What's the biggest lie/rumor that has ever been told about YOU?

by VampireDCLXV 50 Replies latest jw experiences

• man in black
    man in black

when I was a teenager, most of the witness kids were real party - people. I went along, but actually had a very hard time adjusting to this way of life.

I was raised Catholic, and I was quite a homebody who was quite boring I worked, went to school and the meetings.

One time many of the kids were caught by the elders (I don't remember why).

And when all of my so called "friends" got nailed, they just ignored me totally, at schoo/hall/service because I was not included in the group who was caught.

It may not have been a rumour, but as a teenager it was like salt in a wound for a long time

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

unfortunately since I am out of the Borg I am not privy to hearing the juicy rumors about me. I do have a friend that was DF'd a couple of years back when I was still in & people were saying that she was sleeping around with the town "cops" and hanging out in bars and obviously on drugs because she was getting so skinny. Maybe she was getting skinny because of all the hell she was going through being hounded and kicked out, loosing her kids to the Borg (they opted to go live with a JW cousin because they were afraid of her new boyfriend). Idiots!!!!!

I think about looking her up once in a while but I have no idea where she moved too...pity

Welcome Vampire!

CHG

• James_Slash
    James_Slash

Welcome Vampire.

Interesting to hear your story.

Like many have already said, you had a narrow escape. Below I will tell you why.

I'm sure many rumours have gone around about me. I'm probably referred to as the wife-beater by some after a so-called 'sister' and her JW family accused me of being many of the same things as you - controlling, aggressive, violent, unpredictable. We were married for two years, had a little girl and my whole world was turned upside down.

The truth is I had started to see through the WTBTS long before our split and I was a regular visitor to this site. I used to relay a lot of things to her which I could tell she felt uncomfortable about.

She used to tell her Nan a lot of things I used to say. Her nan is a hardcore JW - she would NEVER question anything the borg says or dare to go against what Elders told her. A lot of her family, especially the women, had long-term mental issues - none of them could hold a relationship down and had broken marriages behind them.

This was a fault on my part. My ex-wife would often tell me of the abuse she suffered at the hands, both sexual and physical at the hands of family and other people. I guess it was only a matter of time before I was accused and so it came to be. But that is what is being called 'naive' is.

Following our separation, her nan told me that our marriage had failed because "I hadn't followed the truth". What a load of tripe. They influenced my ex-wife, took my daughter away from me and subsequently tried to brainwash her into JW thinking.

This was all reported to the Bethel by my Mom - also a JW. She was also falsely accused of abusing my daughter by my ex-wife and her family. Nothing was done. The Bethel think slander and gossip is obviously ok. They just told my Mom the classic line to "leave things to Jehovah" and work on her own spirituality.

Anyway, my ex-wife left the organisation also and went to live with a man 100+ miles away from her family. At least I see my daughter now away from these cretins.

What made me laugh is that many so-called JW friends encouraged me to return to the org. They couldn't understand how I couldn't put this whole episode behind me and move on. Do they really think I could sit with these people singing praises to Jehovah and being a robot to the WTBTS after what they put me through?

Anyway, I met a wonderful person who I have been in a relationship with for over two years. We have a 11 months old son and are very happy - a lot happier than I ever was married to a nutball JW with issues. It just goes to show that you don't need the WTBTS to have a happy family life.

• zoiks
    zoiks

St. Ann - I'm so sorry that you experienced gossip/ slander at the hands of your own family! Wow. I know that my family talks about me behind my back, but I also know that they keep it amongst themselves.

The one rumor that really hurts and makes me angry is that I am cheating on my wife. That one kills me. Apparantly my in-laws had heard it months ago, and BELIEVED IT. Waited almost two months, then my MIL confronted me in private. I was able to allay her fears (I think), but OH MY GOD these people are vicious!

The irony is that those who were spreading the rumors were the same ones who had urged her to leave me when I confessed my doubts about the org. Now they have only succeeded in pushing her further away.

• watersprout
    watersprout

The biggest lie told about me??? Well let me think!!!

Right from when i was a little girl i was bullied in the borg. I was known as a big mouth which doesn't seem like much but when your 8 it's a big thing.

Always had nasty rumours being spread about me. The best one was i couldn't get a boyfriend because i was wierd??? And that i would get any lads interested in me in trouble with the elders! Whatever! Reputation of a slut! lmao!

I was bullied at 15 and called these names.

Bitch, lesbian, bankok chick boy, freak, trouble maker, shit stirrer, fat ugly cow, munter to name a few. The othere names i can't post as they are too disgusting. These were by elders kids i might add. The lies never stopped! I had rumours spread about me that spread into different circuits and had people avoid me i had never met before because of the ''bad association'' label i had! And yet still i went! WTF!

I met my now hubby and his family regularly like to humiliate me so i did the Non christian think and i have shunned them. They no longer exist like all the jw's and it feels great!

The latest rumours are i have become a buddist and that i am apostate! Oh and i have corrupted my hubby and daughter! I think the best one has to be that i am a JW hater and evil! These rumours by people i thought were my friends.... Mind you nothing surprises me anymore.

I would like to add that i am not or never been a fat ugly bitch, infact i am a sexy piece of ass and it has taken me until i was 30 to realize that. The intense therapy helped!

• zoiks
    zoiks

Watersprout - Good for you! Forget them...

• finallyfree!
    finallyfree!

Dodged a missile there didn't ya! Lol! Ur better off WITHOUT her. Trust me from experience. My story is kinda along the same lines. Long story short I work in sales and have to travel on occasion. My jdub wife (now my ex) and her kniving family started a rumour about me when I decided I had enough of her that I was having an affair with another woman in another city. I have NEVER cheated on my wife or anything ever! I find myself ESPECIALLY good considering she only gave me my marital dues every couple months(no joke) that being said, maybe it was her subconcious nagging at her that if she didn't shape up that's what would happen. Anyway, I know this because when I had my JC the elders said they had circumstantial evidence that I may have been doing this since she wasn't bangin me and I was staying overnight in another city on occasion for work. Wtf! Good thing they don't encourage pursuit of higher education, they'd make LAME lawyers.

• finallyfree!
    finallyfree!

Dodged a missile there didn't ya! Lol! Ur better off WITHOUT her. Trust me from experience. My story is kinda along the same lines. Long story short I work in sales and have to travel on occasion. My jdub wife (now my ex) and her kniving family started a rumour about me when I decided I had enough of her that I was having an affair with another woman in another city. I have NEVER cheated on my wife or anything ever! I find myself ESPECIALLY good considering she only gave me my marital dues every couple months(no joke) that being said, maybe it was her subconcious nagging at her that if she didn't shape up that's what would happen. Anyway, I know this because when I had my JC the elders said they had circumstantial evidence that I may have been doing this since she wasn't bangin me and I was staying overnight in another city on occasion for work. Wtf! Good thing they don't encourage pursuit of higher education, they'd make LAME lawyers.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

I had the same as BorgHater, I was married and had my first baby within 10mths...so people assumed that's why we'd gotten married. Idiots! Guess they've never heard of honeymoon babies!

The next rumour was one my ex circulated after he left me, was that I was dating. He even managed to get some guys foto and send that around to people I knew. What the hell?! When I found out, the foto was of a male friend I'd had in highschool and hadn't seen in the flesh for 15yrs ! I still can't figure that one out, why he'd lie like that. I should've had him for slander at the time, given I was still a JW. For the record, I still haven't seen that dude since highschool!

• dutchstef
    dutchstef

My evil stephmother who is a JW and I hate her told the biggest lie about me.

A few years ago I needed some administrational papers from me , who were still in my fathers possesion.

I called him ans made a appointment to pick them up. But when I came by. My dad wasn't at home and only my stephmom was there.

She did not want to let me in and said she didn't knew anything about a appointment. After a while it became into a verbale fight and I left.

But she told other JW's that I came to the house and demolished things in the house! I found out by my real mother.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit