Protect The Flock Letter From 1980

by Bangalore 77 Replies latest watchtower bible

• baltar447
    baltar447

Ok I'm convinced Alice is a troll of the highest order after seeing that link.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Yeah, that site was creepy Alice. But it makes a certain amount of sense that you would plug a site like that. Your avatars are always occultic. Your latest one looks like she is smoking...and maybe a witch? Do you just like coming to this site to argue, even if you don't believe what you are saying? Just curious.

• Essan
    Essan

Alice asid: "Getting back to the letter, if someone believes counter doctrines that are diametrically opposed to what the Bible teaches, why would they be associating with Jehovah's Witnesses?"

Oh I don't know, perhaps to avoid being DF'd and shunned by lifelong friends and family?

Alice said: "As long as I kept what I believed to myself, nobody will know about it, but when I start communicating what I believe with others, problems will develop"

Yeah, keep your mouth shut. Keep your head down and you just might get to stay on speaking terms with your friends and family.

CULT!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

If the elders call on them and they tell them they no longer believe in it, there will be no announcement made.

Your deliberately missing an important factor and that is if a person was once baptized lets say at a young impressionable age

and later on decided the JWS were not who they were made up to be and decided to leave and denounce the WTS/JWS they would

most certainly announce at the Hall that person is DF and no longer a JW. Especially if the elders see that that person now belongs to

another religious faith.

The crime of this scenario is if the person has family still associated with the JWS who are in good standing, baptized and the rest,

that individual's relationship with their remaining family would be put in peril, just as many here in this forum would attest to.

By the way this disfellowshipping/shunning is orchestrated by many other so called Christian based faiths, its not indigenous to the JWS alone.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

The link was a Christian theorist group.

"Alice, kindly stfu.

-Sab"

Nice filler for a logical response. You suck.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Alice's web link solidifies the assertion that she doesn't know what religious charlatans are $$$.

Thats why she is one of the JWS.

Most intellectually informed people do know, thankfully

• cattails
    cattails

Getting back to the letter, if someone believes counter doctrines that are diametrically opposed to what the Bible teaches, why would they be associating with Jehovah's Witnesses?
    If a person believes all the doctrines taught by orthodox Judaism for example, why would they be in a Kingdom Hall if they reject Jesus as the Messiah?

It's not about being in the Kingdom Hall if they reject Jesus. Many feel trapped in the Kingdom Hall because they have come to know Jesus as the Messiah.

But the WTS claims to be the only Channel to God rather than teach what the Bible evidently says: That Jesus is the one Mediator between God and men (all men).

Unfortunately you don't seem to have eyes to see that or ears to hear it. You're blinded by the traditions of men and maybe one day you'll understand that

some who go to the Kingdom Hall, have to, because otherwise they would be shunned if they revealed they love Jesus more than some man-made organization.

We are the "conscious class," and there are thousands of us. Deal with it. (Matthew 5:3)

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    So why would they be associating with Jehovah's Witnesses? Usually, because they already have been, often for the bulk of their lives. The JWs embody more than a set of compulsory beliefs but embrace a whole social structure: family, friends, business contacts, etc. JWs are supposed to be "separate from the world", so many JWs live their lives in the congregation and don't have any support elsewhere. People usually don't want to lose their families, their friends, their livelihoods. The problem is: the Society makes it very hard for a person to leave the organization without losing all of this (via shunning), and at the same time, it makes it very hard for a person to remain as a JW without giving up their beliefs. All "official" teachings by the Society, no matter how arbitrary or ill-founded, are compulsory.

Spot on, Leo.

• TD
    TD

Does anybody know who the SCG:SSF desk code referred to?

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

TD,

Back in 1980 desk SCG was Leon Weaver.

Marvin Shilmer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit