What's the biggest lie/rumor that has ever been told about YOU?

by VampireDCLXV 50 Replies latest jw experiences

• Violia
    Violia

Once they decide you are not one of them - you are open season for gossip. I wish I'd had a fraction of the fun my reputation has had.

• ramtrucker
    ramtrucker

One of the earliest rumors/gossip was that my first wife and I had premarital sex. We were married on Feb. 4th 1961 and she delivered our first son, premature at 6 months pregnancy in late December of that same year.

Some years later at a different congregation an older "sister", spread rumors that I had an affair with her son's ex-wife. Nothing of the sort took place. Those things started my drift away from the JW's, although I continued maintaining a presence, going to Memorials and Circuit and District Assemblies until my first wife filed for a divorce from me early in 1999.

After the divorce I married, "out of the truth", so that made me an adulterous husband of course. None of her family know the truth, that she left me for a fellow she met on the internet who promised her a new home and new car. He never followed through with the promises after she came home from spending 5 days with him and announced she loved him and wanted a divorce. What a laugh now, but a huge loss at the time, as I'd known her family since I was ten years old.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

I was dying of AIDS.

That one was .........

from the friends

• looloo
    looloo

there has been a few , but the worst one was that i got my child to make up sexual abuse over a long period of time ,and even though two jw women came forward also with claims they were also abused by the same man , a few in the congregation have still slandered me and not the paedophile ! even after he was sent to prison , im worse than him because im "apostate " cant reason with morons like that ! even the elders were on my side (or maybe trying to keep me sweet , knowing the damage to the org i could cause !)

• cantleave
    cantleave

cant reason with morons like that

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!! Apostates are the spawn of Satan himself, child abusers are just sinners. What a sick cult.

• undercover
    undercover

I pretty much don't give a damn what they think about me. I don't hear too much what anyone says about me from the JW world, but what little snippets I hear from time to time makes me wish I was having as much (illicit and immoral) fun as they accuse me of having...

• Quentin
    Quentin

(James_Slash)"... They couldn't understand how I couldn't put this whole episode behind me and move on. They never do, thing is, if it were one of them they would howl at the moon about how unfair it was that a pack of lies was being spread around. You do it, and you gotta move on brother/sister be more theocratic, yadda, yadda. Went to an elder about Kathy's friend. Got the BIG BRUSH OFF, along with the usual wait on j, so on, so on, so on....

Do they really think I could sit with these people singing praises to Jehovah and being a robot to the WTBTS after what they put me through? You bet, only way you can show how theocratic you are, suffer in silence, thing is, usually makes the gossip/slander more intense, never stops.

One thing I learned was not care what others thought. If they like me fine, if not, fine as well. Your true friends and family will stick, no matter what, learned that as well.

• donuthole
    donuthole

Biggest lie/rumour? The completely unoriginal --

"He started his own religion."

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Quite a few interesting stories here so far. I wanna bump this and see if any newbies or oldies alike care to share...

V665V665

• scooterspank
    scooterspank

I don't think my mother ever spread this but I had been out for a few years. I was roommates with my best friend who happened to be ten years older than me. For some reason this led my mother to believe I was a lesbian. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... I still give her hell about that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit