Do you believe the "Conscious Class" will be saved? (CHRISTIANS ONLY)

by brotherdan 98 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chalam
    Chalam

Just sent you a PM Dan :)

Double blessings in Christ!

Stephen

• Think About It
    Think About It

I believe that Jesus ressurected his own body from the dead.

You lost me here. I thought you were smarter than this. Get the hell out of the JW's now and find yourself another cult.

Think About It

• Scully
    Scully

To believe in WTS doctrine, you'd have to be completely UNCONSCIOUS (i.e., part of your brain turned off).

Oh, you mean "conscience".

There is a huge difference between the way the WTS applies the term Conscience™ and Conscientious™, and the actual definition of the concepts.

JWs & the Concept of Conscientious Objection

• Chalam
    Chalam

Think About It I believe that Jesus ressurected his own body from the dead.

You lost me here. I thought you were smarter than this. Get the hell out of the JW's now and find yourself another cult.

John 10:17 (English Standard Version)

17 For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again.

Romans 8:9-11 (New International Version)

9 You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. 10 But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness. 11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.

Acts 2:24 (English Standard Version)

24 God raised him up, loosing the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to be held by it.

1 Peter 3:18 (English Standard Version)

18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit

And whilst I am here, more scriptural proof that Jesus is God and also, the Holy Spirit.

Blessings,

Stephen

• Scully
    Scully

Brotherdan:

I believe in the Bible. It is my only anchor. I can see that men do not have the answer. If I cannot believe that God does not have the answer, where else do I go? I love Jesus with all of my heart. And you guys can think I'm an idiot for believing this. But this is one thing that I will NEVER give up. God's Word is the only thing I have to hold on to.

Maybe you believe in the Bible because it is your only point of reference at this point in time? I'm not saying that it is (because I haven't interacted with you very much to know one way or the other), but what I am saying is that there are a lot more options besides "The Bible" and "where else do I go?"

I, for one, do not think that you're an idiot. I think that you are just starting on a journey of discovery, and that it would be an injustice to that journey to limit yourself to the framework of Judeo-Christian beliefs.

I have to wonder, though, if the Bible is your "anchor" and you accept it without question, how does your conscience mesh with the blatant misogyny (hatred for and demeaning of women) of the Bible? How does your conscience mesh with the idea of human sacrifice being acceptable to God (Jephthah's daughter)? How does your conscience mesh with the Biblical edict that menstruating women are "unclean" or that a virgin who is raped must marry the man who raped her and never be allowed to be free of him? Or that it is perfectly acceptable to offer one's virgin daughters to a mob so that they may be sexually abused in favor of male guests (Lot). Is that the kind of conscience you really want to have and be proud of?

• Think About It
    Think About It

Stephen.......are you that nutty that you can't see that the scriptures you provided show God resurrected Jesus? Do you even comprehend how ridiculous it sounds to say Jesus resurrected himself? You guys are more brainwashed than the JW's are.

Think About It

• Chalam
    Chalam

17 For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again.

Matthew 22:29 (New International Version)

29 Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.

Blessings,

Stephen

• Chalam
    Chalam

John 10:14-20 (New International Version)

14 "I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. 17 The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

19 At these words the Jews were again divided. 20 Many of them said, "He is demon-possessed and raving mad. Why listen to him?"

Think About It, it seems you concur with the view of the Jews in verse 20.

Blessings,

Stephen

• Think About It
    Think About It

Numbnutz........he takes it up again, because he laid down his life faithfully. Of course you know that, but you have to come up with a way to spin the Jesus/Trinity/Godman thing. It doesn't have to make any sense for you guys.

Think About It

• Chalam
    Chalam

OK, here's another question for you, how did Jesus take his life up again if he was "conscious of nothing"?

Blessings,

Numbnutz.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit