BOE LTR (PDF) Brazen Conduct !!!

by yknot 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Just a thought on the whole "brazen better reflects the original greek term translated "loose conduct" then....' what, loose conduct?

Brazen was always a code word for elders meaning "Yeah, they meant it. It wasn't weakness, it was a heart condition."

How interesting that they want to use greek terms and translations, something that they frankly suck at, and add their own admitted spin word to it.

"Brazen better reflects.... chosen by the Governing Body."

There it is in a nutshell. They admit to their own spin.

"Loose conduct" is the Governing Body's favorite offense. It can mean anything. They can make it anything. But loose isn't as evil, and its hard to get elder buy in. "Brazen"? Thats a word that can fire up some elders to disfellowship over any kind of crap.

It's all greek to me. But lets not forget, this cult/religion is a mere invention, nothing more. It is no wonder that they will invent new stuff to keep themselves going.

They just make crap up, thats all. This is more of the same.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Why is The Watchotwer so concerned about keeping this book confidential?
    Does anyone know the reason?

They even LIE about its existence! See the following, an Elder of 20 Years standing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C4YCVk5PU4

George

• yknot
    yknot

Gotta admit this has been a nice distraction until the AGM!

Challenging all -lurkers and conscious class Elders and MSs to see how fast it can be uploaded here on JWN into the 2010-2011 season!

Remember:

*** w97 6/1 p. 6 Secrecy in the Name of the Lord ***
    : “Jehovah’s Witnesses are in no sense a secret society. Their Bible-based beliefs are fully explained in publications that are available to anyone.

(Matthew 10:26) . . .Therefore do not fear them; for there is nothing covered over that will not become uncovered, and secret that will not become known.

• StAnn
    StAnn

yknot, about your quote on Secrecy, I'd love to hear the WTS's explanation for the Kool-Aid WTs that have to be kept under lock and key and the CD-Roms that are ONLY for JDubs in good standing. Not a secret society? Yeah, right.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

This concerns me. Does it signal an even more mind-control effort to come?

While it may be a benefit that some will be pushed to the breaking point and leave the Borg, others may simply get broken.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Kool-Aid WTs that have to be kept under lock and key

StAnn - Always a pile of spares at the back of our KH, anyone can help themselves and the fact that some publishers order 20 copies of the Study version shows members of the public are getting it. It is also freely available on the WT website to download.

I would agree about the CD-ROM though.

George

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I find the cloak-and-dagger burn-after-reading tone of this letter hilarious.

OMGzzz! We wouldn't want the rank and file Dubs or worse, the WORLD to know how Jehovah runs His Organization, would we? While you're at it, go through the files and burn the old letters, too!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Holy Crap, was that ATJeff posting up in here? Good to see ya, bro!

VM44 asked:

Why is The Watchotwer so concerned about keeping this book confidential?

Does anyone know the reason?

I don't know the reason but I have a couple speculations. One, they really honestly believe they are in a "spiritual war" and that high-level information is on a "need to know" basis. Two, it gives an inflated sense of importance to both the material in the book and those who rank highly enough to possess one.

I honestly don't know which it is or whether it is something else entirely

• Gregor
    Gregor

Next they will be sending all new jive on a self destruct device ala "Mission Impossible"

"hey, brudder Jones, your briefcase is on fire!"

• processor
    processor

We'll see if the Holy Spirit will be able to protect the book from getting leaked to us :D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit