What is the big plan for the Great Day?

by Dark Side 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

I've been away from the Borg for many years now. The only information I have about New Light/Doctrine Change/Flip Flops is from this board. So I'm hoping you can help me with a couple of questions I've had since I was a kid.

Does the WTBTS have a plan for what the JWs are supposed to do while the battle of Armaggedon is being fought?

When the the mountains fall and the earth opens up and fireballs are raining down from heaven and people are killing each other and tongues and eyes are rotting in faces...

Are there any instructions from the WTBTS concerning what average Joe Publisher and his family are supposed to do?

Hide in the house? Run for the hills? Congregate at the nearest Kingdom Hall? Go about their business, trusting that Jehovah will keep them safe?

Also, I seem to remember that it was said that some "good" JWs might accidently be murdered die at Armaggedon. If so, Jehovah will resurrect them. True or no?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I had always assumed that they would simply sleep through the whole thing, and wake up fully energized. Cleaning up all those corpses and all that rubble will require all their vigor.

• snowbird
    snowbird

ROFL!!!

You guys are a hoot!

Syl

• cult classic
    cult classic

I never heard of any plan. From childhood I was always told we'd "stand still and watch the salvation of Jehovah."

Kind of like watching a movie. Only bigger.

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Cleaning up all those corpses and all that rubble will require all their vigor.

KS, aren't the birds and wild animals supposed to eat all the corpses?

There's a nice image for JWs. Watching your unbelieving daughter's eyes pecked out by crows and her body devoured by stray dogs while all your friends sing praises to Jah

Another question: Wasn't there a rumor back in the '70s about an unnatural increase in bird population?

• donny
    donny

And then the Wienesses will have the burden of deciding which formerly-owned-by-a-wordly house they will choose as their own. I have already set my eyes on Streisands beach front property.

Mmm. Mmm.
    Memories, light the corners of my mind
    Misty watchtower memories of the way we were.
    Scattered magazines of the worldlies we left behind
    and homes that used to belong to another
    for the way we were

• yknot
    yknot

*** wt chap. 20 pp. 182-183 par. 14 Keep Close in Mind Jehovah’s Day ***'

14 At the beginning of the great tribulation, the rulers will turn against Babylon the Great, the world empire of false religion, and will annihilate her. (Matthew 24:21; Revelation 17:15, 16) After that, the nations will turn against those who uphold Jehovah’s sovereignty, provoking Jehovah’s fury against the political governments and their supporters, resulting in total destruction for them. That will be the Armageddon climax of the great tribulation.

Some of us will die and others of us will live...... plans, not really other than to stay 'alert' and be obedient to the Slave. We are suppose to be using the FWN to prepare to standfirm.

A lot of comparisons were drawn in my childhood to the Nazi reign in Germany. But I was suppose to use strategy and keep from being put into a concentration camp as long as possible and act on behalf of the WTS in whatever capacity deemed by HQ. If imprisoned I was to make sure arrangements for fellowship and discussion of WT things occurred so to keep upbuilding one another. I was not to fear death, but I also wasn't to court it.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Yes DS - I recall some witnesses making a huge deal when they would see a flock of birds. They thought Jehovah was rounding up the birds for Armageddon.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Are there any instructions from the WTBTS concerning what average Joe Publisher and his family are supposed to do?

Hide in the house? Run for the hills? Congregate at the nearest Kingdom Hall? Go about their business, trusting that Jehovah will keep them safe?

I think they basically always said that they will stand still and see the events happening, but then they said somewhere else that they might have instructions for the great tribulation to preceed the big A. They were vague on any details, but....

....I figure one day they will say to sell all the belongings quickly and give the money to WTS, then drink the koolaid and wait.

• blondie
    blondie

Some "good" jws might die due to illness but not directly executed by God (or the angels/Jesus/144,000 in heaven). (WTS view) and that they will be resurrected.

Here are some scriptures they use to show jws won't fight, just watch in safety. Remember the WTS always stresses that jws AS A GROUP NOT AS INDIVUDALS will be protected.

Exodus 14:13 And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever. 14 The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.

2 Chronicles 20:17 (New International Version)

You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you, O Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the LORD will be with you.' "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit