Im finally leaving my jw husband.

by littlebird 85 Replies latest jw friends

• littlebird
    littlebird

Thanks you guys!

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

I'm glad you're doing OK, littlebird. I suspected that your sons probably wouldn't be far behind, once there was a better place to stay!

Don't forget that whatever you owned together in the marriage is half yours. It's a relief to have freedom, but you deserve a fair settlement on the marital property, too.

Take care, and congratulations on starting your new life!

--GLT

• littlebird
    littlebird

Yeah, so far I got to leave with a few pictures, a two seater patio table, and we are sleeping on air mattresses. Im still happier.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

At the least you should be legally allowed the basic personal items including beds and dressers etc.

You are afraid to hurt his feelings?

Or are you afraid of him getting angry?

He wasn't afraid to hurt your feelings. Like others said - be yourself and if you are hapopy don't ever be afraid to show it.

If you are afraid of him getting angry and out of control make sure you never see him alone. If you have to go pick up furniture and personal things and have documents to show you have a right to them then take the police if you think he might prevent you or get violent

• nelly136
    nelly136

craigs list lil'bird.

as you've got one of the boys there it is only right you should have some of the furniture, (actually half the stuff shoul be yours anyways) but sometimes fresh furniture makes for a fresh start and at least it doesnt bring bad memories with it.

• littlebird
    littlebird

Good advice, guess i was afraid of his feelings being hurt, you're right lee, he didn't care about my feelings.

Nelly, yes , new stuff & make new memories, I like that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit