CO picked the wrong "old lady" to say this to!

by clarity 64 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

This was a good thread to resurrect.

It's a stilla problem and probably worse now as time marches on. Honestly, what's going to happen with the single elderly that end up in a home with no visitors?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

CLARITY:

I am glad this thread was resurrected.

I am single and know full well what you are talking about as to how they are viewed in this phoney brotherhood. I wasn't necessarily crying in my beer over my "plight" but I did have my eyes open in case a 'decent' guy should come along.

What I saw was that the good ones were taken and I didn't want what was left over. To add insult to injury, I was CRITICIZED because I work full-time AND they had the audacity to think I was going to be targeted to do favors!!

I wasn't having any of their garbage and as a result I am not interested in witnesses' hard luck stories! Let these pious hypocrites go ask the religion for money or call someone who cares.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I wonder if anyone noticed the irony of them wanting pioneers to stay single, but then they turn around and bash on Catholics for their celibacy.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

that's an interesting comparison

• whathappened
    whathappened

I remember so, so many single sisters and hardly any brothers. Some of the brothers were not interested in marriage, wanting to go to Bethel or pioneer. Finally, when a pretty enough sister came along, they would all cave in and marry.

They use to say from the platform that it was inner beauty that the sisters needed to concentrate on. I found this offensive, as none of the single sisters in the hall were unattractive and all possessed a great deal of inner beauty. What were they talking about? How hurtful this was, implying that the single sisters were not beautiful inside as well.

This religion is so full of miserable, lonely people. Some of the married ones are trapped because they are not allowed to divorce and remarry unless adultry is committed. That would mean one of the partners may have to get df'd for adultry. There are many traps in this cult.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Sisters have always been 2nd class citizens in this organization. Bethel really pushed the single brother thing until too many popped up at gay bath houses.

• clarity
    clarity

Oh wait a minute ! .... it is me on here ....

w ow, this must have been one of my first posts in 2010!

... seriously caliber, thanks for bumping it!

>

Honestly, around here the plight of the "Sacrificial Singles" ...is

sadly much worse!

>

On the rare occasion when I see them, ... they look so

resigned to their 'fate' and even worse ... so worn down!

>

For some people living alone 'works' for them, but for

JW's ... a husband or wife & maybe children ... is where

the action is.

>

If you are alone, as some posters have said ... singles

will never be on the A list when it comes to having a social

life! A single sister is pretty much SOL!

>

JW Sisters (mostly), get status & popularity thru a husband,

and the higher "up the ladder" he goes ... the higher

the prominence & awe she has!

>

These ones are quite invisable in the congregations.

At the best they can pioneer, this will give them a sense

of some importance at their special mtgs & when an ELDER

speaks to them.

>

Those with money are able to buy a bit of fawning attention.

>

Such an unnatural state to be kept in, by the religious ideology

of "marry only in the lord" (only in watchtower) & the foolish

cliquery of religious life!

>

However, even as these poor women look about ready to drop, they

still repeat, as a broken record, armageddon is right around the corner,

it won't be late! (huh?)

>

I guess all we can do, is diplomatically expose the false & failed doctrine

of jw's and happily live our own lives.

clarity... of the still single class

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

and if one of those lonely sisters end ups with a worldly mate, it seems the agenda is either to get the husband into a study, or to marginilize them

• stillin
    stillin

this is a thread with a lot of heart.

There's a sister in my cong. that has a stupid perverted husband. She has separated from him and now finds herself alone. I really feel for her because she only wants to have that perfect "good friend" husband. She can't divorce because he hasn't cheated so now she's just trying to be faithful for the rest of her life.

sheesh!

Hang in there clarity!

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

This is a sad thread. I have seen SOOO many sisters lives ruined. Ones with brains, education and spunk are frequently shunned by the JW men or handled as "not exemplary" by the Elder body.

If they are attractive some of the nervous JW wives never invite them to dinner or parties NEAR married men. If they are smart or educated many JW men feel intimidated or even consider them a "jezabel" influence.

If a single brother just wants to socialize, grab a burger or a movie the hall looks for a marriage proposal. WAY too much pressure for a light breezy "date" or innocent socialization.

In the work world I have female co-workers, bosses, Clients, vendors...it is NEVER weird like it was Dating or being single in JW land.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit