To DF'd people: have you gotten your yearly visit? Ever?

by daringhart13 54 Replies latest jw friends

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

I'm really curious how many of those DF'd have ever received a yearly visit.......

• hotspur
    hotspur

5 years - still waiting!

• Rydor
    Rydor

A few months after I was DF'd in 2006 the elders called me and had me come to a meeting in which they essentially told me they screwed up and shouldn't have disfellowshipped me. But by that time I had already got me a wordly girlfriend and so, of course couldn't come back. Thank God for that, it bought me enough time to finally learn the "truth about the truth."

I haven't been contacted a single time since then.

• asilentone
    asilentone

I am not df'd. I am inactive, they are not doing a very good job.

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen

My elders said they can't do that.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Really, they are instructed to visit disfellowshipped and inactive ones and encourage them to come back.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Pitchess, they would not visit known apostates.

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

Wow, Rydor, I was amazed to read that - after having disfellowshipped you - the elders called you and summoned you for anothe meeting during which they admitted to having "screwed up" and to having had no legitimate grounds for disfellowshipping.

What amazes me most of all is that they even admitted it. I have never known the majorty of elders to possess heaping amounts of humility, or even tiny amounts.

Moreover, I am not familiar with the slander/libel laws in your area. However, it seems to me that the members of your jdicial committee may have been guilty of criminal negligence.

Did you ever discuss the matter with an attorney?

If it is not too personal and/or a painful subject for you to dscuss, I was wondering rhat hell could have induced these elders to apologize and admit that they had been incorrect in their assessment. And what about the fact the ole Joe Hoober's spirit is supposedly operative at such meeting, thus ensuring that no ssuch error can ever occur?

• misguided
    misguided

8 years and still no visit. Still residing in the same place...not that they can't find me. I thought they might come around from time to time to "encourage" my children, but that didn't happen either.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Inactive and no visit from elders since 2005. I wore my witchy stuff all over town and was seen by a few JW's. No call for a JC. Nothing. Nada.

I was abandoned out, so why would they want me back?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit