Tired JWs

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• pirata
    pirata

The acknowledge this in some of the Kingdom songs:

Song 68: A Prayer of the Lowly One: "My wounds are deep and slow to heal; my load is hard to bear. Despondent thoughts and disappointed hopes have left me weak."

Song 91: My Father, My God and Friend: "Life in this world can be hard. Life in this world can bring tears and pain. Still ev'ry day I will say, "My life is not in vain. (CHORUS). Gone are the days of my youth; Days of calamity now are here..."

Of course the rest of those songs encourage showing how Jehovah will support us.. but it's evidently enough of a problem to get specific mention in the new songs.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Just had a thought after reading Pirata's post. One of the public talk outlines I have touches on Jehovah giving power to the those needing it. One of the verses recomended to use is Isaiah 40:28-31 where it talks about Jehovah giving power to the weak, and renewing the strength of those hoping in the Lord.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Pessimism will do that to you.

If you spend all your time looking on the bad side of life, it iwill wear you down. I have several that are examples of this.

• hoser
    hoser

The funny thing is that the way the JW's spin it is:

Living in this wicked old system is wearing you out. The pressures of earning a living in this old world and dealing with the wickedness makes YOU tired.

THEREFORE: preach more

study more

comment more

associate with the brothers more

funny they always have someway to blame us for our problems when in fact they are the ones causing them.

• minimus
    minimus

they suck!!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

When I was a witless, I noticed the same trend. Even during the late 1980s, things seemed to run into each other. You never had Christmas or holidays to break things up, and the REJECT Jesus Party is exactly the same every year. They tried telling me that pio-sneering was a brand new experience and that I should try it--I realized that it was nothing more than spending all, not just most, of my time in field circus. And, it got worse during the 1990s--to this day, I have difficulty differentiating between around mid 1992 through late 1994 because of them.

And, it has gotten worse. During the late 1990s, I would occasionally see witlesses working territory on my way back home from work. However, during the late 2000s, such is extremely rare. Even during their waste of paper distribution campaigns (for which they are supposed to come out when they are not normally out, and stay out longer than normal), it is very thin turnout. Since 2006, I have yet to receive even one waste of paper; my whole apartment complex (not even a gated community, at that) has been skipped each and every time. They don't even leave their wastes of paper in the bulk mail bins.

If I am going to work those hours, I would rather be setting up "sun worship" decorations. At least that way, I will actually see the results, and others will be able to see something at least pleasurable for my hard work. Going door to door with a worn-out message that most people do not want to hear is being tired simply for nothing.

• undercover
    undercover
    Living in this wicked old system is wearing you out. The pressures of earning a living in this old world and dealing with the wickedness makes YOU tired.

And that's what keeps them "in"...

If they're so tired and they're doing what's right by Jehovah, they're afraid of how bad it must be if they were to slacken up and drift away from the bOrg.

Born-ins especially have no clue what it's like outside the cocoon. They only have what they're told by the leadership. Over time they develop a fear of being outside and all the pain, anquish and demons that come with it.

So they stay in the hamster wheel, thinking they're in a spiritual paradise when actually it's a carefully constructed WT hell.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I remember thinking...I've gone this far, even though I suspect it's not the truth, I can't give up now. Then it occurred to me--it will never get easier. Better do something about it now.

Clyde has a friend who is 86 years old, in a nursing home and knows it's not the truth, but he couldn't give it up Now he's miserable. At least Clyde goes to visit him regularly which is more than 99.9% of the witnesses do.

Bonnie

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I remember liking my life through the mid 90's, until my kids starting having trouble.

A wise man said that to learn about a culture/group, you push it. Teenage behavior by my children showed me what my lifelong religion really was, unyielding, unforgiving, unwise and vicious.

It was all downhill from there; I began to skip conducting the 2nd school, literally sick on thursdays, my wife told me it was mind induced.

I refused to fire df'd personnel; the elders began to isolate me.

I was very unhappy.

Then the 2002 abuse scandal hit; that opened my eyes.

After the initial anger and subsequent fade, I have been very happy ever since.

And I LOVE Thursday nights, Saturday mornings and Sundays.

P

• steve2
    steve2

Well after nigh on one-hundred-forty plus years of being tiresome, they're cutting back and are now just plain tired. I blame the economy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit