Do you REALLY believe Ezekiel laid seige to a brick 390 days?

by Terry 91 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sabastious
    sabastious

I think the main point is why the hell did God need this to happen? It sounds very much like a whim or fleeting knee jerk idea. It's just plain nonsensical!

-Sab

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I think the main point is why the hell did God need this to happen?

The account explains why, dear sab (peace to you!)... as a dramatic notification... warning... to a hard-hearted, hard-headed, stiff-necked Israel. And a LOVING one: they only needed to look at this drama and then look at themselves and then go, "Hey, wait, are we really doing right, by God and by our fellow man? Or are we acting like all those others we run around calling 'unclean'?" I ask you, which turned out worse: the warning... or the fulfillment (which could have been negated)?

Did they get the warning of Ezekiel's drama? Apparently, not. They apparently didn't get God's pleas through Jeremiah, either. Or Obadiah. Or Micah. Or Zephaniah.

It sounds very much like a whim or fleeting knee jerk idea. It's just plain nonsensical!

By today's standards, sure. I mean, it's not like Ezekiel could have taken an ad out in the paper. Or posted something on Craigslist. Not even standing on the street and calling out would have done anything: the people refused to see their error. But those who held Ezekiel captive knew what he was doing... and saying... and THEY could have related it to the people, the people could have stopped their unclean hypocrisy... and the mock "siege" could have been over long before 390 days.

You have to admit, however, that Ezekiel's mock siege was quite a bit LESS expensive than others throughout history. And earthling man has been known to do FAR more ridiculous things. Surely, you've seen the MTV show "Jackass"? A bound man lay looking at a brick model of a city that later became besieged just as he prophesied it would... for 430 days. What IS the big deal?

Again, I bid you peace...

A slave of Christ,

SA, who doesn't quite get, given all the other dramas written in the Bible, why THIS is the one considered to be so "far-fetched"...

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

AGuest That was funny. I know you wont see the humor or irony, but your last post is hilarius.

• AGuest
    AGuest

I did mean it to be a bit on the humorous side, dear DF (may you have peace!)... because, truly, as I stated, given all the OTHER stuff "in the Bible" why THIS one is considered among the most unbelievable is beyond me.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Terry
    Terry

The account explains why, dear sab (peace to you!)... as a dramatic notification... warning... to a hard-hearted, hard-headed, stiff-necked Israel. And a LOVING one ask you, which turned out worse: the warning... or the fulfillment (which could have been negated)?

Did they get the warning of Ezekiel's drama? Apparently, not. They apparently didn't get God's pleas th: they only needed to look at this drama and then look at themselves and then go, "Hey, wait, are we really doing right, by God and by our fellow man? Or are weacting like all those others we run around calling 'unclean'?" Irough Jeremiah, either. Or Obadiah. Or Micah. Or Zephaniah.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Oh this is a bit much!

According to you Almighty all-knowing God was unable to foresee that his little masque would go unheeded? That would be cynical, would it not?

Wouldn't an all-knowing deity have privileged information as to exactly what WOULD work and use that instead?

It doesn't wash, I'm afraid.

Try again.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    According to you Almighty all-knowing God was unable to foresee that his little masque would go unheeded? That would be cynical, would it not?

First, dear Terry (peace to you!), you confuse me with those who believe the Father to be omniscient, omnipresent, etc. You have never seen me post such a thing... So, "according to me"... no, that's not what I was stating, at all...

To respond to your assertion, however, I will say that the Most Holy One of Israel always... ALWAYS... gives the individual the benefit of the doubt. Always. Because that is what love WOULD do. For example, you have a child that, ummmm... lies. Constantly. You know she does. Yet, because you LOVE her, you allow yourself to BELIEVE her, even when you know she's lying. Why? Because... you HOPE. Maybe. Perhaps. "Even though I know better," you say to yourself, "Maybe this time I'M wrong. Maybe." You know you're not, of course. But think of how you would rejoice if you were. What would be more important to you, really... that YOU were RIGHT? Or that your child, who once lied in everything they said, now speaks the truth?

Wouldn't an all-knowing deity have privileged information as to exactly what WOULD work and use that instead?

Would work to do what, dear one... reveal people's hearts? Sure. An actual siege would do it, I'm thinking. Would a LOVING God jump right to that, though, with absolutely NO warning? Just allow others to come in and devastate His people, those He covenanted to protect... without at least trying to give them a heads-up? Perhaps, if it was a God who jumped in haste whenever the other parties to His covenant defaulted. The Most Holy One of Israel is not hasty, however, but slow to anger. What, though, if He does warn them... in so simple a manner even the little children could have gotten it... but, the people CHOOSE to disregard the warning... heck, don't even LET their little children know of it? Sounds kinda WTer-ish, don't it... and there you go...

It doesn't wash, I'm afraid.

Well, if you look at things the way you do... with eyes that don't WANT to "see"... sure. In that case, nothing will "wash", will it? Unfortunately, such blindness was Israel's downfall, too...

Try again.

May I suggest you do the same?

As always, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• Terry
    Terry

To respond to your assertion, however, I will say that the Most Holy One of Israel always... ALWAYS... gives the individual the benefit of the doubt. Always.

The Most Holy One of Israel is not hasty, however, but slow to anger.

____________________________________________________________________________________
    "From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some youths came out of the town and jeered at him. 'Go on up, you baldhead!' they said. 'Go on up, you baldhead!' He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths."
    - II Kings 2:23-24 (NIV)

____________________________________________________________________________________________

a manner even the little children could have gotten it... but, the people CHOOSE to disregard the warning... heck, don't even LET their little children know of it?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

"If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods" (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death.Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people. Stone him to death, because he tried to turn you away from the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again."
    - Deuteronomy 13:6-10 (NIV)

Snuggly bunny hugs to thee, dear brother!

• Terry
    Terry

You have to admit, however, that Ezekiel's mock siege was quite a bit LESS expensive than others throughout history. And earthling man has been known to do FAR more ridiculous things. Surely, you've seen the MTV show "Jackass"? A bound man lay looking at a brick model of a city that later became besieged just as he prophesied it would... for 430 days. What IS the big deal?

This is rich!

I can see you sitting there nibbling Cheetohs watching Jackass on MTV and shaking your head while scribbling notes for reference on JW-net!

Is this the best logical defense you can muster for the divinely wise 430 day brick seige? Idiots on skateboards hurt themselves too??

God loves Israel impotently, in your mind, wringing His invisible hands like a Jewish mother and hoping for the best while concocting a feckless brick seige scenario to....ummm...convince their hard hearts that something serious is coming their way??

The mind boggles at your standards of feasibility when processing plausible scenarios in life!

Fuzzy hugs and splendiferous air kisses to thee dear brother Shelby Anguiano. May you have Reeses pieces!

• AGuest
    AGuest

Ahhh, Terry (peace to you!)... referring me to such things. Obviously, you've never really paid a bit of attention to a single thing I've posted over the years. Like this, just a few hours ago...

They are kind...
    Indeed, dear Inkie (peace to you... and NICE to see you posting these days!)... always and in everything. Which is why my Lord said that he came to "bear witness to the TRUTH"... about our Heavenly Father. See Christ... see God. "See" what I mean?

Now, seriously, can you imagine my Lord sending an angry she bear out to maul some little kids who made fun of a bald guy? Or NOT showing mercy to someone simply because they sinned? C'mon...

Here's the "problem," dear one: you "see" the Most Holy One of Israel as you WISH to see Him: as Israel made Him out to be... and not as He really is. Because of this, the ONLY way you can reconcile your heart and mind TO a God at all... is to convince yourself that He doesn't exist. Because NO true God, a creator of all life, would be such.

But you are right... no TRUE God would. And He isn't and doesn't. How do I know? Because I see Him as He is... because I see Christ, His Image. In that way, I can also see the LIES. That is why my Lord taught me to pray: "May your holy name be SANCTIFIED." Meaning, cleansed. Why? Because of all the lies that have caused REPROACH on that name... such as you show here. But such reproach won't continue forever.

With all of that said, however, I feel the need to point out that you really can't have it both ways, dear one: either God is a mean, hateful, heinous monster... or He doesn't exist... which you say you believe. Which makes your accusations even sillier.

As always, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ, the Son of the TRUE God, JAH of Armies,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest
    This is rich! I can see you sitting there nibbling Cheetohs watching Jackass on MTV and shaking your head while scribbling notes for reference on JW-net!

No, you can't, dear one, as (1) I don't eat Cheetohs (I am more of a Hot Fries kinda girl), and (2) I've never seen Jackass. I only needed to see a trailer/ commercial to know it wasn't really worth my time... as well as that it was appropriate example of the stooooopid things humans do.

Is this the best logical defense you can muster for the divinely wise 430 day brick seige? Idiots on skateboards hurt themselves too??

Seems appropriate to me: one seems illogical and stoopid to you... and the other seems so to me... yet, the latter does occur. Frequently. Even in this very advanced millenia. Why, then, not the first?

God loves Israel impotently, in your mind, wringing His invisible hands like a Jewish mother and hoping for the best while concocting a feckless brick seige scenario to....ummm...convince their hard hearts that something serious is coming their way??

No, no... that's in YOUR "lost" mind, dear one...

The mind boggles at your standards of feasibility when processing plausible scenarios in life!

Methinks your mind boggles at a whole lot less, dear one.

Fuzzy hugs and splendiferous air kisses to thee dear brother Shelby Anguiano.

Save those for your wife/girlfriend/kids/significant other, dear Terry Love. 'Cause it sounds to me like you might need the practice -

May you have Reeses pieces!

Hot Fries, Butterchews, and peace to you, too!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

Sister SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit