What is the big plan for the Great Day?

by Dark Side 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• agonus
    agonus

Seems like individual Dubs are putting a lot more effort into mentally, spiritually, and physically planning and preparing for Armageddon than the leadership. Which doesn't surprise me... even the laziest Dub is still more responsible than any given GB member.

• agonus
    agonus

Yeah, it's funny soldier, the details are all in the legalities and policies, but it's like they've just given up doctrinally. Is the WT even talking about the King of The North/South anymore? They just keep saying, Armageddon is a hairbreadth away, but what about all the stuff that supposedly has to happen before that... you know, the cry of peace and security, the harlot turning on false religion, etc, etc. Or are they just suffering from collective amnesia?

• agonus
    agonus

I mean, they recently finished studying the Rev. book for, what, the 5th time, and even printed new-light-friendly revisions... but why is it you never hear them talk about about how all that shit is being fulfilled now or how it's supposed to be fulfilled? It's just "Armageddon is so close, it's so close, it's so close". Why even bother with 360 pages of mind-numbing exposition on Revelation without even attempting to identify how it's supposedly going down right before our eyes?

I guess it's just all about busy work... too much so to actually think about it.

• dutchstef
    dutchstef

I think if the big day somehow would happen( I don't believe that bs anymore).

No JW would believe it! It was supose to happen so many times(in 18hundred something and 1914, 1918, 1975, somewere between 75 and 94 and somewere between my greatgrandma was born and my greatgrandchildren will bbe born), that that they think that this time it's also not true and they probably go on knocking on doors to tell people the end is near......

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

They would live in the hills and hope it doesn't happen during a season thats too hot or too cold.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee
    They would live in the hills and hope it doesn't happen during a season thats too hot or too cold.

Weren't those in Babylon supposed to pray that their flight wouldn't happen in the wintertime....and wasn't the fall of Babylon supposed to picture the time of the end. It sounds like the end could be scheduled for a more convenient time if enough prayers came in about it.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Darkside....it is all metophorical.

Their tongues rot in their mouths because they will be speechless. Their eyes rot because they won't believe what they are seeing.

The destruction at Armageddon will be for those who are "ruining the earth".....this includes corporations like Watchtower.

Do you not realize that all the evil in governments, corporations, and religions have been stripped naked and that THEY are the ones walking in shame!

Armageddon is so close it's been breathing down their necks. And their arrogant asses don't even realize that the destruction is for THEM.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Another question: Wasn't there a rumor back in the '70s about an unnatural increase in bird population?

Yes there was a rumor about that. I specifically remember in the summer of 1974 ( I was in 11 th grade and the Way We Were was in the Theaters) A Brother Wayne G. raised his hand at the WT study and said "Scientist have reported that there has been a marked increase in carrion birds in the last year."

You just can't make up sh^t like this. Oh wait.... Yes, someone did.

• clarity
    clarity

Barbara's songs will never seem the same again! .... you guys are too funny!

For most of my time in the borg .... the word about armageddon was go to the Book Study Group .... that's why it was the most important mtg there ever was. That's where we will get all our instructions. There will still be bookstudy's after ar.........oh wait a minute, hold the phones ... didn't they just cancel all th.... oh geez sorry

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

For most of my time in the borg .... the word about armageddon was go to the Book Study Group .... that's why it was the most important mtg there ever was. That's where we will get all our instruction

Ha....that's right !! They even started calling the "Book Study" "The Rendezvous" as in, the Jones Rendezvous, is in charge of cleaning the hall this month. That was where you were supposed to go when it all came down. You were supposed to be really close with the people in your Rendezvous.

For some reason this was dropped...it only stuck for a few years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit