Where now?

by bez 61 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Inkie... peace to you! I hope I am not out of line or offend but... well... BOO-YOW! (or however one would spell that - LOL! ). I know, I know... it's not very mild and "christ"-like, but it's what came to my mind and heart, so please forgive!

Dearest Bez... peace to you, as well! Please also know that if you CAN'T speak to the Father (i.e., you are personally unable)... for whatever reason (i.e., you just can't find the words, you don't know what to say, your "conscience" is "bothering" you, etc.)... you can ALWAYS ask the Son to appear before the Most Holy One... on your behalf... and seek favor FOR you. After all, he is the One who pleads for us.

But, at least go to the Holy [Christ] and ASK that he plead for you before the MOST Holy... because that is his PROMISE to us... that as our "High Priest" he would do so. And he DOES... happily, willingly and with ALL love. He, the [Holy] Spirit will plead FOR you... so long as you are honest with him. Because he is alive... and exerts power... and can see what is "in" ALL men... to the dividing of the bone and its marrow... so that NOTHING is hidden from him (or the Father), anyway, and especially that which is IN us. So, don't try to "hide" anything from them because you can't do it, anyway... and may risk trying to "fool" the Holy Spirit. A no-no.

Again, peace to you both!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• bez
    bez

Thank you Inkie, and Thankyou Aguest... Could i ask your views on the future? Of course as a witness i have believed in the 'new heaven and new earth'.. ie, paradise for the righteous... heaven for the 'annointed 144000'... And a ressurection to life on earth for judgement for those asleep in death...so what now?

• carla
    carla

Your concern with your daughter is admirable, however does she really need friends that will never truly be friends? conditional friends that only will be friends with her if she is exactly like them? Expand her social network!

have her-

join the girlscouts! lots crafts, camping and other fun activities and learning about the world they live in AND they always do a service project (volunteer) for something in the community.

join the Y- more fun activities and a great place to meet kids! learn sportsmanship, a new sport, all kinds of activities for her and you will meet some normal mom's too.

join 4H- another great place for kids to learn, grow and meet new friends.

the library often has children's activities-

community center usually has classes that a kid may enjoy or a sport they can do

after school sports- usually at that age it's all for fun and to learn the game

put her in a dance class to have fun and meet other kids

let her join drama or other extracirricular activities

There are numerous ways you can help her make friends so she does not need to grow up feeling socially inadequate like many here have said they still feel as adults. Did you say she was 7? that is so young! you have the chance to change her life for the better and the whole jw thing will be some foggy memory for her! Best of luck!

The new school year is starting get her involved right away! Her backpack should be filled with requests to join this and that for the first 2 months or so, don't put it off!

• carla
    carla

forgot- let her go to the birthday parties she will be invited to! at that age most schools have a policy that if you want to bring invitations to school rather than mail them then you must invite the whole class, let her go and start planning her birthday party too!

• bez
    bez

Thanks Carla, Its her birthday on Sunday (next), we are taking her out with a couple of her school friends for her birthday and spending next Saturday as a family with it being her first proper birthday. I am making her cake and cant wait to see her face... Its so exciting for her and for me to live what i didnt have at that age...

I am also letting her join a girls scout club with her friend from school,somthing i too always wanted to do when i was at school!

I still want her to grow up with morals and as a good person, and feel i will still bring her up with bible principles... but i am pleased to be away from the ridgid made up rules and princples of an organization.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Greetings dear Bez... and peace to you! Because dear Inkie has been responding lately (which is wonderful, as he is usually pretty quiet), I am directed by my Lord to defer to him this time, if you don't mind, and perhaps add something (if necessary, but I don't think so, or my Lord directs me), later. My understanding, however, is that dear Inkie doesn't have access to the Internet during the weekends, at least not right now. If you will be patient, though, perhaps he will respond during the week or so; if not, I will be more than happy to share what I've learned from our Lord.

I apologize for asking you to wait, but I must obey our Lord, the Holy Spirit, on this. I am sure you understand.

In the meantime, I bid you and your household the greatest of love and peace!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• Inkie
    Inkie

Hi Bez: Yes, AGuest is correct. I don’t have access to a computer during the weekends so I usually only write during the week. Congratulations on your daughter’s first birthday party that she will celebrate. I know how very nice that can be. You are probably going to have as much fun, if not more so, as your daughter will. Enjoy the party. Remember, at Christ’s birth in Bethlehem, even the angels rejoiced! Now THAT was a birthday party to be sure.

As for your last post here, you’re very welcome, and I’m glad I could help in any way that I can. You asked:

Could i ask your views on the future?

Yes, however, you should know that these are not really “my” views. They are what has been recorded in the Bible (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and in some of the letters) and told by our Lord. You might want to re-read them again without the Watchtower glasses we all used to wear.

The future is quite bright actually. Unfortunately, before the bright day arrives, we humans are going to have to go through a bit of a hard time here on earth. That hard time is called the “great tribulation.” And, I’m sure you know how the Bible reads on that subject—“unless those days are cut short, no flesh would be saved.” That’s pretty serious. But those days ARE cut short for the sake of the chosen ones—of which true Christians are. “Immediately AFTER that tribulation,” our Lord returns to gather his own. Now that’s going to be a great day!

You wrote:

Of course as a witness i have believed in the 'new heaven and new earth'.. ie, paradise for the righteous... heaven for the 'annointed 144000'... And a ressurection to life on earth for judgement for those asleep in death...so what now?

The Bible does speak of a new heaven and a new earth and of a paradise for the righteous. That’s true. It also speaks of heaven for the 144,000; however, know that more than 144,000 are anointed. There is also a “great crowd” who are also anointed to be kings and priests of our God. I suggest you re-read those texts, again without the Watchtower glasses that we all used to wear.

The Bible does speak of two resurrections: the first one occurring after the “great tribulation” when our Lord returns and gathers his own. That’s the first resurrection. The second one occurs AFTER the thousand years has ended. (This is totally different from what the Society teaches.) Re-read the text and you will see that. That second resurrections is of those who did not belong to Christ. It is a resurrection in which some of those resurrected will get life and some who will get judgment.

There’s a lot more that can be said concerning the specificity of these subjects and we can certainly discuss them at length should you like. But this here pretty much answers your questions in a nutshell. Please feel free to ask anything else you want or about things discussed with more specificity. Happy to oblige you.

Enjoy your party! I love birthday cake!

--Inkie

• bez
    bez

Thanks again Inkie i will defo be doing some more bible reading!!

• Inkie
    Inkie

You're welcome, Bez. However, please know that the best place to go is as I mentioned to you before--a WHOM. If you have questions, certainly you are free to ask anyone, anyone at all. But the best person to ask is Christ himself.

John 6:67-68 states:

"Therefore, Jesus said to the twelve: "You do not want to go also, do you?" Simon Peter answered him: "Lord, WHOM shall we go away to? You have the sayings of everlasting life; and we have believed and come to know that you are the Holy One of God.

Peter's statement is so sadly often misquoted ("where"). He said "whom" not "where." It is Christ who has the sayings of everlasting life. Go to him, and you can't go wrong.

--Inkie

• bez
    bez

This i have heard before, a massive misprint ... whom to go to, not where to go to.. thank you inkie once again for your help.

I do continue to pray and am feeling happier than ever at the moment.. i just hope it continues and feelings of guilt etc dont hinder my future.

Like you said, if i continue to pray this way, i hopefully will only be pointed in the right direction from now on.

Thanks again !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit