What's the biggest lie/rumor that has ever been told about YOU?

by VampireDCLXV 50 Replies latest jw experiences

• Maze
    Maze
    Most of us here know what a hypocritical, backstabbing bunch of gossips many of the JW's tend to be.

With a very few exceptions, in over 30 years, my experience has been that Jehovah's Witnesses are above all, trustworthy and genuine when it comes to friendship. It's also been my experience that those who turn their back on Jehovah's Organization do so out of selfish motives.

• pirata
    pirata
    Most of us here know what a hypocritical, backstabbing bunch of gossips many of the JW's tend to be.
    With a very few exceptions, in over 30 years, my experience has been that Jehovah's Witnesses are above all, trustworthy and genuine when it comes to friendship.

And reality lies somewhere in between those two statements.

• pirata
    pirata
    It's also been my experience that those who turn their back on Jehovah's Organization do so out of selfish motives.

Maze/Spade/Superspook: What exactly would you consider "selfish reasons"?

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

About 10 years ago this girl was all over me in a nightclub...unknown to me a couple of my ex jw mates had told her that i was well blessed...when we got back to hers, she was ever so disappointed...

• Maze
    Maze
    Maze/Spade/Superspook: What exactly would you consider "selfish reasons"?

Because they have more interest in things in the world than anything God has to offer.

Do not be loving either the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him;because everything in the world—the desire of the flesh and the desire of the eyes and the showy display of one’s means of life—does not originate with the Father, but originates with the world. Furthermore, the world is passing away and so is its desire, but he that does the will of God remains forever. 1 John 2:15-17

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Because they have more interest in things in the world than anything God has to offer.

Is God that boring?

• Terry
    Terry

I use to meet with my oldest friend (ex-best friend) once a month and catch up on old times.

He has always been a JW. He was my brother in law. He brought me in to the "Truth".

I was DF'd when I split with his sister (my wife) over alcoholism (on her part).

She later plowed into the back of a parked car while drunk (being chased by the cops). She died.

She never was even called up before the committe about her drinking. It might have saved her life. Maybe not.

But, I was the one DF'd. Go figure.

I was in California. He was in Texas.

When I moved back I was living in Fort Worth and he was living in Corpus Christi.

But, he moved back.

He looked me up. He knew I was DF'd but he sought ME out for lunch and conversations.

That's the set up.

During these conversations we ALWAYS got around to something or other having to do with JW's.

It was never a heated argument. I made sure of that. It was more of a factual give and take....and his opinions.

Okay, are you with me?

Here is where I slipped up. I would go on JWD and write about these conversations in detail.

Why not? They were interesting. How many of us get to even have ANY meaningful input from an active believing JW that isn't brief and full of rancor?

Anyway, eventually one of his five DF'd kids (yes, ALL of his kids were DF'd) saw my posts and reported back to him some of the things I quoted him as having said. These were things NOT complimentary about the Governing Body and the doctrinal changes. He said them and I reported what he said.

This put him in a bad spot. He would NEVER admit these things to his DF'd kids because he had always said just the opposite when arguing with them.

Ironically, the same doubts and complaints his kids had---HE HAD AS WELL--and he had obviously never admitted his doubts to them.

His son was really ticked off I suppose and confronted him.

This is where the TOPIC SUBJECT comes in to play. Being the honest, courageous christian man he is---HE LIED about ME and said I was the rascal

making things up. He told his whole family and anybody who would listen.

This got back to me.

I was criticised for posting these conversations in the first place.

Okay. I probably should NOT HAVE. But, I did. And, since I'm a jerk--I'm NOT sorry about it. So there.

But, the interesting fallout over this---is that HE, the amazingly consistent JW--LIED ABOUT ME LYING! To protect himself, of course.

If I'm bad; he's a hypcrite. I don't care which is worse.

The more I thought about this the angrier I got. Eventually I let it go.

Since we didn't talk again for a couple of years--I let it pass.

When his mom died (before the revelation) I was INVITED TO THE JW FUNERAL even though I am DF'd because I was a lifelong family friend.

But, after this revelation, when his father died I WAS NOT invited. I went anyway and my "friend" left early so as to not be there when I arrived.

Eventually, a couple of years later...my Aunt died. Since he works at the funeral home and was the guy who sold my Aunt the pre-paid burial policy he was there to "help". He was great. My cousin and I consulted and he sat in and helped out. We all actually laughed together.

He offered to officiate at the gravesite ceremony.

Okay. We were childhood friends. He knew my Aunt for years and years. We all grew up together.

My cousin and I said, "Yes."

Guess what kind of service he gave?

Yep--you got it: a JW funeral service!

Sigh......My Aunt was NEVER a JW.

It was awkward.

I was pissed.

My cousin was okay with it and it was her mother....so....that's that.

This is a very long answer to a short question.

I just thought I would share it because sometimes our ties with our former "brothers" is very deep and very complicated.

Right now it is LOVE/Hate/puzzlement.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Maze's reason why people leave the JW's:

You've been here too long and read too much to spout that nonsense.

You are merely repeating what you've been TOLD is the reason why people leave. Your masters love to tell you that everyone who leaves, leaves to have wild sex with everyone they can, does drugs, lives a totally debauched life - and you are nothing but an idiot drone who eats up whatever lies are spoon-fed to you.

Did you miss the thread ( or just ignore it? ) where MANY here shared their reasons for leaving?

The #1 reason?

Lack of love in the organization.

Smarten up, already.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Jw are true friends thats funny

The car groups out in service are the most Vile Gossip mongers from what I remember....

While Married in the Truth....

I was the biggest Male Whore that lived in Boston!!

I screwed so many women I completely lost count.......

In reality I was the Poster Child of Monogamy.

The Ex was the one who is still a JW and was the little Slut LOL!!

• tracylee
    tracylee

There was a rumor being spread that I was a hooker in Vegas, and that I moved there to be a prostitute.

I was living in Las Vegas for the summer because that's where my DAD lived (my parents were divorced). I mean, that rumor was LAUGHABLY wrong! How could anybody even keep a straight face while repeating something so obviously contrived?

Then there were also the generic one-size-fits-all JW gossip about how I was sleeping with worldly guys, doing drugs, and boozing it up.

There was also a rumor that I was crazy and schizophrenic.

When I moved out of my mom's house to get away from the abuse (I was beaten, starved, forced to sleep in the cold, and my mother actually threatened to kill me for disobedience at that point)... my mom told everyone that I RAN AWAY FROM HOME. Like a classic rebellious teen throwing a tantrum. In reality, I had contacted a social worker and a low cost attorney and started the emancipation process, and told my mother I would agree to live with her again if we got family counseling. She pretended to agree, but then just had me dragged into the back room with the elders to be yelled at and told that everything was MY fault and that I was abusing MY MOM, and not the other way around. She never even set anything up with a counselor, and that was the last chance I was willing to give her. I went to court and finished the process, and was for most purposes considered an adult and independent of my mother. She didn't want her reputation to be damaged, so she of course villainized me and told everyone I ran away like an immature whiny brat who didn't get her way.

Then, at the new congregation I moved to, rumors still followed me! The elders dragged me into that cozy little back room I was so familiar with, and demanded to know my "criminal history". Since I had been to court, it could ONLY be because I committed a crime, according to them. So, in my new congregation, I was a criminal, in spite of the fact that there was no evidence of any crime, no court record, NOTHING.

And, my best friend's mom (also a JW) didn't believe I was a virgin, and demanded to physically check my dainty little girl parts, I kid you not. And of course my refusal to allow her to violate me like that was used as evidence of my guilt. Because in JW Land, you are guilty until proven innocent. And even then you can still be declared guilty anyway.

Such fond memories. Why did I ever leave? Oh right... for selfish reasons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit