To DF'd people: have you gotten your yearly visit? Ever?

by daringhart13 54 Replies latest jw friends

• wobble
    wobble

Mrs Wobble and I are only wimpy little faders, not DF (yet, tee hee) but it amazes me that this seems to be the norm, Elders not doing the visits they are supposed to.

I don't blame them, blimey I would hate to do that one, hounding someone you have already shat all over.

What I do not understand is that they don't have a pop at us faders, surely in theory we are a"field ripe for harvest " ?

Mind you , I am with dear Nugget on this, I do not expect a visit, do not want one, would not accept one, unless they promised not to mention religion at all, and to bring plenty of beer !

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Most of the elders I've dealt with barely make an effort to shepherd the active ones, let alone DF'd folks.

they only seem to get involved when something serious has gone down, then they act all surprised and shocked about stuff that everyone else in the congregation have noticed and are talking about for months. Not exactly Matlock-level men.

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

DAed (30+ years) and got a visit last year.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

We're df'ed just over 2 years now. Have not received a visit ever. I assume they have been informed that I post here, and that's probably why.

I heard they were not supposed to make yearly visits on "known apostates".

• Open mind
    Open mind

I don't have the letter to BOEs, but Blues Brother's description pretty well matches what we did.

We would make sure to have a "quarterly meeting" early in the calendar year in preparation for the "Memorial Season" (tm). The PO would rattle off at least a couple names of DFed ones known to be living in the area who he thought were "worthy" of a visit. Here's a few things that would make you "unworthy".

1. Still living in sin. (Playing the Lotto, Smoking once a month, etc.)

2. Blowing your stack the last time you had contact with the elders. This would generally get you at least a 3-4 year reprieve, and a permanent one if you threatened violence.

3. Having Apostate views. (Scum of the earth not even worth mentioning.)

During my last year serving as an elder and 100% awakened to the cultish nature of JWism, I was assigned to call on a nice young man who was deemed to be a good possibility for reinstatement. He was DFed for doing what comes natural with the woman he loved, but had since married her and had a child. I wrestled a bit with whether or not to be the one to call him, but in the end I figured I was actually the best elder for the job. My plan was to be very kind, but to make sure not to heap ANY sort of guilt or judgement on him whatsoever. It was more like "Hey, are you happy with your current car insurance company? Yes? Oh, OK, just checking. How's the job at ________ working out?...."

When all was said and done I'm fairly certain he realized I was just doing a routine job for JW elders, and that I was genuinely happy that he was living a good, productive life free of the JWs.

He's still long gone. Good for him.

om

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit