Im finally leaving my jw husband.

by littlebird 85 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

Good luck sweetie in your new life.If it is any consolation .I did what your hubby is doing to my hubby,

I preached ,preached,preached to him....For 25 years. Then when he told me "the WT wont look after you
    when I die ,I laughed at him... BUT!!!! He was right .two years after he died they kicked me out.Cos of 1914
    So I wish you all the peace you deserve...He will be the loser...God go with you my love
    Christ died so that we may live MORE abundantly.... So go live that abundant life girl ((((HUGS))

• sir82
    sir82

Sorry for your situation, you have my sympathy, but this:

He's been ranting endlessly about how close the end is, look at the eggs have to be recalled, bed bugs are an epidemic, etc, etc.

...made me LOL!

Matthew 29:1 - "Oh, hey guys, here's a couple of things I forgot to mention about my second coming, er, invisible presence: The eggs of the greater number will go bad, and there will be bedbugs and reports of bedbugs from one end of the earth to the other; But do not consider basic sanitary precautions, as these things must take place as a witness to all the cable outlets."

• undercover
    undercover

Sorry to hear that you're going through a hard time Littlebird, but I'm glad that you're taking the steps to free yourself from the mental abuse that you've been suffering.

If you had the guts to stand up and say "I'm not taking this anymore", then you're going to do just fine on your own.

Best of luck to you.

• clarity
    clarity

Hello Littlebird -

All great advice - wonderful support! Weigh it all ... then make sure you get the 'right' balance. Too heavy on the exciting part will leave you devastated one long lonely nite. Too much scary, will leave you terrified of the future and dealing every day from a place of weakness. The peace and quiet is lovely. You can close your door and lock it, but be sure not to lock out the small, day to day opportunities that will come to you. Do not get an unlisted phone #! May West(loose trans) said "a young woman needs beauty, but an older woman needs MONEY." Before you go anywhere, secure this for yourself. If you don't have a job that will support you ...get one now!!! If you don't have a credit card in YOUR NAME ... get one or two now!!! Make sure you have a very large shoulder and a pair warm huggie arms accessible. My most sincerest 2cents ..................been there, clarity

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I admire your strenght and courage :)

You should be proud that you are making a better life for yourself and your children.

It pains me to see any marriage end because I am sure, at some point, there was love there.

Yet the very nature of being human is being imperfect and your soon-to-be Ex-husband sounds like he has very little notion of the kind of love that is need to keep a marriage loving and healthy.

Love is never cruel, jealous, never judgmental and love never hurts, it is not suppose to.

He sounds like he needs mental help and it is indeed too bad he won't get it.

As for you, once again, I admire your strength and courage and may the Good Lord guide you and fill you and your children full of love and his eternal grace.

Things will be hard but it will be worth it, at times you will feel sad and lonely and this is normal and to be expected.

Love will come your way, I see it but always remember:

No one can make us happy, we can only be happy with someone if we are happy and content and with love in our hearts.

You'll do fine :)

• hopeful4eva
    hopeful4eva

Hello Littlebird,

I can totally understand where you are coming from, although I am re married now, I was previously married to a guy who at one time was my world...that world blew up in my face LOL. Although I, in the beginning I found it hard to try and pick myself up (and I was only with him for 7 years nothing like your 25),it was really a eye opening experience.

I say eye opening because in my personal opinion being with someone, no matter for what length of time, molds you...maybe conforming to things you don't like doing just to keep the peace lol!!

You are about to embark on a journey of self discovery...although the low times will be low, you will also find the good times!! It is what you make of it!! And although it can be a hard road, your the one who has the power to come out on top and happy with who you are!!! After all you are one strong person to say this is not how you want to live anymore!

I wish only the best for you and your journey!!

H4E

• NowAndThen
    NowAndThen

I will row against the waves here.

Please do give it some more thought. Leaving might not solve much. Dialogue might be a better way. OK, you probably may have tried that and some more. I would suggest you try again.

N&T

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

littlebird

good for you. Emotional abuse is wrong. Just plain wrong. And don't feel an ounce of guilt for leaving. If you have not read this yet please see it here

Til Death do us Part

It is something I wrote a while back but i have updated it a bit.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Littlebird, I'm kinda in the same situation but my JW wife isn't as firm but yet she still relishes the though that the end is nye. I've been on the verge of doing the same thing after 25 years of marriage. It is difficult but sometimes enough is enough. I'm trying to stick around for now because I have two new grand babies.

• littlebird
    littlebird

Thank you guys sooooooooooooo much. Its amazing to me how many of you are going through similar things. It made me laugh those of you who brought up the lack of bed bugs being mentioned in Matt. 24, Ha!

Mouthy, I definately want to live more abundantly, thanks for the reminder.

I will look up the links a couple of you left for me, this evening.

Quirky- its so sad that you have to worry about losing your grandchildren, whatever happenned to "honor you father & your mother?" Im sure that should count for grandparents too. I wish you the best.

T&L(I think that is your name) I respect your opinion, if he would have even agreed to go to counseling, I may have hung on a bit longer. But he refuses, according to him, our problems are my fault for leaving the truth, even though we've always had problems. Its just sent I left, he really gone over the edge.

Today I signed the lease on an apartment, Im proud of myself, but I must say, Im scared to death!

For those of you who pray, keep me in yours, for those of you who dont, I still love you and appreciate your thoughts, good energies and advice.

Love, Jeanie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit