Elder got df'ed

by XPeterX 36 Replies latest jw friends

• seenitall
    seenitall

Never forget when I was PO the number of elders, ms and pios who were partying, swapping, drunks, smoking, picking up hookers, etc. We had so many committee meetings that people had to take a number! We had about 4 or 5 matters going at a time during the late 90s. As my name says, I have seen it all. The child molesting (former - prior to 18 & baptism (sure) ms whose accusers were to terrified to confront him- all WT legal said - why is he a ms? I kid you not, that was all that was said, no followup reporting - I knew then I had to resign or get deleted (which happened) - another story later.

Juicy one from Bethel - the dentist and his wife lived off site in a house. One of the good farm boys would go over and service the wife at her house. The dumb dentist didn't have a clue. Thought she would stay at home during the day due to her time of the month or headaches! The dentist remained at Bethel, remarried and was even shown on a cover of Awake years ago.

Midnight feeler creeper - would sneek into married couples room when they were out for meeting or evening. Hid under the bed and when they were sleeping - "the feeler struck". The mornings after were great, the threats from the breakfast table - turn yourself in or we will DF you automatic! Such love and concern for the horny bros and the unsatisfied wives. Could go on for hours and could also write a book - but the horrors!

• StAnn
    StAnn

Aude, I don't see what difference it makes if names were mentioned in the thread. Their conduct was extremely public and they made no attempt to hide what they did. Everyone in their old and present cong. knows about it, as do their families and friends. It's not as if this was something secret or confidential. I really don't see the problem.

• ruruj
    ruruj

Then what is the use for disfellowshipping?

Hypocrisy ... shame-shame-shame on those promoting disfellowshipping and shunning.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

This happens all the time. I've seen it so often but it still makes me feel sick. The worst part is when the one who cheated marries the one he cheated with, then sits in the same KH as the ex wife. And because he's reinstated, everyone can talk to him, congratulate him on his new marriage and the poor ex wife has to suck it up and say nothing . My heart breaks for the one who did no wrong. If my ex came back parading a new wife, I am not sure how I'd react, I'd probably run away and cry .

A situation not so many years ago of a high ranking elder here who cheated on his wife with a pioneer, got reproved publicly, divorced the wife, married the new woman and all in time to see his child married in the KH. He was back serving as an elder within months of being married . To top it off, he stayed in the same congregation as his ex wife and everyone had to keep their mouths shut about what they thought of the situation, because he was an elder .

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

As OnTheWayOut said:People are people which means even JW's can screw it up.

• Peaches1978
    Peaches1978

Can'tleave, my issue is not that he can't remarry... it's the fact that he didn't even wait to grieave, he was so quickly to jump on someone else bones. a normal person would wait a bit.

• Scully
    Scully

StAnn writes:

Aude, I don't see what difference it makes if names were mentioned in the thread. Their conduct was extremely public and they made no attempt to hide what they did. Everyone in their old and present cong. knows about it, as do their families and friends. It's not as if this was something secret or confidential. I really don't see the problem.

What about employers, or potential employers? What about people who have the same names - imagine putting your husband's name into Google, and finding out that someone with the same name as him is a sex offender, or a bank robber, or a philanderer or something else that would damage your husband's reputation? Or, from a more sinister perspective, what about someone trying to steal their identities? Personal information like that, even if it is merely "known" and gossiped about locally, has a much broader and potentially damaging effect when it's published online. Anyone can Google a name and come up with anything that has been put on the internet about a person with that name. There is also the potential for a libel claim if you publish something derogatory about another person, even if it's true to the best of your knowledge, and then you'll be responsible for your legal fees, etc. involved in defending yourself or settling out of court.

The rule of thumb is that if you don't want "your" information to be in the public internet domain, then you should refrain from posting your acquaintances' names in a derogatory manner.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit