Yes, the WTBTS "Power" Really IS Powerful, More Than Most Imagine...

by AGuest 46 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

for they, alone, have apparently been able to do for some what no other religion, teaching, philosophy, belief, or faith, was able to do: turn some completely away from the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies.

May you all have peace...

Of course, such ones may want to attribute their "change of heart" to something they call "atheism", but that really isn't the truth. Atheism didn't call them; atheism was simply the final "oasis" to which they fled when the WTBTS proved itself to be a "waterless region"... a wasteland... desolate. A hiding place for jackals. True, they got OUT of her... but only to end up in another "scorched", dry, land... another waterless desert. I say "scorched" because for all of the "pretty" words... I still see the same thing I saw in her: the dry "dust" of anger and chagrin... because what was PROMISED... what was being HOPED for and WAITED on... never "sprouted." And so a great weeping and gnashing of the teeth. But... no water... and thus, no produce such as would one find in a well-watered region.

Ah, well, I can only say to those who wish it, those who ARE "thirsting," there really IS One who imparts LIVING water... which water bubbles up IN one to impart everlasting life... in a future time... and good "fruit" now. And that he and his Bride are STILL saying:

"Come!"

I say this because THIS water... is free!" There is no cost... and absolutely NO pain added with it. To one's flesh... OR one's spirit. Rather, there is only refreshment... for both.

I bid you all peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Hearing Voices – Underpinnings of Auditory Hallucinations | Brain Blogger
    Full article here: Hearing Voices – Underpinnings of Auditory Hallucinations Brain Blogger:

"Hearing Voices – Underpinnings of Auditory Hallucinations
    September 22, 2009 By Dirk Hanson, MAcloseDirk Hanson, MA Name: Dirk Hanson
    Site: http://addiction-dirkh.blogspot.com/

About: Dirk Hanson is a freelance science writer and the author of 'The Chemical Carousel: What Science Tells Us About Beating Addiction.' He is also the author of ''The New Alchemists: Silicon Valley and the Microelectronics Revolution.'' He has worked as a business and technology reporter for numerous magazines and trade publications. He currently edits the Addiction Inbox blog. Share, Save, and Bookmark

In “The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind,” Julian Jaynes suggested back in 1976 that schizophrenia — like spirit possession and imaginary playmates — was a vestige of our brain’s bicameral heritage. Jaynes believed that in man’s early history, the left and right hemispheres of the brain did not “talk” to each other. They failed to communicate effectively across the corpus callosum, the bridge from one hemisphere to another. The result was, to Jaynes, obvious: People used to hear voices. Nowadays, most people who hear voices inside their head are diagnosed as schizophrenics."...

The past few years have also seen the development of a radical counter-movement that seeks to normalize the act of hearing voices. The movement is said to have originated in the Netherlands and the U.K. Intervoice, which bills itself as “the international community for hearing voices,” says they have found that many people who hear voices “are not troubled by them or have found their own ways of coping with them outside of psychiatric care.” Those voice hearers who are “overwhelmed by the negative and disempowering aspects of the experience” are often diagnosed as schizophrenics — “a harmful and stigmatizing concept,” in the opinion of Intervoice.

Working across the world to spread positive and hopeful messages about the experience of hearing voices Posted by INTERNATIONAL HEARING VOICES MOVEMENT at 2:40 PM 0 comments
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Ah, well, I can only say to those who wish it, those who ARE "thirsting," there really IS One who imparts LIVING water... which water bubbles up IN one to impart everlasting life...

I say this because THIS water... is free!"

Yes, "spiritual water" will really quench everyone's thirst soon.

This is Aquarius, the water bearer, pouring out spiritual water:

We are in the dawning of the age of Aquarius. The ruler of Aquarius is Uranus. (Snicker, snicker at the insider joke there...imagine Outlaw's Muttley here.)
    Its symbol represents water, a universal image which dates back into prehistory. This will also be recognized in the Egyptian hieroglyph representing the same. The association in Aquarius is that of the servant of humanity pouring out the water of knowledge to quench the thirst of the world. These symbolic waves of water, share the dual expression of vibrational waves of electricity or parallel lines of force.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9oq_IskRIg

When the moon is in the Seventh House And Jupiter aligns with Mars Then peace will guide the planets And love will steer the stars This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius Age of Aquarius Aquarius! Aquarius! Harmony and understanding Sympathy and trust abounding No more falsehoods or derisions Golden living dreams of visions Mystic crystal revelation And the mind's true liberation Aquarius! Aquarius! When the moon is in the Seventh House And Jupiter aligns with Mars Then peace will guide the planets And love will steer the stars This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius Age of Aquarius Aquarius! Aquarius! Let the sun shine, Let the sun shine in The sun shine in Let the sun shine, Let the sun shine in The sun shine in Let the sun shine, Let the sun shine in The sun shine in Let the sun shine, Let the sun shine in The sun shine in Let the sun shine, Let the sun shine in The sun shine in Let the sun shine, Let the sun shine in The sun shine in Let the sun shine, Let the sun shine in The sun shine in Let the sun shine, Let the sun shine in The sun shine in Let the sun shine, Let the sun shine in The sun shine in Let the sun shine, Let the sun shine in The sun shine in Let the sun shine, Let the sun shine in The sun shine in 
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

In order to be Jehovah`s Witness`s

Both you OTO and Six of Nine.....Would have had,to believe in a spirit world..

You both came up short with Jehovah`s Witness`s..LOL!!..

That religion is simply nuts..

If you do believe in Jesus..

Why is it such a stretch to believe that Jesus can talk to you if he wants?..

I`m not a Christian..I don`t hear voices..

But..

I can`t prove other people don`t have relationship with a reality outside of the normal world..

Neither can either of you..

Why do you feel that it`s necessary to making a point,of attacking people that do?..

..........................OUTLAW

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

W e all talk to ourselves. If you drop a plate of food in your lap at a holiday gathering, you might think to yourself, "Boy, what a jerk I am." But you know you have a medical problem if a mysterious voice in your head suddenly replies, "Yes, you are."

"Hearing voices can be a serious symptom of psychosis or neurological impairment. It shouldn't be taken lightly," says Paul Fink, M.D., chairman of psychiatry at Albert Einstein Medical Center in Philadelphia.

Some doctors suspect that imaginary voices are actually a person's own inner thoughts, which for some reason develop a distinct pattern that the person identifies as a separate voice or voices. "When people with serious mental illnesses hear voices, they believe that the voices are real. They'll say, 'There's a voice telling me I should kill myself,' or 'There's a man telling me to kill my mother,'" Dr. Fink says. "They don't think it's a hallucination, and they feel like they have to do what the voice says."

More often than not, hearing voices is a symptom of schizophrenia, a serious mental illness that usually appears in early adulthood. But it also could be a sign of mania, Alzheimer's disease, depression or drug and alcohol abuse. On the other hand, it could be something as simple as a defective hearing aid or a side effect ofmedication.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

SixofNine..

Without a doubt there are crazies who need medication..

But..Not everyone is Crazy..

Is there no room for another reality outside our normal world?..

One that may be more fantastic than our wildest dreams?..

The Universe is a very large place..LOL!!

......................OUTLAW

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

But..Not everyone is Crazy..

I don't know that "crazy" is a helpful descriptor. I wouldn't go so far as to say that everyone is mentally ill, but I do think that we all have bouts of mental illness; just like we all get colds or flu, and a heck of a lot of us have chronic mental issues.

I'm sure there are many people out there who hear voices who you, Outlaw, would call "crazy". Why you make an exception for AGuest has much more to do with you and your personal brand of exceptionalism than it does with the particulars of AGuest' psychosis.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Well said Six. I am not slinging "crazy" around either (on the other threads where I addressed the same issue that Six is addressing here).

Do I "know" that AG doesn't hear the actual voice of her lord? Do you "know" that a giant teacup is not in orbit around the sun or that unicorns do not exist? You believe it, you suspect it, you reason on it, but you don't "know" it for a fact. But if anyone is making decisions based on what an invisible pink unicorn is saying, I would warn them of the discoveries/beliefs of the medical field.

As far as my posting information on the coming age of Aquarius, it demonstrates something just as rational and with just as much positive evidence as AG's Holy One of Israel, Jah of Armies, that can quench the thirst of all those atheists dying in their mirage oasis. AG spoke of water first. I just offer other thoughts just as possible.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Outlaw... the greatest of love and peace to you, dear one!

Please, PLEASE... do not worry yourself about what dear Six and OTWO have to say to/about me. They are right in their protest, to some degree. They were seriously misled by those who claim to know and follow God (as most of us here were)... but who were lying. The reality of this HURTS. BAD. Everyone who has experienced it knows that pain, even you and I. Unfortunately, the "wound" left by this hasn't truly healed for some, contrary to what they want others to believe, and so they are yet in pain. And how does a wounded animal act? And we are animals, so far as science defines that term.

Their... ummmm... conduct and attitude, therefore, is MUCH more and easier explanable than what they attribute to me. Although they point the finger at me, they would most probably benefit from some... ummmm... counseling themselves, indeed MUCH more than I. Just to get over their anger... and chagrin... at the realization that they really aren't as smart as they think... and certainly THOUGHT... for if so, according to what they say in their threads, they would NEVER have even BEEN misled. They never would have believed the lies and hype, ever, at all. Smart people such as them DON'T. But... THEY DID and WERE. And that is a very bitter reality to them, one they cannot hide: that they, too, at one time were unreasonable and irrational in their thinking. Problem is... they believe they no longer are. But their words and conduct are evidence that nothing has really changed: they really are no different now than they were as JWs. They just think they know "more" now.

That can't be true, however, because if they were they would see that I am no threat... to them... or anyone. Yet, their PARANOIA, which resulted from their previous experience, is manifest and their fear palpable. They believe they are "free"... but the truth is that they are still bound... by their own fear... resulting from their own small and closed minds. Fear of what? Of the unknown: since THEY don't know it/of it... it MUST NOT BE. Because, of course, THEY know everything and of everything.

But counseling wouldn't change a single thing with me, unfortunately (for their position), because the really is nothing "wrong" with me. I am not psychotic, schizophrenic, bipolar, manic... or even depressed. I rarely even GET depressed (not even once monthly!) because life IS good for me, not because I invented that good, but because it really IS. Christ does NOT require us to "suffer" the way the WTBTS teaches... a loveless, faithless, unkind, impatient, JOYLESS life. I never bought into that; indeed, THAT life depressed me. If I ever needed counseling, it was then... because I could not reconcile the love of God... which I KNEW existed... with the LACK of love that I saw and experienced. That love (of God)... has been shown to ME, however, and given ME... by Christ.

So that, unlike dear OTWO, Six, and those like them, I am not angry with anyone, including the WTBTS. Why in the world would I waste my energy on such? Why would I "sully" myself with that? They are NOT worth a second of my breath, let alone what it takes to be... and stay... angry with them. Nor am I angry with OTWO, Six... or those like them. themselves. I understand where THEY are coming from - it is THEY who do not understand me... or, unlike you... even wish to. I truly WISH they knew what I know, however, and hear what I hear, see what I am privileged to see. If they did, they would be right here sharing the same things that I am, I have absolutely NO doubt. And being subjected to the same "judging" and ridicule that they put upon me.

BUT... do not think my Lord leaves me out here alone, dear one - he absolutely does NOT. HE provides help for me directly... guiding me as to what to respond, to whom, and when... and telling me to "Take heart" because while the world WILL take issue with those who belong to him for standing up, standing firm, and speaking the TRUTH, he has "conquered the world." So, that I have nothing to fear from THEM; rather, it is they who fear ME... and their words, comments, and conduct demonstrate that.

And yet, even if he didn't provide such directly, I have his recorded words, particularly:

“Happy are YOU when people reproach YOU and persecute YOU and lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against YOU for my sake. 12 Rejoice and leap for joy, since YOUR reward is great in the heavens; for in that way they persecuted the prophets prior to YOU . Y OU are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its strength, how will its saltness be restored? It is no longer usable for anything but to be thrown outside to be trampled on by men. Y OU are the light of the world. A city cannot be hid when situated upon a mountain.People light a lamp and set it, not under the measuring basket, but upon the lampstand, and it shines upon all those in the house.Likewise let YOUR light shine before men, that they may see YOUR fine works and give glory to YOUR Father who is in the heavens."

So, please... do not worry for me, dear Outlaw: my LORD... is my strength... and my rod... and so I lean upon him. When I get "tired" of the "fighting"... I simply look to him for refreshment... and I receive it. Because of this, I have become of the sort to NOT shrink back or curl up in a ball crying, "Whyyyyy? Why are they picking on me??" I KNOW why they are: because of who and what I am... what I say as a result... and their FEAR of that. And this cannot be changed, so long as I am in the flesh. If dear OTWO, Six, or others like them didn't try to "test" me... others would. Because that is what THIS life is all about: answering the challenge made by our Adversary (the "pokings" of which often come through those who allow themselves to be used as HIS agents)... that all God needs to do is let us stand on our own and because we are such weak, whiney, selfish and self-serving crybabies... we WILL curse Him to His face... in the instant the going gets tough.

However, I intend to live my life... to its very END, dear one... denouncing that lie. For me... and for MY household. What others do or not do, say or not say, and even say about me... is of absolutely NO consequence to me because I don't live FOR them... or by means of them. I live for the One who gave HIS life for me... my Lord, the Holy One of Israel, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, who is the Son and Christ of the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, who is the One HE loves... and by means of him. And I stand CLEAN... in my heart AND my spirit... before them both.

As always, I bid you the GREATEST of love and peace, my dear friend, now... and to time indefinite!

I remain YOUR servant... and a slave of Christ, the Tree of Life,

SA, a mere twig of a branch in that Tree

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good morning Sixofnine..

Why you make an exception for AGuest has much more to do with you and your personal brand of exceptionalism than it does with the particulars of AGuest' psychosis.....Six of nine

Your right..I do make an exception for Shelby..

She wants nothing from anyone nor does she hurt anyone..

I simply see no reason for her not to express her beliefs..As odd as they seem to alot of people,including myself..

There are others on this board who share her beliefs..They are`nt doing any harm either..

OTO..

Good morning!

Yes your right,none of this can be proven..

Thats why I`m agnostic..

Is there a God?..Is there a Jesus..I don`t know..

Shelby seems to think she knows and thats fine with me..

Its pointless trying to disprove,something that can`t be proven..

Thats why..I wonder why..Some people work so hard at it..

Good Morning Shelby!..

Although I`m not a believer..You and I have been friends for a long time..

I like you just the way you are..I wouldn`t change a thing..

And..

I`m going to have a beer for all three of you later this afternoon..

LOL!!..

..............OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit