Tired JWs

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

yup...b4 u know it, you're 2 old 2 care!

• cantleave
    cantleave

I think many have just got onto a routine that would leave an almighty vacuum if it was removed. They are scared of what would fill that vacuum. Rather than face their fears they just keep going along with routine to the point of fatigue.

Even the org recognises this - that's why there are few and shorter meetings.

• minimus
    minimus

Cantleave, well said!

JWs are always scared of what could be.

• blondie
  • ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

It's just a fear-based doomsday cult, a dime a dozen, but this one is very believable to the spiritual-minded but uneducated. It's the ultimate golden calf, because it keeps a person away from true spirituality, things the JW's call the "occult". All the word means is "hidden", and to them, the secrets of the kingdom are indeed behind the veil.

PS

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I tell you what, there is nothing more grand than coming home from work on a meeting night and not going. Or sleeping in on a Saturday morning. Saturday mornings it takes every bit of emotion I can muster to meet at the group. But the mornings when I sleep in, especially in the Fall and Winter........my my my.

• minimus
    minimus

I feel bad for those that still go to meetings.

• ziddina
    ziddina

NowAndThen,...

DYNAMITE post!!! dynamite

Zid

• EmergedAsMe
    EmergedAsMe

I agree... being tired, bored and not mentally challenged were all factors in me waking up.

When you are still young and realize this life ahead of you has nothing to look forward to. As a born in there is a time when you realize there is nothing else, your life is just a giant hamster wheel that you run on but get nowhere... As my brother (who also left) said to me – "there comes a time where you are almost looking for a reason to escape because the JW life is just so boring and depressing!"

• minimus
    minimus

What a hopeless way of living.

Instead of wanting to live NOW, JWs stress living later. I'll take now, thank you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit