Im finally leaving my jw husband.

by littlebird 85 Replies latest jw friends

• littlebird
    littlebird

Some of you know I have struggled with this for awhile. I really do believe in marriage and the committment, however, sometimes enough is enough.

His endless preaching at me and calling me and my (adult) children satan has me realizing that this situation is not going to get better. The other day he kicked my son out of the house for wearing a cap, in his car, with a skull on it. He said my son was bringing satan in the house and told him to get out. He's been ranting endlessly about how close the end is, look at the eggs have to be recalled, bed bugs are an epidemic, etc, etc. Its gotten so bad, that I don't think they make enough xanax pills for me to pop to try to handle him.

I already got my own phone last month because I saw this coming. I found a new job and tomorrow I sign a lease for an apartment. He won't get the help he needs because his jw friends are telling him how great he is for standing up to us for jehovah. I can't compete with his perception of God. He's already excited about being able to have his jw friends over finally.

I must admit, I will be happy about not having to walk on eggshells around him anymore, and be able to put up a christmas tree if I want to. But it still hurts to think 25yrs of marriage is essentually going down the drain. Im almost 43, I've NEVER lived on my own before. Its scary. I'll be ok.

Thanks for listening.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Sorry to hear that. Being married to a witness is indeed rough and mine is fairly tame compared to most of what I see here.

Here's wishing you all the best in your future and happiness out of a bad situation.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Its not down the drain,sweetie. You learned a valuable lesson.Jw's are insane and living w/insane people is not worth the effort.Good luck and enjoy your freedom!

• cult classic
    cult classic

littlebird - You're really brave. I'm sure the adjustment will present challenges but you'll emerge just fine.

Best Wishes

• sabastious
    sabastious

Jeez, that's tough. Really tho, everyone on this board is pulling for you. Continue to use it for help and support. The JW's destructive mindset spreads across many mediums and I am very sorry that it has affected you in such a sacred and personal place as your marriage.

You will be ok, just take it one day at a time and look for real quality support where ever you can get it.

-Sab

• Essan
    Essan

It's scary, I know, but nobody needs that in their life. Sounds like you are doing the right thing.

Live life, grab the opportunities and don't look back, would be my advice. :)

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Sounds like your making the right move, your soon to be Ex appears to be off his rocker with a screw loose.

I'm sure you will be alright though , it just takes a bit of time to get used living on your own, an adjustment that you'll

surely appreciate in the long run.

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

As my grandma once told me: "Life's too short to be miserable. If the situation goes south and you've done everything to turn it around without results, it's time to bail." I was eighteen. Great advice.

I feel for you, but a life without JW interference is a life worth living. Throw off the shackles. Good luck!

• wasblind
    wasblind

", I've NEVER lived on my own before. Its scary."

decide which is more scary,

if living with him is. RUN as fast as you can,

i know you don't want to see 25 years of marrige go down the drain,

but would you want to live another 25 in pain. RUN as fast as you can

and let the cong deal with this crazy man.

• Consfearacy
    Consfearacy

He doesn't sound like anyone that attends my congregation. He sounds like a fanatical nutjob that dances around an alter waving a holy grail around. If the dude's a freak, tell me what congregation he goes to so I can ask what his deal is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit