Protect The Flock Letter From 1980

by Bangalore 77 Replies latest watchtower bible

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

You will notice that Alice will not comment about her Avatar. She had a different one at one time that looked like some sort of witch and then changed it suddenly...to another witch...that was smoking...and holding so sort of cross like object.

I'm convinced that she isn't really a JW. She's just playing devils advocate on this site and trying to work people up.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I agree, Dan. She is nothing but a conventional Internet Messageboard troll.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Many thanks to Bangalore and Teal for this letter . I have heard of it many times but now I have a copy....

It contradicts what was in the "Shepherding the Flock" book which defined apostasy as "spreading" contrary views. I wonder what the new book will say?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I think they will redefine apostacy as "believing" anything contrary to the WTS. That would be the true mind control. You can't even PRIVATELY hold to a different opinion.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"You will notice that Alice will not comment about her Avatar. She had a different one at one time that looked like some sort of witch and then changed it suddenly...to another witch...that was smoking...and holding so sort of cross like object.

I'm convinced that she isn't really a JW. She's just playing devils advocate on this site and trying to work people up."

I've already explained my avatar, but it wouldn't mean anything if I didn't have an open mind about Jehovah's Witnesses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whore_of_Babylon

Jehovah's Witnesses believe that the Whore of Babylon symbolizes the world empire of false religion, including, but not limited to, Christendom, a term they use to refer to merely professed "Christianity" as opposed to "true Christianity". Among John’s visions recorded in the book of Revelation appear pronouncements of judgment against “Babylon the Great,” as well as a description of her and of her downfall.

You attacking me personally doesn't get me worked up, so if simple logic gets you worked up, well, it happens. I come across people like that now and then. Those that can't take someone disagreeing with them, and when you disagree, they turn into something resembling a funny angry little chihuahua with a screen name. If you're stable in your beliefs you should be able to stand your ground without "getting worked up" if someone disagrees.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Whore of Babylon? That reminds me of 1 of the 100 times we studied the Revelation book. A commentor used the term "Whore of Babylon" and described Christendom as a filthy whore. He was talked to after the study and counselled for using the term.

So...interesting use of your avatar (or the visible representation of yourself). I don't get angry at simple logic. I get frustrated with silly circular reasonings that you post. You know, I'd take it better if I knew they were your own words. But you just cute and paste from the WT library. It gets old pretty quick. Can't you just speak from your heart?

And Alice, I do have an open mind and heart about JWs. That's why I want out.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

If you're stable in your beliefs you should be able to stand your ground without "getting worked up" if someone disagrees.

What do you mean by "Getting worked up"??

Would that be like if someone posted a suicide picture and screamed for all the apostates to die??

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Tell me she didn't already do that, Palmtree...

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

The thread got yanked, brotherdan.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"What do you mean by "Getting worked up"??

Would that be like if someone posted a suicide picture and screamed for all the apostates to die??"

No, I didn't do that. I would expect palmtree67 to lie and say or do no less, as the only ace up her sleeve is some asinine personal attack.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit