Do you believe the "Conscious Class" will be saved? (CHRISTIANS ONLY)

by brotherdan 98 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tec
    tec

I think Wannabefree said it best. There are scriptures for, and scriptures against. No one should jump down another person's throat for believing either way - especially not when they are following Christ. That is between them and God.

Romans, Chapter 14

Tammy

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The problem is when we go beyond what is written to try to explain what was written and why WE think it was written that way.

We shouldn't try to do that so much.

Jesus is God by Nature, having been begotten of God.

The HS is God's HS and as such, is God ( what else can it be?)

If you wanna view that as a trinity, great, if not, good for you too.

Did Jesus say he could raise his body? Yes.

That he laid down his life and can take it up again? yes.

Does that make him God? or the One that Raised his body from the Dead?

That depends, do you think that God and Jesus form a perfect union and that all was created through Jesus?

If you say yes then that perfect union is what raised the Body of Jesus, so did God raise Jesus? Yes and did Jesus have the power to raise himself? Yes. So did Jesus raise himself in union with God and God's HS? yes.

Does that justify the Trinity doctrine?

If you want it to, sure, if not, that's ok too.

• peacedog
    peacedog
    The problem is when we go beyond what is written to try to explain what was written and why WE think it was written that way.

Well I certainly have no problem with someone telling me why they "think it was written that way". If only JWs did that....

But JWs don't tell us why they *think* it was written that way; they tell us why it *was* written that way.

Let's be blunt. A good JW knows not to think, for what would be the point? Their cult masters have already done that for them and reached the "correct" conclusion. That being the case, of what benefit is thinking to a jw....? Since they already have the "correct" conclusion (thanks, cult masters!), thinking could only lead them to the "wrong" conclusion...

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Thanks, wannabefree. Barbeque and beer...I'm always up for that.

Thinkaboutit: A Trinity circle jerk? Nice. You've shown you class and inability to have intelligent debate. I agree with Tammy that there are scriptures seemingly "for" the Trinity and scriptures seemingly against the Trinity. After a lifetime of forcing my views on others, I don't want to do this anymore. But dude, whether you are right or wrong in your views, you are showing yourself to be someone that acts like a 12 year old. They don't have the intelligence to argue any facts, so they resort to insults. Nice job.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Oh calm down you big baby. The Trinity circle jerk was a clever joke. You formulated your beliefs, now be a man and get the hell out of the JW's.

Think About It

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Clever joke? It wasn't even funny... I can take a joke, but it's gotta be better than that.

• Pat_4037
    Pat_4037

By grace [undeserved favor] you are saved [forgiven and brought into a restored relationship with God] by Faith , and that not of yourself it is the gift of God lest any man should boast.

Amazing grace it truly is .. unearned, undeserved and unconditional. WOW !!!

Blessings - Pat

• Ding
    Ding

Being a Christian is coming into a relationship with Christ through faith. In doing so we need to beware of false Christs and false gospels (2 Cor. 11:4).

The NT lists a number of things that are critical to salvation:

1. The identity of Christ (John 8:58)

2. The atoning death of Christ for all our sins. (1 Peter 2:24)

3. The resurrection of Christ from the dead. (1 Cor. 15:17)

4. A personal repentance to God of our sins as the way of receiving this atonement personally (Acts 3:19)

5. The need for a spiritual rebirth through faith in Christ's atonement (John 3:3)

6. Trusting wholly in Christ and his sacrifice for our forgiveness and deliverance from the law of sin, death, and condemnation (Rom. 8:1-2; Gal. 3:10)

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    The NT lists a number of things that are critical to salvation:
    1. The identity of Christ (John 8:58)
    2. The atoning death of Christ for all our sins. (1 Peter 2:24)
    3. The resurrection of Christ from the dead. (1 Cor. 15:17)
    4. A personal repentance to God of our sins as the way of receiving this atonement personally (Acts 3:19)
    5. The need for a spiritual rebirth through faith in Christ's atonement (John 3:3)
    6. Trusting wholly in Christ and his sacrifice for our forgiveness and deliverance from the law of sin, death, and condemnation (Rom. 8:1-2; Gal. 3:10)

Thing is, those are only applicable to Christians, those that have accepted Jesus as their saviour.

Many people have not an dthose will be saved based on WHY they haven't.

Many people have never heard the message, many have been exposed only to a distorted message and many yet have been so burned by a false message that ANY message is just not going to get through.

God knows this and that is why only God and Jesus can decide and only they can Judge.

They truly know what we do, why we do it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit