J.R.Brown

by Mall Cop 54 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Lost Generation, thank you for posting that. I sincerely thank you for posting that. That lying rotten bastard. Wow I'm at a loss for words. What a rotten dude. To make the claim that, they're in no way above anybody else............wow.

• cult classic
    cult classic

"I believe these men EARNED their respective positions, (based on personal knowledge I have of them and the people that know them). They are highly respected by many JWs of all colors."

"(Especially J.R. Brown)." - He's been around forever.

ditto that sola - There is definite racism and some token incumbents up in NYC, however, many black men have positions of power that they've "earned" (in the WT sense/definition of the word)

Cult Classic

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Hey Cult Classic, I appreciate both your and Sola's posts. I sometimes may get a little trigger happy with criticizing my own when they're successful. I can't help but to question Herd when I see all those old white faces on the GB and Writing Department. Especially being a born-in, I know how people get to the positions they have in this organization, and its generally speaking not self respecting. At the same time I can't paint everybody with the same brush, but I can't but help and think dudes like JR Brown and Herd are some brown nosing house negros if there ever was some. If I'm wrong, then I'll apologize. As it stands now though, they don't look good in my eyes.

• cult classic
    cult classic

No biggie MLE. I do view Herd (and a few others) as a token in a sense. But not JR and some other men of color.

Bethel and Executive offices would get no stripes for racial equality. But racism is definitely acknowledged at Bethel and many departments were Equal Opportunity Slavedrivers...LOL

That being said, there are some serious racial problems at Bethel. And it is noticed by people of all races there.

My position is that no self-respecting man or woman of color should be a witness at all, based on their ethnicity alone... LOL

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Cult Classic, you just opened a entire can of worms with that last post!! You've got to elaborate on that!! What do you mean when you say racism is definately acknowledged at Bethel, and that there are "serious racial problems at Bethel?!?!?!?

You've got to elaborate on this!!!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

JR Brown was one of the few folks at Bethel with (1) a current Vow of Poverty and (2) a Lexus.

• cult classic
    cult classic

MLE - I mean that many long-time bethelites in positions of power are aware of instances of racism and want to fix them. Most bethelites are loving hardworking sincere people. But problems do exist. Many witnesses admit to having to work on bigotry and racism. It's just that for some it's not a priority because "Jehovah will straighten it out in the new system." That's one of the things that always bugged me about being a witness. Oftentimes those in the congregation didn't really "put on the new personality" because there were more important things to do... like go out in field service and support the world wide work with donations.

LWT - Yep. A lot of the popular bethel speakers are adored by the witnesses in the field and get lavish gifts for their motivational speaking abilities.

• cattails
    cattails

JR Brown = TOOL ( of the GB) !!!

He's so like a lawyer, and I HATE lawyers!

Nothing personal against lawyers, it's just what they do.

They can't help it.

JR Brown, it's just what he's been told to do, he's a tool.

He does it willingly, he's a mental slave, several times over

what some of the R&F are in the organization.

That's why the GB trusted him.

But maybe all the dissonance

sent him to the Hospital with

a severe case of Crisis of Conscience.

One can only hope.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Yes Cattails you're right. The PR (public relations) department is all about the WT image. Just like any PR dept in any other corporation.

• blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit