Where now?

by bez 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Inkie
    Inkie

Bez, most interesting. As the Christ said, "Do as they say, not as they do." Why? Because they say "read the context." Notice:

31 And so Jesus went on to say to the Jews that had believed him: “If YOU remain in my word, YOU are really my disciples, 32 and YOU will know the truth, and the truth will set YOU free.” 33 They replied to him: “We are Abraham’s offspring and never have we been slaves to anybody. [That's a lie, isn't it? Weren't they slaves in Egypt?] How is it you say, ‘Y OU will become free’?” 34 Jesus answered them: “Most truly I say to YOU , Every doer of sin is a slave of sin. 35 Moreover, the slave does not remain in the household forever; the son remains forever. 36 Therefore if the Son sets YOU free, YOU will be actually free. --John 8:31-36.

Is it not evident then that the Son wants you free? Know the Truth. No doubt you've read and heard over the years the following:

" This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.--John 17:3.

Yet, the footnote of the big Reference Bible of the New World Translation states (as do other Bibles):

"This means everlasting life, their knowing you [not taking in knowledge], the only true God and the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ."--John 17:30.

"Knowing" someone is a whole lot different than "taking in knowledge of them." Agreed? In your life, how many biographies have you read? And in so doing you have "taken in knowledge" of that person. But . . . do you/did you know that person? You took in all kinds of facts about that person, but did you know him/her? And more important . . . if THAT person were asked: "Do you know Bez?" That person would say, "No, I'm sorry, I don't." But then you'd reply: "But I know all about you. I know where you were born, what school you went to, who you married, how many kids you have, etc., etc., etc." But THAT person would reiterate, "Sorry. I don't know you." And you'd be completely out of luck.

It's the same with Jah and Christ. You must KNOW THEM. They must KNOW you.

--Inkie

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee
    Truth is tho, i feel closer to God and Christ than ever before :-)

Do you think this is because you are realizing that you are "good enough" just the way you are ? I never felt like I could ever do enough, be good enough, gain enough knowledge, or have the right attitude at all times, to be in an approved state. What a relief to cast all that off and realize that the relationship you have with God is between you and him. No one else can take "inventory" of your relationship with him anymore.

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

Good to meet you I'm glad you still have faith, so many lose it when they realise the organisation is all lies.

AGuest and Inkie told you to read John 8:36

Enjoy your new found freedom, true freedom.

Be careful about feeling any guilt because your little girl will pick up on it, do everything with love and you'll be fine. Children soon make new friends, just have fun.

• bez
    bez

Thankyou again everyone and your explanation of that verse in John 8:36.

I know scriptures are often quoted in the organization time and time again, and it was not until i read around them that i even started to question certain teachings.

I know thenoblelodge what you are saying about feelings of guilt...i still have them now.. I have had doubts and felt terrible about them for the last 3 years or more, but now the decision is out for all to know, the predictable way people have been has made me feel inadequate to pray and wrong for even seeking advice on this board ...but i also DO feel FREE and a sense of peace!!!! My ex fellow believers would have me believe this is how Satan would want me to feel and he is appearing as an angel of light etc etc... like many say, especially being brought up this way, its very hard to shake off the indoctrinated deep rooted teachings, and so guilt comes with that... i am definatly happy to see my child happy...she slept out last night for the first time at one of her school friends houses, and she loved every minute which shocked me as as many of her 'truth' friends would stay here in the past but she would never want to stay at there houses...dont know if that is part of her just growing up or sensing some security for the first time in her little life ??

• Hadit
    Hadit

Welcome Bez! I'm very happy that you and your husband and children are out together. That is great. You've come to the right place for understanding and support. Everything you are feeling and wondering is completely normal. You are coming out of an organization that uses heavy mind control which wreaks havoc on your thoughts and also your relationship with those who are still completely under its control.

Enjoy your new found freedom. Read, think, look and listen. Thoughts and feelings evolve. Nobody has all the answers but we sure can use our brain to find the ones that work for own situations.

Enjoy life! I wish you and your family all the best.

Hadit

• Inkie
    Inkie

Aaaah . . . yes . . . that IS one of the secrets--reading around a cited text. Sometimes, oftentimes, it makes ALL the difference in understanding. Have no fear of questioning. It's a good thing. Oh, and one more thing, do not let your "feelings" prevent you from praying to Jah and speaking with Christ. While no one is worthy--each and everyone of us is a sinner and that's exactly the kind of people Christ is calling. He came "to save sinners." I believe him. I hope you do too. So don't allow your feelings of inadequacy hinder you from approaching Jah in prayer through His Son. They are kind. Pour out your heart to them.

All the best, Bez.

--Inkie

• AGuest
    AGuest
    They are kind...

Indeed, dear Inkie (peace to you... and NICE to see you posting these days!)... always and in everything. Which is why my Lord said that he came to "bear witness to the TRUTH"... about our Heavenly Father. See Christ... see God. "See" what I mean?

Peace to you all and welcome dear Bez!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• tec
    tec

Inkie - Pray to God; speak with Christ?

I feel much more comfortable with that. Something that I will pray about, at least. Maybe that helps you too, Bez.

Tammy

• Inkie
    Inkie

Tec: Yes, Jah is the God of ALL comfort. --Inkie

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Welcome!

Just one thing, don't jump the JW cult ship to the Mormon cult ship. A cult that is a cult is a cult. Stay away from cults!

Another thing, there is nothing wrong with you, you made the right decision, you being worried about your daughter is natural, but at that age, she'll be fine making new friends. Screw the JW jackasses!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit