by Consfearacy 128 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wasblind
    wasblind

Zid , I'm a woman

• Essan
    Essan

Consfearacy said: "Essan didn't give me a smack down. "

LOL. I really did.

You don't like to admit losing a debate do you? But to be fair I certainly wasn't the only one. Your arguments were thoroughly debunked by at least half a dozen posters over two threads. It was an absolute rout and I was amazed to hear you spin this defeat here over at Topix as you supposedly "destroying" our counter-arguments. They didn't believe you there either though, "Christ Illusion". You also claimed there that Simon banned you because he "couldn't handle the truth" rather than because you were caught lying to people who know the workings and practices of the Society much better than yourself and who have done so for much longer.

Consfearacy said: "Essan didn't give me a smack down. He believes all of Christendom's churches are apostate, the great harlot in Revelation and true Christians are hidden and scattered abroad. Ask the St Anne if she agrees. No-one else believes that as all Christians here respect their church as gospel truth. Essan is a fraud."

And it's hilarious that you attempt to deflect from the "smack down" comment Palm made - which evidently really got to you - by immediately referring to something TOTALLY off topic but which you hope will sow dissent and somehow get people to turn on me. "He believes..." you say, as if it's somehow relevant, and then you misrepresent my beliefs in hope of making them seem controversial. Truly pathetic.

I'm quite happy to explain what I believe the Scriptures say. I don't need you to misrepresent for me, thanks.

I believe that JW's are just another Christian(ish) religion and are part of 'Christendom'. Nothing special, only really distinguished by their prominent role as a "False Prophet". I believe that the Scriptures clearly indicate that the foretold Apostasy which would swamp Christianity would continue right up until the End. Seeing as the end has not happened, I believe their can be no one "True Religion", no one pure Christian denomination today acting solely as "God's Organization". I think the visible organizations are pretty irrelevant man-made entities, Scripturally speaking, and that the "Body of Christ" is a spiritual body crossing denominational lines, and that true Christians worship "in spirit and truth", neither exclusively in this or that organizational "mountain". I see Christian denominations as like the congregations in Revelation, some fairly good, some not so good, some awful, such as JW's, but all flawed to varying degrees, because they are all composed of wheat and weeds to varying ratios and because as organizations they are man-made. True Christians are scattered like wheat among weeds in the "field", not only in any one denomination, and the "Master' forbids the separating of the wheat from weeds until the End. Actually, it's a fairly standard view among Christians that Christians of other denominations can also be acceptable to God so you are wrong to claim that all Christians think that only their religion is true and only their members are approved by God or can be saved. Even the once notoriously proud Catholics don't believe this.

Oh, and BTW, how am I a "fraud"? You didn't say.

See not so controversial, is it? Totally off topic of course. But then you did desperately want to switch the topic from your embarrassing "smack down".

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"LOL. I really did. You don't like to admit losing a debate do you? But to be fair I certainly wasn't the only one. You're arguments were thoroughly debunked by at least half a dozen posters over two threads. It was an absolute rout and was amazed to hear you spin your defeat here over at Topix as you supposedly "destroying" our counter-arguments. They didn't believe you there either though, "Christ Illusion". You also claimed there that Simon banned you because he "couldn't handle the truth" rather than because you were caught lying to people who know the workings and practices of the Society much better than yourself and for much longer.

And it's hilarious that you attempt to deflect from the "smack down" comment Palm made - which evidently really got to you - by immediately referring to something TOTALLY off topic but which you hope will sow dissent and somehow get people to turn on me. "He believes..." you say, as if it's somehow relevant and then you misrepresent my beliefs in hope of making them seem controversial. Truly pathetic.

I'm quite happy to explain what I believe the Scriptures say, in a thread where it's even vaguely on topic. I don't need you to misrepresent for me, thanks."

This thread has been ruined and not by me.

You lie...

In my letter I wrote you to quit mixing in company with fornicators, not [meaning] entirely with the fornicators of this world or the greedy persons and extortioners or idolaters. Otherwise, you would actually have to get out of the world. But now I am writing you to quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man. For what do I have to do with judging those outside? Do you not judge those inside, while God judges those outside? “Remove the wicked [man] from among yourselves.” 1 Corinthians 5:9-13

I haven't claimed to be a "true" Christian, I've just logically engaged different ones here and indicated you can find true Christians in any given Kingdom Hall. You claim to be a "true" Bible based Christian and at the same time you condemn the disfellowshipping arrangement. This is God's arrangement, not mans. If it wasn't for this arrangement you wouldn't likely find those that are trying to live up to their name. Those that have rejected God and have miserably failed manipulate this arrangement into a made man “sanction” as you say for self-serving purposes. This is the most difficult principle Jehovah's Witnesses have to confront especially when it comes to family. Case in point, I'm not shunning people here. You need to take this arrangement up with Jehovah and quit blaming others.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Holy smokes, Alice and Consfearacy on the same thread? LOL, this is what I love about this forum, you never know what to expect. Someone tell me so I don't have to go through every page on this thread as I hate looking at Rachel's cut and paste responses that rarely adress questions directed to her, but I have to know............ Did Alice have a conversation with Consfearacy LOL? Plenty of people talk to themselves, myself included. But talking to oneself on an internet message board is something I've never heard of.

• Essan
    Essan

Alice/Consfearacy said: "I haven't claimed to a "true" Christian, I've just logically engaged different ones here and indicated you can find true Christians in any given Kingdom Hall. You claim to be a "true" Bible based Christian...."

Can you quote me on that and provide a reference to where I claimed it? Thanks. Otherwise this is a false comparison to try to make between us in an attempt paint yourself as a humble scholar and myself as boastful.

But on that subject, you - as "Christ Illusion" - did make a claim over at Topix recently, as you derided another poster: "You're here as a malignant negative force and I'm here as an enlightening positive force" were your exact words.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/jehovahs-witness/TA7ER317CCO79K6RH/p2

Hmm. So apparently you do think rather highly of yourself.

You continue: "at the same time you condemn the disfellowshipping arrangement. This is God's arrangement, not mans."

I never condemned the arrangement as described in the Bible. I condemn the JW's disfellowshipping policy because it does not abide by the Scriptural arrangement and goes way "beyond what is written". There is a difference - a vast difference - between the BIBLE's "disfellowshipping arrangement" and the one the JW's practice. They're not the same at all. The unscriptural and cruel JW practice of disfellowshipping is man's, not God's. Start a thread on this and we can show you how.

You said: Those that have rejected God and have miserably failed manipulate this arrangement to a made man “sanction” as you say for self-serving purposes.

Wow. You really said it yourself. This sentence is completely correct, when applied to the Society. They have indeed manipulated and twisted this arrangement for "self-serving purposes" as a sanction to thought-control members, to hold their family and friends 'hostage' as leverage and to prevent their lies and errors from being exposed. It's sick and wholly unscriptural.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Misery,

go backand read the post, it's entertaining.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Alice Is consfearacy

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I've just logically engaged different ones here

Alice, you're so full of yourself.

I think I speak for most of us when I say, very little of what you have posted here follows any logic.

You've been told this many times here.

• Mythbuster
  • Essan
    Essan

Wow, Mythbuster, well spotted.

"Alice"/"Consfearacy"/"Christ Illusion", the occult, witch, smoking and crucifix avatared, Theosophy defending, Slayer promoting, multiple personality is certainly the weirdest JW 'loyalist' and Society defender I have ever come across.

She's so deeply weird and contradictory, I think I may actually be starting to like her. LOL

But it will have to be a love / hate thing, and I'll have to work the ratio out later

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit