Is My Co-worker a JW?

by White Dove 41 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

Quill,

You are the one who accused me of being a drama queen on my other thread when I'm not. I do not have a crush on this guy but rather am sensitive to hostility when working in close proximity to the person. No crushes. I'm too old for that foolishness, anyway.

How would you feel if someone did the same things to you after being so nice to give him a ride to work when you start at the same time?

I'm worried about bringing up religion on the clock and that is the only time now that I will see him. I don't want to commit a work faux pas.

I have no idea if my work mates talk about religion or even ask each other about theirs on the job. I'm being discrete about it.

Really, you come across as someone who never meets or has ever dealt with weirdos.

Every weirdo is different and presents a different set of stupidity, so when I don't know or am not sure what to think or do about it, I post it here to get ideas so as to form my plan on how to deal with it.

You must be so blessed in not ever meeting enigmatic people or always knowing how to deal with them.

My job requires me to smile as much as a flight attendant, so in order to be able to keep that up, I need to keep the WTF feelings to a minimum.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I live in Phoenix, if that helps to explain why in just 4 months I meet 2 weirdos with apparent issues out the wazoo.

Quill,

Have you ever been shunned? It makes a huge difference when you have to work closely with the person almost every day. Shunned every day. Think about it.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky
    Quill,

You are the one who accused me of being a drama queen on my other thread when I'm not.

I forgot that I called you a drama queen before. Now I really think you're a drama queen.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Nope, I'm not a DQ. You obviously don't live in Phoenix. I'm new here. There is a saying that "there are no good men here" and also, "Where are they hiding all the intelligent people?"

I'm just beginning to see that.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Quill,

Where are you from?

• dinah
    dinah

White Dove, you're profile says Greenland.

Simple. Stop picking his lame-ass-working-at-Taco-Bell-for-years up and taking him to work. Drive right the hell past him, wave if ya want to!

If you are interested in him-------RUN!!!!!!! FAR FAR AWAY

• White Dove
    White Dove

No more rides. I've already decided that, even though he doesn't have those days scheduled any more.

No, I repeat, we work in close elbow bumping proximity, not in the least bit interested.

Try working with a shunner and sneerer every day.

Try knocking on doors and getting them slammed in your face day in and day out.

Same feeling.

It wears after a while and makes one wonder what could be the cause. It's completely unearned.

Funny how no one has said to just keep being your nice sweet self and ignore the stupid person's antics, that he'll bore of it sooner or later.

Do any of you think so?

Do people actually get tired of acting like assholes and give it up after a time?

Greenland is an alias place I am stuck with until Simon says I can move. Blondie has been all over Europe and is now in the U.S. for privacy sake.

I usually just keep to myself except for work.

Quill is lucky he's never had to deal with assholes. Very lucky, indeed.

I figure that dealing with 2 a year is the limit.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I'm thinking that since quitting the JW's, I've had the freedom to meet and attempt friendships with a lot more people than ever before.

Unfamiliar situations are bound to come out of all that meeting and greeting.

Being a JW for 37 years tends to keep a person sheltered from a variety of social situations, so it makes it impossible to learn about them.

Now that I'm out, it's still all new.

I've had the displeasure of knowing control freak friends, drama queens who wish to destroy you lest you follow them, and now superstitious idiots.

At least when those kinds rear their ugly heads, I won't wonder what to do, I'll know and recognize them for what they are because I've had the experience of dealing with them before.

These kinds of experiences are all a part of the exiting process, I guess. We have to learn about the world around us in all it's beauty and ugliness.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

On your way to work, tell him you're concerned about "world conditions". No real Witness could resist that one.

• White Dove
    White Dove

That's a good one! I won't be breaking any "don't talk religion on the clock" rule, either. I'm going to use it. Thanks, XYZ!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit