Tired JWs

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• onefootout
    onefootout

Someone said it on here before and I really liked the thought that people can't leave due to an escalating commitment their entire lives. Like the US in the Vietnam war, you just can't quit because it would mean all the sacrifices you made up to that point were all for nothing. The sadness and heartbreak of that is more than many can take so they just keep plodding along pushing back the growing cognitave dissonance, getting more and more tired and broken down each year. Very sad.

• minimus
    minimus

Now & Then---GREAT post!

Blondie, tired of going to the meetings.

MallCop/Blue----JWs look and act exhausted. Watch them going house to house for proof.

• undercover
    undercover
    JWs look and act exhausted. Watch them going house to house for proof.

They don't call it the "pioneer shuffle" fer nuthin ya know...

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I remember that terrible dragging tiredness....

Loz x

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Someone said it on here before and I really liked the thought that people can't leave due to an escalating commitment their entire lives. Like the US in the Vietnam war, you just can't quit because it would mean all the sacrifices you made up to that point were all for nothing. The sadness and heartbreak of that is more than many can take so they just keep plodding along pushing back the growing cognitave dissonance, getting more and more tired and broken down each year. Very sad.

This is very true. It is why education is SO important. The principle outlined above is primarily an economic principle but it applies to every decision one makes in life. Sunk costs SHOULD BE ignored in decision making; previous commitments ARE GONE and have nothing to do with future profitability. Yet, especially in areas of life that are emotional, most people consider the sunk costs as a primary factor.

They (we) spent their (our) lives, our energy, our children, our education on the cult. When you have spent SO MUCH for a cause it is hard to ignore those costs.

But ignoring them is for the best. Look forward only and consider future costs versus future benefits. Past costs are sunk, gone, ignore them. What does it cost to stay in and what are the benefits? What does it cost to leave and what are the benefits?

Those are the two important questions.

When one finally sees that the benefits to staying in no longer outweigh the costs and/or realizes that the benefits of leaving REALLY DO outweigh the costs, he or she can finally be free of the Borg.

• minimus
    minimus

They just amble along hoping to not think about anything. Just make it through another day until The End.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

NowandThen, holy crap, spot on!

• cult classic
    cult classic

My family is acting all gungho right about now. The conventions have just past, many of them had parts on the program. They think they are on fire! But when they are not "on", you can see how drained they are.

Very good thoughts you guys.

• minimus
    minimus

Looking back at my JW life, nothing really stands out over all those years. What a HUGE WASTE of time being a Witness is.

• undercover
    undercover
    Looking back at my JW life, nothing really stands out over all those years.

When you spend your entire life looking forward to something that never happens, there's nothing to remember.

The days, months and years all run together when all you do is go to meetings, service and occasional convention/assembly.

That's the way the WTS has it planned. Keep the workers so busy in their service to the corporation, they don't think about doing anything else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit