The evidence AGAINST evolution.

by nicolaou 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

I strongly recommend reading: "The Greatest Show on Earth - The Evidence of Evolution" by Richard Dawkins. Just finished it. Amazing, mind blowing!

• bohm
    bohm

DS: I second that. He can make cabbage an interesting subject! (i think about that every time i go to a supermarket now)

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Wow. That was an interesting website.

Of course, by "interesting" I mean "whoever wrote that is dumber than a bag of hammers"

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

Living organisms only reproduce after their kind, they do not gradually morph into other species through successive generations. Irreducible complexity is a mechanism that blocks biological evolution.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Living organisms only reproduce after their kind, they do not gradually morph into other species through successive generations. Irreducible complexity is a mechanism that blocks biological evolution.

Actually, Alice, had you read the latest watchtower brochures you would know that they don't define "kind" and then talk about how just a few undefined "kinds" could produce all the "kinds" we have today.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    . . probably within our lifetimes we will observe "non living matter turn into a living organism" - or at the very least, close enough to spark lively debate over what it means to be "alive"

Life is incredible, but I think we all sometimes 'overdo' the profoundness of what it is. Life is chemistry. Chemistry happens all around us all the time. Given 14 billion years and 170 billion laboratories each with 500 billion chemical experiments running does it really seem so incredible that chemistry would find expression in life?

And before any of you creationists pounce, I KNOW that is not evidence - worth thinking about though . . .

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Living organisms only reproduce after their kind, they do not gradually morph into other species through successive generations. Irreducible complexity is a mechanism that blocks biological evolution

Alice, can you please define your use of the word 'kind'? Also, can you give me an example of irreducible complexity within biology as I am not aware of a single one?

Many thanks,

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Also, can you give me an example of irreducible complexity within biology as I am not aware of a single one?

Five bucks says she uses the eye :)

• sabastious
    sabastious

PSacramento,

That link is about the most unconvincing evolution paper I have ever read. For instance:

The very first refutation:

1. Living things never come from non-living things

^ Evolution does not attemp to explain HOW it started, but rather WHAT happened. We can prove that things evolve we cannot prove how the matter got to the planet that started evolution, which is what this is trying to refute.

2. The missing links are still missing

^ This is non proof, not actual proof of anything

-Sab

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Although there is no evidence against evolution that you would find acceptable, I know that we were created because the Holy Spirit whispered the truth into my ear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit