Elder got df'ed

by XPeterX 36 Replies latest jw friends

• peacedog
    peacedog

I saw this scenario twice in my old hall.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I've seen a lot of divorces but here's a story that puts the cherry on the top:

An elder and his family moved to my cong and they seemed to be the ideal. Him and the wife had 6 kids and he was as super-nice, humble and "christ-like" as I've ever seen. I really liked the guy and his kids, the wife was a bit shy. He owned a window washing company. LOL

Cracks slowly started to appear. There seemed to be financial troubles; I heard something about a previous failed business. They had to move out of the nice house that they bought in our area after about a year and thus they moved out of our KH. When I saw them last, it was at a football party they had at their house. I sensed things were a bit "off". I later started hearing that there were some serious problems with the reationship and it got so bad that the wife started sleeping in the basement instead of his bed. I also heard he was no longer an elder, dunno whether he resigned or was "deleted".

The kicker: Months later I heard rumors that things weren't going so well for my cong's PO. I knew the PO and his wife from way back. He was a self righteous prick who was always "zealous in the Truth". He and the wife eventually became full time pioneers with the requisite parts time jobs. Unbeknownst to me and everyone else, their marriage was troubled too. The wife started having an affair with the previously mentioned "family man". -Isn't that great? *sarcasm*- I don't need to go into the subsequent divorces, DF's and devastation. The PO's wife and the so-called family man got married some time later. The congs, of course, were devastated and I really feel bad for the family man's ex-wife and kids. The now ex-PO suffered the expected humiliation, emotional devastation and shortly after was deleted as an elder himself. I haven't heard about what's happened since then and I don't give a shit.

How's that for a nice bedtime story?

V665

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I don't know where you all are from, but in my neck of the woods, this isn't very shocking at all. It seems to be approximately a monthly occurence around here.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Wow it must be bad in some locations. I have only heard of such atrosities happening but was never in a cong where it actually occurred.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Some names were mentioned in this thread.

Regardless of their actions, their real and full names should not be posted on a public forum.

-Aude.

• bobld
    bobld

AHA,what happened to the clean cong of JW.The one and only clean cong per the GB in HQ.What happened to all the happy happy only happy people in jw land.And you G&G just scratched the surface.

B

• sherah
    sherah

This scenario is so common in my area, no bats an eye. It has happened is every cong. i've been in. The damage is far-reaching, often time for years. The children in these messy situation suffer the most.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

People are people. There are plenty of people on this board whose marriages ended by adultery- theirs or their former mates.
    This is another example that elders are not spirit-appointed, just people. I hope the newlywed couple's presence drives the ex-wife out of that dangerous mind-control cult.

They supposedly have rules in place that will keep him from being an elder for a long time. Maybe he will enjoy the break.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

A couple I knew they were in their 50/60's - had been in the Org 35+ years - he was a long time elder, aux pioneers, lost some adult kids to disflwshping, financially very ok. She started struggling with her nerves and started drinking indoors. Next thing she's disfellowshipped. He takes off with a younger sister and then wife dies. Saddest thing was funeral that none of her JW family or friends went to. What an ending for her.

Loz x

• yknot
    yknot

Not in my KH....... Elder 'sins' have only been alcohol related.

That said all I got to say of the WTS in general is

""" This here is just a little Peyton Place and you all are a bunch of Harper Valley hypocrites!!""""

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit