be that way over a damned teenage job?! It's insane!

Sum up: rushes ahead of me to do things I normally do.

Passive aggressive hostility and mean expressions on face.

All this over a minimum wage job!

• White Dove
    White Dove

Another idea is that he was over looked for a promotion he was up for and is so pissed off that he can't see straight.

He may be projecting his anger on the safest person since he can't do it toward anyone else.

I'm the target.

I am going to speak to the manager and see what I can do on my end to resolve or at least ease the situation.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

So now you're starting to realize that it's maybe not a JW issue.

Perhaps he just doesn't like you? Consider that.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Quil,

Do you even read other posts?

Do you treat people you work with like trash if you don't like them?

Do you make stupid ugly faces at them?

Do you take over part of their job without asking?

Do you completely shun them when they ask how you are doing today?

In short, do you behave like an asshole to people you work with?

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

This thread isn't about me but while you're asking, yes to the first question, no to the rest. Any other questions?

• White Dove
    White Dove

It's awfully serious for simply not liking me.

I've never given him reason not to.

In fact, giving a co-worker rides to work so he doesn't have to walk a mile and a half in 110+ degree heat tends to give a person reason to be and act grateful.

I don't believe he's ever thanked me for a ride, either, or I've never heard him say it.

It's a deeper issue that is affecting our working relationship and needs to be addressed and solved.

I'm going to speak with the manager and see what I can do from my end.

The fact that he goes all normal on me when I ask about job related duties and how to do them gave me reason to wonder if he's a JW, considering the JW policy of only work related communication with those who leave.

No, I'm not obsessing about things JW.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I spoke with my co-worker for the second time, and he again said that everything is fine. Then, I told him that he WILL let me know if it's not, right? Yes! Okay, because I want to be okay with everyone.

I'm going to let it go and take his word for it for right now. I'm no squealer, so if I talk to a boss it's going to be for something that I'm sure about.

I like to handle my own business without airing the laundry, so to speak.

We'll see how it goes. I'll just keep being nice like normal and act as if he's not doing anything out of the ordinary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit